EA Forums - Banner

Neighbors hit the road?

upgrading castles for premium walls sake and that is it. I have well completed the event. Have noticed many of my friends not being as active through this event. They keep their towns cleared enough so I can collect mostly.
One person was about to be deleted yesterday but that one actually logged in and visited me.
I am finding few visitors though, which is making friendship prizes come along more slowly, however I don't care as there is no time limit on them. I can wait an extra day or 2 for the prize itself. Though it does put me a day or 2 short on the completed FP points sparatic donuts.

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    None of mine seem to be wandering off because they're done. A few haven't been on for awhile (one has had problems with lockouts in the past, one has medical issues that may have hospitalized him again, etc.) one of them literally just started the event a few days ago after not logging in for a couple weeks, and one of them still had not started it and I'm wondering if they're gone forever.

I'm still playing, but not pouring a ton of energy into it. Donuts for gold would be sweet, of course, but they don't do that every event. I am still upgrading boxingham so I can get free cardboard walls, but I haven't upgraded the other two castles for awhile. I also set up a brown house farm to leave undefended. (I need the income from my other houses, unfortunately.)
  • furrykiltman
    661 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Done at least a week ago, though still playing. That added stuff for elixir, & who knows what the future holds.
  • MonicaL9
    230 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Yeah I too have noticed that almost half of my friends disappeared this event. I have been a little MiA too though. Not saying this is a horrible event or anything but it may be my least favorite. I just want the Halloweem update already :(
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    A few seem to have gone silent. Most are still playing - the ones who don't want to participate in **** seem to be leaving their houses and castles destroyed, but are making sure they clear their handshakes so we can collect FP. I'm not deleting anyone - I'm going to wait for a couple of weeks after the event finishes to see if they come back. It really could just be that they have no interest/are not enjoying the event. If so, I can get that. I !myself like the event - it's different, so that's probably why. But it's not everybody's cup of tea.

Do I want them to do something like this again. Probably not. It is a very time consuming event, which makes it unappealing/discouraging to many. Right now I happen to have the time to put in to it and log in several times to attack all my neighbours, but under normal circumstances I probably would not be able to play it more than once a day.

I get the impression that many people (this includes people who are not my neighbours) are still playing in an effort to help players who haven't completed the event yet. Some have also kept on going to get elixir for upgrades and elixir based purchases.

I think for us players who are a little older, we also have to keep in mind that September is a busy time for the younger players - school is just starting up again, and University and College are too - a lot of activities go on the first month of University. Another reason some friends are disappearing, and another reason I'll give those who aren't playing until a couple of weeks after the event until I delete or try to contact them...
  • barryriddl474
    4838 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Most of my friends seem to be playing. I'm also done with the event, and I'm trying to get walls for Bart's castle (just hit level 20 on his today). I don't take advantage on the elixir glitch, mainly because I enjoy playing so much and would not like to be away from the game for 12+ hours. I play throughout the day, and yesterday I woke up to 13K in elixir, so that's not too bad. Also, just picked up the Marge atrocity.... I mean, that **** statue. Looking forward to Mr. Teeny.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.