EA Forums - Banner

Game crashing/loading screen goes green while visiting friends

I had the green screen once (with the characters) - it lasted for a few seconds and them I crashed. Only happened once. I know that doesn't help you much with your problem, but at least you know it has happened to someone else (I have a pic of it, but no means of putting in this post - I have yet to get imgur).

Replies

• MonicaL9
    230 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    suetopia wrote:
    I had the green screen once (with the characters) - it lasted for a few seconds and them I crashed. Only happened once. I know that doesn't help you much with your problem, but at least you know it has happened to someone else (I have a pic of it, but no means of putting in this post - I have yet to get imgur).

Thanks, it does make me feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only one. Oh and also thanks for reminding me about Imgur, luckily (I mean unluckily) it just happened to me again a fee minutes ago and I took a picture. This one is actually a little different then most because usually it's just all green and no castle, finger, grass etc.

WUgvHBbl.jpg

• suetopia
    4225 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    That's how mine looked, except all the characters were there.

Have you tried the basic troubleshooting stuff?
    1) Log out of game and log back in
    2) Turn your device off and on
    3) if you have the game on another device, check to see if it's happening on that as well

I'm hoping someone will come along and offer you a better solution, but if it keeps happening you might want to contact EA support.

I wish you luck :) hopefully it's just temporary!
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited September 2014
    Are you really telling me that the loading screen is not a simple image?
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited September 2014
    MonicaL9 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:

Thanks, it does make me feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only one. Oh and also thanks for reminding me about Imgur, luckily (I mean unluckily) it just happened to me again a fee minutes ago and I took a picture. This one is actually a little different then most because usually it's just all green and no castle, finger, grass etc.

WUgvHBbl.jpg

I'd say to either try uninstalling and reinstalling or clearing your games data from your device and if none of that works contact ea. Also I gotta admit that screen looks awesome
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited September 2014
    I had this happen to me the other night, its not the 1st time this has happened

This type of screen has happened loads of times before, i find it a simple thing to get around.....as soon as you see it appear close the game down/close the app and reload the game after doing that you wont see it happen again (Well at least for a bit anyway)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited September 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I had this happen to me the other night, its not the 1st time this has happened

This type of screen has happened loads of times before, i find it a simple thing to get around.....as soon as you see it appear close the game down/close the app and reload the game after doing that you wont see it happen again (Well at least for a bit anyway)

Yup, this happens for me as well and closing down the app, force stopping it and then rebooting seems to clear it up.

My screen first goes black instead of green (as in the piccie), then if I carry on visiting other SF's a black box covers all 4 characters but the background is still there. More black boxes appear, sometimes moving from covering certain areas to cover new ones.

Eventually the in game graphics start to artifact, the next friend button vanishes and things you tap in peoples towns appear as strange blobs.

That's when I tend to reset everything :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!