EA Forums - Banner

WORST event ever: let's settle this

Prev13456711
The easter event was the worst for me, edited because I'm tired and didn't read :(

Replies

• sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited September 2014
    Easter because of the random boxes, making it pretty much impossible to complete.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Easter was the first event I experienced. I had no idea what I was doing. I ended up with 3 easter fences from the whole event. Still... in retrospect, it really was crap.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Nice poll thanks. Whacking day did bring extra snakes. You got whack boxes for a chance at donuts or money. Really I just pointed this out to post about whack boxes :)
  • brewdog79
    468 posts
    edited September 2014
    Nothing else was close to being as bad as Easter. My pick for second worst would be Christmas 2013, though, I do miss the snow. **** has sort of been mid-pack for me.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    sojournfan wrote:
    Easter because of the random boxes, making it pretty much impossible to complete.
    Agreed. I personally thought easter was very dishonest about which items were truly prizes, and which were essentially premium items.

(Note: premium items are 100% okay with me, but don't hide them behind a facade of being something you can earn with event currency.)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    Nice poll thanks. Whacking day did bring extra snakes. You got whack boxes for a chance at donuts or money. Really I just pointed this out to post about whack boxes :)
    Good to know, thanks! I must have missed that in the wiki description. Considering what a grind I heard it was, though, I'll leave the joke in.
    (I started playing on a kindle, didn't have the game available until after whacking day.)
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Clash if clones is in no way a 'bad' event, it's just been poorly conceived. The idea is good but the fact it promotes costing randomers over neighbours is odd. And the fact that its the longest event we have ever had when you could complete it in about 2 weeks at most is completely baffling.
    If the event was set to end next week, rather than the 2nd of October I don't think it would get so much stick- it's just it's about boring for as long as it lasts.

Easter was easily the worst, they took everything we hated from Christmas and vallentines( mystery boxes(I'm ok with them in small amounts)) and made them insane- it was actually possible to play te whole event and get nothing you wanted if you were incredibly unlucky and couldn't play enough to get the guarantees number.

Mystery boxes are bad enough, but the fact they made it hard to even receive a go on certain mystery boxes( gold and te other colour) is what made it DAMN RIGHT UNFORGIVABLE

And actually that stupid fabargie egg that was almost impossible to unlock and meant no one could get egg baskets for weeks too.
    Definitely Easter was the worst
  • harvestmoonc
    21 posts
    edited September 2014
    Christmas 2013 was pretty bad with that freaking wheel. But,Easter was by far the most hair pulling event ever put forth in this game. Unless you spent $50 on donuts,no way could you finish that mess of an event.
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Christmas 2013 was pretty bad with that freaking wheel. But,Easter was by far the most hair pulling event ever put forth in this game. Unless you spent $50 on donuts,no way could you finish that mess of an event.
    Easter is the only event that I haven't received everything that's free so far, just because there was no way you could control it so even if you played all day there was no guarantee of anything.
    So missed the Mexican building, shary bobbings and the priest
  • pinkamina_pie0
    58 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm not crazy about C of C, but Easter was far worse because of the way they did the prizes, catching the bunnies was actually pretty cute i enjoyed it at first, those random prizes ruined the whole thing.
  • patzmcm
    703 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Well done poll. I've only been playing since 12-13 so my experience is limited. But I did NOT enjoy Easter 2014.
  • Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Worst event so far: Easter - somehow it translated as three wheels; the only way to get a chance of obtaining all the "prizes" was to gamble money. Was like Las Vegas slots, no guarantee of winning the prices regardless of the amount of money spend.

First runner up Valentine's day 2014. Wheel -against very negative feed back from gamers.

Second runner up Christmas 2013. Introducing "the wheel".

I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I expected Easter and CofC to take most of the votes but this is a landslide. The vote for Halloween 2013 is unexpected to say the least. I thought that one was the best (but I did miss 2012). Maybe a typo?
  • Mumble_Taker
    180 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    The Easter debcacle and it's not even close. Easter had better prizes but it was impossible to get everything (never got the Egg Guy :( ) and I spent my extra donuts on boxes so I never got Mojo the Helper Monkey.

I'd rather be kind of bored and get all the prizes than be **** when I spend cash (on a free game) for a chance to win something besides an easter tree.

That event did provide some nice fences. I wish I won more of those...
  • Samaranth01
    2184 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Easter. I wouldn't have minded not getting all the prizes if I felt I had had a fair chance, but it felt like I was playing hog-tied. I couldn't even get enough fences for the donut bonus. :(
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited September 2014
    Easter is very unpopular around here. Regardless, I still enjoyed it more than I'm enjoying this event. I got some nice prizes out of it and enjoyed the bunnies.

I am clearly in the minority, but for me **** is still the worst, because I don't enjoy playing it and I don't like the prizes.
  • Funchal13
    279 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    WORST EVER EVENT. EASTER 2014.

Second worst: Christmas 2013. introducing the wheel to the game. As far as I'm concerned this spoiled the event completely.

Third worst: Valentine's 2014. Returning of the wheel with snarky and mocking remarks against the gamers, courtesy of the devs. Not nice to bite the hand that feeds you...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    I expected Easter and CofC to take most of the votes but this is a landslide. The vote for Halloween 2013 is unexpected to say the least. I thought that one was the best (but I did miss 2012). Maybe a typo?
    I believe one poster thought this was for the best event. I put "worst" in caps to avoid further confusion.
    I'm not at all shocked by the landslide. One of the longest threads on this forum was one of frustration at Easter. There are members who refuse to speak its name. The rating in the app store plummeted to an all-time low. Et cetera.

I'd rather be kind of bored and get all the prizes than be **** when I spend cash (on a free game) for a chance to win something besides an easter tree.
    Bingo.
  • vic147
    622 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Easter 2013 was the worst event ever.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Funchal13 wrote:
    Third worst: Valentine's 2014. Returning of the wheel with snarky and mocking remarks against the gamers, courtesy of the devs.

Wasn't just v-day, either.
    Easter dialogue about how foolish we are to hope for a pattern, and how much the randomness sucks but they gave it to us anyway:
    Homer: Must get every Easter Box prize… Must complete set… Life meaningless until all are mine…
    Bart: Snap out of it, man! Quit letting a randomized outcome rule your life.
    Homer: Oh, it’s not random. There’s a pattern, I’m sure of it. Just like there’s a pattern to how we walk around town… I assume.
    Bart: Maybe you should just go to work. Then you could earn enough money to buy the things you want outright.
    Homer: What’s the point of that? There’s no drama, no delectable tension. Besides, Mr. Burns told all his employees to take the month off and collect eggs.
    Homer: Which I find in no way suspicious! Now shut up.
    Homer: According to an online forum post I just read, the next Easter Box I buy is guaranteed to pay off big! Guaranteed!

Dialogue about how much the event sucks and how lazy they are about making it not suck, and also we're all helpless sheep:
    Homer: Haven't thought about it. I'm simply obeying my brain's deep-seated, irrational impulse to collect things. It's a weakness we all share, and one evil game designers are expert at exploiting. Thanks, game designers!
    But why are we talking, when we could be collecting?
    Stranger: Pssst... I'll tell you what you can do with them. Collect enough eggs and I'll trade you a mysterious box from my extensive collection of rare objects from around the world
    Homer: Ooh! More collecting! Pretty sweet…
    Lisa: Dad, is this really the most productive way to spend your time?
    Homer: Lisa, someday you'll understand that collecting things so you can trade them in for collectibles from some dude's collection is the only way to feel good about yourself.
    Lisa: But they're random prizes, Dad. What if you just get a bunch of fences?
    Home: Hey yeah, I hate winning fences!
    Stranger: If you suck out and get a total of 50 Easter fences from boxes, I'll also give you a free 15 donuts.
    Homer: 15 donuts?! Holy crap! I love winning fences!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.