EA Forums - Banner

Let's help our neighbors win all the prizes!

I have been doing the same thing, as I've been going through friend visits to collect FP I've been sure to use two or three nerds per town on attacks for friends not at 38,000 yet.

Replies

• AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Here's a small correction again to those who say they didn't use the glitch.

When I said it's impossible not to use it in my thread a while back people came back with many arguments stating why it was impossible for them to use it. Someone did say they don't sleep and log in every two hours. Not sure if it's true but hey I'm not here to call people out.

Here are a couple of scenarios for you:

-You go to sleep after sending people on attacks. You log back in 8+ hours later. Glitch automatically used.

-You send nerds on attack but log in every few hours. Your neighbors don't return either because they don't play this game as often as you or are using the glitch. Either way the advantage becomes yours.

What I'm trying to say is, it's very hard not use this glitch in the long term. Since in the beginning people didn't need long hours to successfully win an attack, the chances of winning were way higher, thus giving people an opportunity to complete the event even faster.

Also I like your idea, but I'm not sure how far that'll go for several reasons:

1. Most people won't have the patience to do that everyday.

2. Being able to attack 5 times per neighbor won't do much considering the payout they get for defending was lowered like crazy.

3. Everyone would have to do this on the persons friend list which is extremely unlikely.

But hey it's worth a try. :-)
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Yes, it is VERY true that I don't sleep well and that I'm awake every two hours. So yeah, the glitch might have happened a few times, but only in extremely minor amounts of profit. So no, I didn't use the glitch at all to make a real profit until last night.

BTW, I've recently (2 nights ago) found out how much melatonin helps sleep. I'll be taking that from now on.
  • Samaranth01
    2182 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I always go to my friends first with my nerds, giving each 5 nerds. I just start at the beginning and work my way through. I go to random towns when I have no friends to attack at the time. :D
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    Yes, it is VERY true that I don't sleep well and that I'm awake every two hours. So yeah, the glitch might have happened a few times, but only in extremely minor amounts of profit. So no, I didn't use the glitch at all to make a real profit until last night.

BTW, I've recently (2 nights ago) found out how much melatonin helps sleep. I'll be taking that from now on.
    That's definitely a good thing! Not getting sleep at all can be very bad for your health. Also the reason why I said it like that was because I've known people personally who claimed they didn't sleep but later found out they did just a little less then others do. For example they only slept like 4-5 hours a night. Some people like to over exaggerate, and I wasn't sure if you were or not. :lol:

Also Zquil helps a lot if you can't sleep. It's non habit forming too. :)
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    teo47 wrote:
    I have been doing the same thing, as I've been going through friend visits to collect FP I've been sure to use two or three nerds per town on attacks for friends not at 38,000 yet.

Me to, lots of people that can confirm this :wink:
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    This update gives players greater rewards for attacking random towns. I believe this is why several of my neighbors have fewer than 38k gold. Therefore, from now until the end of the event, I will be scrolling through my neighbor list and only attacking those who have not yet earned 38.000 gold. I will not attack random towns until I've run out of "less fortunate" neighbors.
    The downsides to this approach are: 1) the reward from being attacked is negligible, and 2) your neighbors with low scores will feel compelled to reciprocate and get 1/5 the return per nerd that they could get from attacking randoms.

While your intention is definitely good, IMO, the only way that your attack would actually help their scores would be if they weren't able to reciprocate, e.g., if you left all of your houses to burn.

I have one incredibly faithful neighbor with a score of ~5000 gold. She was a random add 6 months ago and likely has few neighbors, but she seems to be on quite a bit. She likes to raid 5 buildings in my town every chance she gets. While I definitely appreciate her gesture, I wish she would learn to use that random button.
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited September 2014
    I'm trying to help out my neighbors who haven't finished yet. I only defend my castles to collect nerds and I send out those nerds in their towns.
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I always go to my friends first with my nerds, giving each 5 nerds. I just start at the beginning and work my way through. I go to random towns when I have no friends to attack at the time. :D

We have the same strategy!
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    Ningyo42 wrote:

That's definitely a good thing! Not getting sleep at all can be very bad for your health. Also the reason why I said it like that was because I've known people personally who claimed they didn't sleep but later found out they did just a little less then others do. For example they only slept like 4-5 hours a night. Some people like to over exaggerate, and I wasn't sure if you were or not. :lol:

Also Zquil helps a lot if you can't sleep. It's non habit forming too. :)
    Thanks for the cool attitude! :) Anyway, I've been going through a rough patch in life and my anxiety is through the roof. So I go to sleep for 2 hours, wake up, and let that happen a few more times. You have NO idea how much I wish I was exaggerating. I so wish I wasn't.... Melatonin has helped to the point I only wake up once. I can't wait until life is straightened out enough that I can sleep normally again. And yeah, sleep is important. I'm not the same person I was a year ago. I'm not nearly as happy. I've tried Z-Quil, and it helped me stay asleep, but not fall asleep. Weird, huh?

So on the subject of the post... I was thinking that the best way to help neighbors get some coin and purple is to find a way to let them know they can attack you and that you won't defend, without telling every random attacker (Xmas lights, ant signs and the such) so they will never be without a building to attack. I suppose that you could just never defend, but I'm tired (see above lol) and not up to the town meeting to plan it....
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!