EA Forums - Banner

Seriously, ppl...

Seriously, you thread is in the same category as the add me threads: garbage....

Replies

• SirEdgarA
    183 posts
    edited December 2012
    shockman85 wrote:
    3 add me threads on the first page. SMH....

Their is a thread about this kinda thread, look it up.
  • shermansen
    105 posts
    edited December 2012
    Someone should make a thread about the kind of threads that are about this kind of thread.
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Or someone should make a thread about this kind of thread but from an already existing thread as those threads act to stop such threads from happening :P
  • woodychips134
    68 posts
    edited December 2012
    I've run out of thread and don't know what to do. Please help! :)
  • Audiobrain
    250 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    New add me threads are a sign of those who want to be seen at the head of the line. They don't want to simply add someone else, or review previous threads to see who is more interesting as a poster. In this day if instant gratification, they can't actually spend the time to do the work of "reading". Because we are not teaching reading anymore, we are teaching the heinous habit of skimming.

They have actually done studies on eye movements for those reading on a screen vs. those reading a book page. In contrast to the complete page reading from a book, screen readers read in an F pattern. The first few lines, slide down to the center, the middle few lines, down the side, then the page.

There is no analysis of content, not discussion of the broader context or reference to other "threads", it's presented as something to get done and suivre next. Sad, Sad, Sad.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!