EA Forums - Banner

This event makes no sense

Prev1
Ralph0757 wrote:
I still have like 6000 gold. I've seen people with tons of gold, I've read the guides here, but I just don't get how this event works. I sent out max nerds to buildings, but the chances of buildings being defended is super high, and the one nerd per building makes no sense, of course people will defend between 16 hours. I play all the time, and I just send nerds to towns, should I send one nerd a building?! How do you make gold?! Thanks. And I'm not ****, it's just this update I have low rewards

Just keep raiding and you will get there till october 8th :wink:

Replies

• Ralph0757
    27 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Random towns though?
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Like me, there are plenty of people not defending. Put one nerd per house (not castle), 5 per town, in those towns.
  • Ralph0757
    27 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Ok, how can you tell towns that are not defending?
  • joecali160582
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Hi Ralph one nerd per castle/house it's a better bet....many players don't play every day and you can maximize the rewards, attacking 12h houses, it's a lazy player, and you raise the win options.

Use the elixir to increase the nerd production, play every two or four hours increase the options to win a lot of gold.

Attack random players, friends reward are very low.

Try to attack the castles, if you win increase 140 elixirs per castle...70 per house. And even if you lose all atacks you win a high reward attacking one nerd per house or castle.

http://simpsonstappedout.wikia.com/wiki/Clash_of_Clones_2014_Event
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    This is what you gotta do. Go to random towns and attack those with low defense. Set it up so every house you attack has a duration of, example 12 hours. Continue attacking random towns and continue attacking for the 12 hour duration. Once all of your nerds are deployed, close the game and do not enter it for 12 hours. After 12 hours, you will be rewarded for destroying the houses even if you didnt.
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited September 2014
    Ralph0757 wrote:
    I've read the guides here
    Not the right ones. Remember, only attack randoms, only one nerd per building, and if you want you can exploit the no-login glitch.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Some signs that houses are (probably) not being defended:

Smoldering ruins (one of the BEST indicators in my opinion...)

"Hail Ants" signs

X-mas lights

I play about once a day, and when sending out my nerds, I always put only one per house/5 per town/random only. As stated above, this maximizes your 'potential' wins. I tend to skip towns whose defenses are above 20 hours.

Thats about it. I am nowhere near where some folks on here are, but I am fast aproaching the final prize (except in my main town, which has benefitted from extra nerd distributions, and am aproaching 50000 gold).
  • Ralph0757
    27 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks guys, noob question how do I bring up random non friend towns? Also how I know their defense rating is low?
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited September 2014
    Ralph0757 wrote:
    Thanks guys, noob question how do I bring up random non friend towns? Also how I know their defense rating is low?

Button, top right.
  • Ralph0757
    27 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Appreciate it guys, before I was sending nerds to friends towns, mostly 70%-max nerds on buildings like 3 buildings, then waited for more nerds, the only non friend towns i attacked was in revenge because i was mad at them lol. I will try this new way of playing
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Ralph0757 wrote:

You will know their defense rating is low if you click a house and it says 13H or less to destroy. Some people have upgraded their town so high that it could 24H to destroy a house.

At night before I go to bed, I send out my nerds to low defense towns and attack for 8H so when I wake in th emoring, I get the FULL reward for attacking.
  • BlankVerse99
    51 posts
    edited September 2014
    You were doing all the wrong things. I did the same thing until I started testing to see what was the best strategy.

Follow Joecali's advice. I've got over 100,000 gold doing the same thing.

The only thing I'd add would be to skip towns where the castles and houses that are over 20 hrs.
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited September 2014
    If you want to clear the event quickly you have to do the glitch. You go to random towns and send one nerd per building. Then exit the app and turn it off completely and don't go back on until the time runs out. I usually only attack towns that have the time up to 15 hours before I go to bed and then go back on after school the next day. If you don't log on it is a guaranteed win even if they defend the building you are attacking. Using this method I have gotten 4,000 gold in the last 3 days and now I will definitely be clearing the event. If you start doing this glitch now and stick with it daily you should be able to clear the event in about three weeks. Good luck :thumbup:
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Here's how you use the glitch:

1. Save up nerds until you hit your max limit, and then don't collect the ones your castles made so you can go back and get them after you sent out the ones you have right after using the ones you already used.

2. Attack only random neighbors, since they have higher payouts.

3. Attack those random neighbors before bed and don't sign back into the game until the max amount of hours the longest attack will take. For example if the longest attack takes 15 hours, don't sign into the game for 15 hours.

4. Once those hours are up go back to your game and you should get at least 3-4k gold and that's if you don't have that many nerds.

Also try to attack people who have 16 hour attack times or under, and only use one nerd per attack to get max amount attacks.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    97647-wargames-meme-the-only-winning-VwjP.jpeg
  • tommy1724
    1969 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    Here's how you use the glitch:

1. Save up nerds until you hit your max limit, and then don't collect the ones your castles made so you can go back and get them after you sent out the ones you have right after using the ones you already used.

2. Attack only random neighbors, since they have higher payouts.

3. Attack those random neighbors before bed and don't sign back into the game until the max amount of hours the longest attack will take. For example if the longest attack takes 15 hours, don't sign into the game for 15 hours.

4. Once those hours are up go back to your game and you should get at least 3-4k gold and that's if you don't have that many nerds.

Also try to attack people who have 16 hour attack times or under, and only use one nerd per attack to get max amount attacks.

One thing to add to step 3 - I believe you need to do this without going back to your own Springfield - i.e. Start town jumping, going directly from stranger to stranger using that top right corner button, and when you run out of nerds close the app from within that stranger town. And then you play the waiting game... (Which, of course, sucks. Let's play Hungry, Hungry Hippos!)
  • Ralph0757
    27 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the replies everyone, so if I use the glitch, I cant play my town at all? Glitch wise its best before bed time then, but sucks i cant collect and tap my town for those long hours. If I did not glitch, can you still make good gold from doing this new way of playing, one nerd per building, and random towns? Also how do you guys get your avatars to work? Thanks!
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Can't add anything else but would like to say hi to a fellow south Floridian! I live very close to lantana!
  • Ralph0757
    27 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    rolybert7 wrote:
    Can't add anything else but would like to say hi to a fellow south Floridian! I live very close to lantana!

Nice small world LOL. I live out east by the beach!
  • jboudreaud282
    75 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I could never stay away from my town for 12h (8h max when I sleep), so I'm not using the glitch... not on purpose anyway, because from what I've seen it's almost impossible to say that I haven't used it at all.

What I've been doing is sending out nerds. As many as I can, as often as I can, one nerd per town, usually on a house; I don't even look at how long it takes for the house to be destroyed. I don't attack castles unless I have cheater-20 dice or I'm in a hurry, because I think people will clear their castles even if they don't defend the houses. Doing this, I currently have a little over 180 000 gold. I woke up to over 10 000 elixir and 3500 gold this morning.

If you don't want to stay away from your game for 12h periods, this can be an option; it has worked quite nicely for me. However, it is very time consuming (half an hour or so of tapping every couple hours) so it's not for everyone.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.