EA Forums - Banner

What to do with the excess Elixir?

Prev1
i would say buy lots of walls and banners as those will most likely have the best chance of being used later

because you have to buy something

cant let all that elixir go to waste
I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
tstoforum

Replies

• MISTER ZOMBEE
    4695 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I've been upgrading the other two castles to get extra walls for them.

On a side note, can any of my neighbors tell me what my current defense time is? I'm curious. Has to be high. I'm getting a lot less attacks.
  • keithzilla208
    287 posts
    edited September 2014
    Two of my castles I left at level 10, the other only upgraded so I could expand Boxingham. I may get more castle walls, a few tents and other things but I don't really feel much like upgrading more.
  • MrClutch-1111
    346 posts
    edited September 2014

On a side note, can any of my neighbors tell me what my current defense time is? I'm curious. Has to be high. I'm getting a lot less attacks.

Your castles show 24 hours and your houses are 22 hours.
  • yukongirl123
    15179 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm thinking of buying enough walls to enclose the entire town of Springfield..
  • Tara1qt
    406 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I've been wondering the same - I have over 70k in elixir and just cant see myself needing more of anything else.. I already have multiples of everything you can buy with elixir so now ive just been collecting it.. Maybe ill break down and upgrade the other castles to get more walls its just that I think after this event i'll probably put the 2 other castles in storage and maybe keep Homers castle and do a renaissance area or build up the mini golf course.. Not sure yet.
  • tgyberg70
    250 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm thinking of buying enough walls to enclose the entire town of Springfield..[/quot

Post a pic when done!
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited September 2014

I've been doing this the last several days.... Looking good!
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited September 2014
    I keep upgrading the Simpsons. No idea why but having gold means I must spend it.

Elixir, OTOH, not so much. I was upgrading RC to get the walls. Next I guess I'll start on BC for those walls

• cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    i got to the 38k pretty quickly and then my elixir started really drying up...i cant believe everyone is still getting so much.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    D'ome! ;)
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Drink it. :wink:
  • jedgeco
    247 posts
    edited September 2014
    I've been off the board for a few weeks.... Is there a point of diminishing returns on upgrading the castles?

You spend elixir to upgrade the castle get more nerds... who then go out and get more elixir. At what point does it make sense just to spend your elixir on walls and towers? Sending off all these nerds is getting exhausting.
  • Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    jedgeco wrote:
    I've been off the board for a few weeks.... Is there a point of diminishing returns on upgrading the castles?

You spend elixir to upgrade the castle get more nerds... who then go out and get more elixir. At what point does it make sense just to spend your elixir on walls and towers? Sending off all these nerds is getting exhausting.

When the castles reach level19 you get 30 nerds from each and the maximum nerd you can have in your town is 130

Then level 20 gives you a point up in safety from attack and, after, a castle wall every time the castle is upgraded; or it alternates.

I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • 4junk3000
    5301 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I've just confirmed you can use castle walls for xp mining, but at 2xp a piece it's tedious work.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Surfcitygal
    1213 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I like the look of the cardboard walls so I'm doing the 10500 elixir for them. It will take a while since I'm not so focused on getting it with all the side quests going on. I had some thoughts of a medieval army outside the walls besieging the main castle, but will probably give up on that.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I leveled up boxingham for free walls. It's still a rather small castle courtyard, but at least it has a wall all the way around. I might keep leveling it, or if we get some new decorations and/or I can't really expand it sufficiently with what I have, I won't level it more. I've kind stopped doing much to earn the purple stuff; I'm all focused on level 45.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    im perplexed at what the purpose is to continue to send out nerds

there are only 3 towers for the cardboard castle and recycle castle...so even with 100 walls for each they will never be complete without the 4th tower...so what is the point in playing the event to continue to upgrade and get more walls?????? :?
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4695 posts Member
    edited September 2014

Your castles show 24 hours and your houses are 22 hours.

Thanks Mr Clutch. That would explain the decreased volume of attackers.
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited September 2014
    I was expecting more **** stuff when that update hit yesterday. I figure they're gonna do one more update before it's over, which would explain Princess Kashmir being in the files. If I had 60000 elixir (ii not even close with help from the glitch) id be buying Lisa's castle walls so I can make a Road Warrior type apocalyptic fortress for the day Halloween does mutants.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    im perplexed at what the purpose is to continue to send out nerds

there are only 3 towers for the cardboard castle and recycle castle...so even with 100 walls for each they will never be complete without the 4th tower...so what is the point in playing the event to continue to upgrade and get more walls?????? :?
    There are a lot of ways to put the castles together, whether you have four towers or not. But with boxingham, I definitely needed a few extra walls because nothing else really goes with it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!