EA Forums - Banner

Players who visit daily - what are you doing now?

Prev1
For what it's worth please don't worry about visiting me. I've got all the FP prizes and 108,000 gold. You've always been a great neighbor and this event has become very tedious, so take a break and relax.

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    As you've probably noticed, I haven't been visiting daily. In first weeks of the event, it took twice as long to clear my town, then I visited neighbors until my nerds ran out, then I had to wait for more, then I could visit more people, and then I'd visit a bunch of randoms until I was out of nerds... Kinda burned me out. But, I did get all the prizes quite quickly.
    So then, I started only attacking those neighbors who hadn't reached the final prize yet. This allowed me to visit more people in one go, but it took longer because I had to keep loading the friend screen to check totals. This and additional random attacks continued to burn me out, while a few real-life things also depleted the time I had to tap.
    I've pretty much stopped raiding at all now, hoping to get a good schedule back. I'm letting everything burn, even the castles. Repairing takes time, but not as much as clearing everything. I still rarely manage to get all 100 neighbors in a day, but I try to get at least half.
  • mikepellerin60
    492 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I visit all my friends every day, whether there is an event going on or not. Right now I've got all the FP prizes, so visiting nets me approx 33.8K a day. Given that I'm saving for some of the big price items, I need all the $s I can get.
    Moe: "Moe's tavern, home of the worlds smallest large screen TV."
  • yukongirl123
    15173 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm still visiting neighbours every day. What I'm not doing regularly is sending nerds out to invade. Already have all the prizes and don't really see the need to keep gaining either gold or elixir...

Not tapping the shields either...
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Getting ~$40k and 1-2 donuts a day from visiting friends means I'm still visiting everyone every day. I have the time to do it but this event has been such a drag, tedious and takes far too much time to play.

Quite a few friends have gone inactive and a lot aren't logging in daily to clear handshakes so there's nothing to tap. As for attacks, I save nerds for those friends who are still under 38k gold so it's getting a little quicker to run through now. Can't wait for it to end.

• bobbysharp10
    46 posts
    edited September 2014
    I just go back to once a day and 24 hour tasks outside quests. I still have fun just tapping, so I don't mind one or two nerd Checks but it hasn't been more then that since I got 100k gold.
  • graywolfii
    550 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    The Daily Actions and Daily Attacks timers reset independently of one another, so I zip through once tapping for FP/$$/XP (it takes just a little longer than it normally would, without all the houses) and then a second time after I've saved up max nerds.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I do my visits once per day. Straight through. I quit attacking most of my neighbors. I have a few neighbors who are interested in trading attacks, so I save enough nerds to attack them. Most of the neighbors who haven't completed the event aren't playing it regularly. My attacking them wouldn't carry them through it. Trying to attack all of them took too much extra time. This method allows me to continue my daily routine without much deviation.
  • Corrcorrcorr
    1139 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    In that way I have been a horrible neighbour. Barely attacked my neighbours but always visit them.
  • MrClutch-1111
    346 posts
    edited September 2014
    I visit my friends everyday, even if there is no event or friend point prize to work towards. When this event started, I had to send 2 or 3 nerds per friend to make sure I got to everyone. Now, I am just sending 5 nerds to people who have not finished yet.
  • tralfabits
    345 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm still visiting all my neighbors every day. But yeah, the **** event really messed up my routine. It takes me almost an hour to send my nerds out for a double wave of attacks.

And I could never figure out if my neighbors wanted to be attacked or not, so most of my nerds are sent off to random towns.
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Visiting everyday unless I need to skip a day to reset visit times. Still attacking all my neighbors who are <38k. That takes two rounds of nerds so I have to visit in two parts. Normally don't visit daily outside of events.
  • Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    My neighbors shouldn't worry about attacking me. Save your strength for Halloween!

If I see a neighbor isn't defending, I don't attack. Otherwise, I attack as a courtesy. Since I keep a short list of neighbors and many of them aren't defending, I get through my visits quickly. My hat's off to those of you who still keep 100 neighbors: I admire your stamina!

• vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Is there still the chance of donuts after claiming all the FP prizes? I've gone through 3 days without a donut
  • Ftball2theGroin
    594 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I got two donuts yesterday after finally getting Mr. Bubbles. So, yes, the potential for friend donuts is still there.

I've been trying to just visit friends, not bothering with attacking since 1) it takes too long 2) almost everyone is already finished 3) if someone hasn't finished by now, after a month of the event, my five measly attacks aren't going to help that much. Sometimes I attack if I'm bored going through my friend list but really this event has made attacking friends a complete waste of time for both attacker and attackee.
  • patzmcm
    703 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I am visiting neighbors daily, as usual (with the occasional reset) (don't haves full 100 so it's easier), only sending nerds to those neighbors under 38,000. Even some of them don't seem to want them - their towns are always burned to the ground. I use up extra nerds with randoms, sending a lot to bring down the attack times to however long I know I will not be checking in (usually about 4 hours unless it's overnight).
    I did get rid of my brown house farm. And waiting patiently until Halloween event (it will be my first).
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Yes, I visit them, because free donuts

I give nerds if I have them, if I don't just the standard tap tap tap :P
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    To gain FP, I was still visiting everyday but not deploying nerds to most neighbors. Now that I have Mr Teeny, I will still run through my neighbors list maybe 5 times a week, takes about 25 minutes.... But as for nerds, I will do my best to give to neighbors below 20K but I just don't care about nerds anymore. Im at 60K+ gold 100K+ elixir, I dont care about the **** event anymore (if I ever did)

Edit: Also, I would figure visiting neighbors and tapping their buildings to give them FP is better than nerds, since most of my neighbors are over 30K gold.
  • brittannie54
    175 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    It takes so much longer to visit them. I try to go through as quickly as possible and send 5 nerds to lower level towns as I assume they still don't have 38k gold. I visit all neighbors because I need the cash. The rest of my nerds I send to random towns because many of them are lower levels. Sending out nerds has become a compulsion. I just can't stop.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited September 2014
    I was only visiting daily for the final FP prize, so now it's a well deserved break. I don't need gold/elixir nor FP, so I'm starting to let Krustyland claim my shields. This morning may be one of the last times I send out nerds. Getting too time consuming and not sure if it's worth to hit more than 76k (double) in gold.
  • scatteredroot
    47 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I visit all my friends every day, whether there is an event going on or not. Right now I've got all the FP prizes, so visiting nets me approx 33.8K a day. Given that I'm saving for some of the big price items, I need all the $s I can get.

Same here. The Ziff related items are going to be pricey and I just spent the remainder of my money on the ZiffCorp sign. I can always use the extra cash.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.