EA Forums - Banner

help plz gift advise for new mum

Earplugs, eyepatches and sleeping pills. :wink:

Replies

  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Congrats to you and your wife simbass! :D

    Well I'm not a mum so my suggestions might suck but maybe something like a voucher to get a nice massage or facial, nails done etc.. Something nice she can do for herself because I know soon to be mums and new mums don't always have a lot of time to pamper themselves.
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited September 2014
    bee88161 wrote:
    Congrats to you and your wife simbass! :D

    Well I'm not a mum so my suggestions might suck but maybe something like a voucher to get a nice massage or facial, nails done etc.. Something nice she can do for herself because I know soon to be mums and new mums don't always have a lot of time to pamper themselves.

    I don't know did you see my other post- it not
    Congrats for being promoted- you will he a great mod!
    She get those quite often- and they stick in the clcupboard
    (Just checked there's still £80 to redeem)
    She would use spa/massage more then nails/facial....
    I need something else
    @brevis she's got old one
    I always get her gadgets (Xmas birthday etc) but she's not bothered
    Thanks tho
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    simbass7 wrote:
    bee88161 wrote:
    Congrats to you and your wife simbass! :D

    Well I'm not a mum so my suggestions might suck but maybe something like a voucher to get a nice massage or facial, nails done etc.. Something nice she can do for herself because I know soon to be mums and new mums don't always have a lot of time to pamper themselves.

    I don't know did you see my other post- it not
    Congrats for being promoted- you will he a great mod!
    She get those quite often- and they stick in the clcupboard
    (Just checked there's still £80 to redeem)
    She would use spa/massage more then nails/facial....
    I need something else
    Thanks tho

    Thanks simbass that's very sweet :-)

    Hmm I'll put my thinking cap on :lol:
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited September 2014
    Hello mate :) 1st of all congrats on the your baby :D Is this your 1st?

    As for a present that can be a tricky one as all women are different :P You could always get her a live in baby sitter/nanny :lol: This could also work out well for you ;) hehe

    Seriously tho, a simple thing like flowers would probably go down well and of course being there for her every beckon call :P What type of things does she like?
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Oo maybe treat her to a really nice night out- fancy dinner and a show or something? Along with flowers like neo said :-)

  • nicholasd30
    6646 posts
    edited September 2014
    Maybe a romantic mini break to somewhere nice am sure she'll like that
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited September 2014
    bee88161 wrote:
    Oo maybe treat her to a really nice night out- fancy dinner and a show or something? Along with flowers like neo said :-)

    You cant go wrong with Flowers for a woman/lady ;) I made the mistake years ago of getting flowers for my mrs when i was in trouble and now she just thinks "what have you done now" when i give her flowers :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • henpot7514
    6010 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    simbass7 wrote:
    So we will have a baby soon (mid December) and I wanted to get something special for my wife but not sure what.
    Money is not an issue, I can spend up to £1000 but don't know what to get-out holidays? -is it something new mums wants? (I wouldn't be able to go with her- to busy)
    New ipad ? She's not a massive gadgets fan
    Be nice to her for a change? (Just kidding)
    What you guys and gals consider as a special gift or what would you want to get?
    Thanks

    Here are a few ideas:
    Booze (9months without :shock: )
    A personalised gift like this -
    b1NYkbLl.jpg
    A spa weekend (Bee's totally right, what a mother would want after childbirth and the stress of it all :D )
    This might sound cheesy but how about making a personalised voucher book? You could have things like "this voucher entitles you to a bath" and you would run her bath (with candles etc.), "this voucher entitles you to a free meal" and you would cook her dinner and so on.

    That's just off the top if my head.
    Congratulations also!
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited September 2014
    Thanks all
    (Sorry for a delay with answering- had a breakfast)
    Flowers yes, but that's given. I been thinking about something more special
    @Neo. Hello mate, yes that will be the first one (we decided not to find out but I hope it will be a boy. If it is it will be Max if it will back a girl Alice/Alexandra (Alex or Ola)/Jennifer.
    We will have an live-in aupair somewhere by September next year, just before Rebecca will back to work.
    Seriously tho, a simple thing like flowers would probably go down well and of course being there for her every beckon call What type of things does she like?
    For being there??? I done my bit now its her turn ;)
    How is she? She's 31. Not fussy about" shiny" things (which make it more difficult to get something. If she wants something shouldll get it for her self.
    Been thinking about tickets for jon Bishop bit it would be just one time thing
    And I want to pull something big.
    @Nicholas were actually are going for a 3days this weekend- before baby's due. After that there will be no time signalling that nappy-changing routine
    @henpot me like-y personal gift idea (on the side tho- she deserved it)
    Booze :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    henpot7514 wrote:
    b1NYkbLl.jpg

    P's. I know what she would like but its a bit tomuch for me now:
    2736
    Jax001100 wrote:
    If you don't have this already a weekly cleaner and/or laundry service makes life so much easier for the first couple of months. Especially if she is b.reast feeding. It can be really exhausting and having the extra help makes a big difference. Congrats on your pending arrival! I have 2 and they make life truly amazing.
    Brilliant idea !
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Jax001100
    1004 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    If you don't have this already a weekly cleaner and/or laundry service makes life so much easier for the first couple of months. Especially if she is b.reast feeding. It can be really exhausting and having the extra help makes a big difference. Congrats on your pending arrival! I have 2 and they make life truly amazing.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Jax001100 wrote:
    If you don't have this already a weekly cleaner and/or laundry service makes life so much easier for the first couple of months. Especially if she is b.reast feeding. It can be really exhausting and having the extra help makes a big difference. Congrats on your pending arrival! I have 2 and they make life truly amazing.

    THIS!!! Best. Gift. I. Have. Ever. Gotten. Perpetually clean house with no effort. !
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited September 2014
    simbass7 wrote:
    Thanks all
    (Sorry for a delay with answering- had a breakfast)
    Flowers yes, but that's given. I been thinking about something more special
    @Neo. Hello mate, yes that will be the first one (we decided not to find out but I hope it will be a boy. If it is it will be Max if it will back a girl Alice/Alexandra (Alex or Ola)/Jennifer.
    We will have an live-in aupair somewhere by September next year, just before Rebecca will back to work.

    Hello buddy :thumbup:

    Flowers is a must, think the woman expect it :lol:

    What you could do is once your baby is born you could get a really nice picture made of just the both of them with some nice words to it, so it something special for her to keep :) There plenty of places online that make designs for you etc not that dear either, as I am constantly told it doesnt matter how much it costs its the thought that counts ;)

    A live in Aupair....blimey check you out :P
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Jax001100 wrote:
    If you don't have this already a weekly cleaner and/or laundry service makes life so much easier for the first couple of months. Especially if she is b.reast feeding. It can be really exhausting and having the extra help makes a big difference. Congrats on your pending arrival! I have 2 and they make life truly amazing.

    THIS!!! Best. Gift. I. Have. Ever. Gotten. Perpetually clean house with no effort. !

    I'd never get a cleaner, paying someone to have all my fun?? No thank you :lol:
  • Skyrim-mrp
    2457 posts
    edited September 2014
    If your looking to buy your wife a gift by her a pandora Bracelets! The magic to theses bracelets is that you're covered them for future birthday christmas and anniversaries. You can buy her a couple charms ever so often, there are thousands of charms colours and combination you can make and you can also buy a chain to use have it as a necklace.


    Just type in "Pandora Bracelet"


    and Congratulation My friend :thumbup:
  • brandonl1226
    5831 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    bee88161 wrote:
    Jax001100 wrote:
    If you don't have this already a weekly cleaner and/or laundry service makes life so much easier for the first couple of months. Especially if she is b.reast feeding. It can be really exhausting and having the extra help makes a big difference. Congrats on your pending arrival! I have 2 and they make life truly amazing.

    THIS!!! Best. Gift. I. Have. Ever. Gotten. Perpetually clean house with no effort. !

    I'd never get a cleaner, paying someone to have all my fun?? No thank you :lol:

    You love to clean?!?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.