EA Forums - Banner

The end is nigh!

Prev1
It does always feel like other Springfields are bigger than your own.

Replies

• hondab16tune
    223 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    If you have been playing for "only a few months" there simply is NO WAY you have close to all the land. The recently released land has a price of $1,500,000, $900,000, $600,000, $400,000, $300,000, $200,000, $200,000, $200,000, $300000, $400,000, $500,000, $600,000, $700,000, $800,000, $1,000,000, $1,500,000 going from left to right. That right there is 10.1 MILLION dollars.

TEN point ONE MILLION DOLLARS just for the bottom strip.

If you did start only a few months ago, and you are at max level (45) and have built every building that is required it would be IMPOSSIBLE for you to have bought the land, without hacking.
  • hondab16tune
    223 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Also the beach side is the LEFT side of the map. Mountains are top for reference.
  • SUM1HATED
    242 posts
    edited September 2014
    I've been playing for only a couple months. I've been quite addicted to the game, have completed all the levels, bought the standard purchasable items (though no Aspiration buildings, yet), and have most of the premium buildings available to me.

Last night I attempted to buy another plot of land near the "top" (by the mountains) and I see there are no more lots beyond what I've already got!

Oh!

Along the beach, near what I think of as the "bottom" of the map, I think there's only one or two more plots, because they jump up in price from ~$70k to ~$660k,. I've still got a couple dozen plots to the "upper right", but, it seems I've filled already about 3/4 of the total available map.

I've visited many Springfields belonging to Friends and strangers (thanks to CotC) and theirs always seem so much bigger than mine. I thought I still had a long way to go, but now that I can "see" the borders, and I know the end is nigh!

And this has really bummed me out, this morning.

:-(

Reason other springfields probably feel bigger is because when you land in another springfield you land zoomed in, where in your own springfield you're probably are always zoomed out.
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    It's nowhere near 31 million dollars for the bottom strip :lol:
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited September 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    It's nowhere near 31 million dollars for the bottom strip :lol:

Lol, had to laugh when I saw those numbers. I had a wad of cash and bought the new strip of land as soon as it came out but I defo didn't have 31 million in change....
  • hondab16tune
    223 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Those are the prices when at MAX LEVEL, which OP stated he was
  • HappyGamer73
    2408 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    If you have been playing for "only a few months" there simply is NO WAY you have close to all the land. The recently released land has a price of $1,500,000, $900,000, $600,000, $400,000, $300,000, $200,000, $200,000, $200,000, $300000, $400,000, $500,000, $600,000, $700,000, $800,000, $1,000,000, $1,500,000 going from left to right. That right there is 31 MILLION dollars.

YES THIRTY ONE MILLION DOLLARS just for the bottom strip.

Assuming all those values are correct (no reason to doubt you right now - I just haven't gotten there yet), that totals only 10.1 million.

Edit: I agree that it seems improbable to have done all that in a couple of months, but given that the OP has obviously dropped a ton of real cash on donuts to get all the premiums, it is possible.
  • barryriddl474
    4838 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    If you have been playing for "only a few months" there simply is NO WAY you have close to all the land. The recently released land has a price of $1,500,000, $900,000, $600,000, $400,000, $300,000, $200,000, $200,000, $200,000, $300000, $400,000, $500,000, $600,000, $700,000, $800,000, $1,000,000, $1,500,000 going from left to right. That right there is 31 MILLION dollars.

YES THIRTY ONE MILLION DOLLARS just for the bottom strip.

If you did start only a few months ago, and you are at max level (45) and have built every building that is required it would be IMPOSSIBLE for you to have bought the land, without hacking.

It's just under 10 million for the bottom strip.
  • hondab16tune
    223 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    EDITED MY POST :oops:

I was using my iPhone to add, and I must have hit one too many numbers (or a few) LOL
  • barryriddl474
    4838 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    EDITED MY POST :oops:

I was using my iPhone to add, and I must have hit one too many numbers (or a few) LOL

Been there, done that :mrgreen:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Any discussion of hacking or accusations of hacking are not allowed, and will be removed.
    Any form of callouts, insults, trolling, or incitement is not allowed and will be actioned.
  • OrdinarilyBob
    305 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Also the beach side is the LEFT side of the map. Mountains are top for reference.

Ok, so this will help me explain, thanks Hondab16tune for the reference points.

I didn't mean to say I've purchased ALL the land, only that I've seen the borders, or at least what I *THINK* are the borders.

If you picture my city as sort of L-shaped going along the mountains and beach: I've purchased all the land I can a couple of strips wide running parallel to the mountains. From the left (beach) to the right (all green), I can't buy another lot to the right of my top-right most plot of land. There are plots (likely many) to the bottom of that leading away from the mountains, that I can purchase.

Along the beach, I've got to a point where the next available plot jumps in price from about $70,000 to $600,000, which I *thought* (possibly incorrectly) meant I was close to the end. I dunno, maybe there's two or three strips beyond that?

When I drag out into the "fog of war" area of the map, I do see about 1/4-2/3 is still out there filled with debris to clear up, that I haven't purchased yet.

I have spent money on the game, I like to support things I like, so I am premium. I don't care to say how much, but I'll admit the word "Boatload" was involved. I spent several weeks when I first started just earning in-game cash and buying land. It seemed a wise thing to do. I didn't get it all, but I got more than I needed at the time. I play a lot (checking in on my cell or iPad several times, daily) and carefully manage my characters' productivity vs. quest lines. I have found lots of friends and visit them daily for FP (when available), $$, and XP. For the last few weeks, my town has reached a point where I'm generating upwards of $400k per day. I don't hack (believe what you'd like, but honestly, I wouldn't even know here to begin), but I do visit forums, wikis, fan sites, etc learning play strategies, ideas, suggestions, etc.

Anywho, the point of the thread was just it struck me how bummed I felt thinking of the "end" of the game. LOL I'm sure I have a lot to go and experience (I'm looking forward to my first Halloween and Christmas events).

P.S. Anyone who cares to stop on by, send me a friend request, info's in my signature.
  • hondab16tune
    223 posts Member
    edited September 2014

I didn't mean to say I've purchased ALL the land, only that I've seen the borders, or at least what I *THINK* are the borders.

If you picture my city as sort of L-shaped going along the mountains and beach: I've purchased all the land I can a couple of strips wide running parallel to the mountains. From the left (beach) to the right (all green), I can't buy another lot to the right of my top-right most plot of land. There are plots (likely many) to the bottom of that leading away from the mountains, that I can purchase.

Along the beach, I've got to a point where the next available plot jumps in price from about $70,000 to $600,000, which I *thought* (possibly incorrectly) meant I was close to the end. I dunno, maybe there's two or three strips beyond that?

When I drag out into the "fog of war" area of the map, I do see about 1/4-2/3 is still out there filled with debris to clear up, that I haven't purchased yet.

I have spent money on the game, I like to support things I like, so I am premium. I don't care to say how much, but I'll admit the word "Boatload" was involved. I spent several weeks when I first started just earning in-game cash and buying land. It seemed a wise thing to do. I didn't get it all, but I got more than I needed at the time. I play a lot (checking in on my cell or iPad several times, daily) and carefully manage my characters' productivity vs. quest lines. I have found lots of friends and visit them daily for FP (when available), $$, and XP. For the last few weeks, my town has reached a point where I'm generating upwards of $400k per day. I don't hack (believe what you'd like, but honestly, I wouldn't even know here to begin), but I do visit forums, wikis, fan sites, etc learning play strategies, ideas, suggestions, etc.

Anywho, the point of the thread was just it struck me how bummed I felt thinking of the "end" of the game. LOL I'm sure I have a lot to go and experience (I'm looking forward to my first Halloween and Christmas events).

P.S. Anyone who cares to stop on by, send me a friend request, info's in my signature.

The land doesn't "end" until you reach the darker green areas with ZERO debris. Also the land only becomes available for purchase if an adjoining piece is purchased. From where you are at by your description, I think you have 2 more strips to go southward (think southwest if looking at the screen) and several to go eastward. I think you will be fine, as long as you don't "over decorate" every thing in your town.

I am a premium player as well and have gotten EVERYTHING that has been available to us from day 1 (minus a 4-5 small limited time items due to me having got bored and not really checking on the game as much during a brief period) and a few Valentines ones that I didn't get because my town was gotten into by someone else when that was an issue and my luck it was during last Valentines event. I have got everything neatly organized, and still have TONS of room after a minor redecoration.
  • ZennGlenn
    1767 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I also am premium w/ about 80% of all items & about 70% of land w/ plenty space to use as well... it's just a matter of how concisely you townscape 8)
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    jukan00 wrote:
    It does always feel like other Springfields are bigger than your own.

I have the same feeling when i see plots of land very big and still have all premium buildings and enough empty land...
    I have to squish to fit and always have the feeling not having enough land for futher updates...

My plan now is on my minigolf plot i have i piece land for Christmas because it will fit with that, and a piece of land upstairs for Halloween.

Hopefully i can make it fit, Krustymansion was tricky because no room for big landmansion and also my housearea is full so lots of changesto get it there but i think the cabin fits with krustykamp and crazycat womans house fits in the woods with the purple mountain :wink:
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited September 2014

This is a grid overlay from Bravewall's following the Springfield Guide thread thought it might help you see whereabouts you're at
    VYS68wx.png
    I believe there was a strip or two added since this was posted
  • OrdinarilyBob
    305 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the reassurances that there's plenty of available space. Makes me feel better. :)
  • jedgeco
    247 posts
    edited September 2014
    I've visited many Springfields belonging to Friends and strangers (thanks to CotC) and theirs always seem so much bigger than mine.

Don't worry about size so much -- it's the girth that makes it really impressive.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm happy to meet a fellow premium players. I'm a Completionist, and I have spent nearly $800 on TSTO so far (yes, I just bought another boatload last week). I will add u in my game, hope my Springfield with 100% of everything can inspire u. 8)
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.