EA Forums - Banner

Any donut sales coming?

It would be nice to have some advance notice from EA on when sales are coming, but honestly, you'd probably have a better chance of getting the recipe for Coca Cola. If EA released that info, people would hold off for the sale, thus costing EA sales dollars at retail prices.

Replies

• drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited September 2014
    No one except EA ever knows in advance. The only updates we know about ahead of time are events which are teased the day before and "big" updates mentioned a few weeks in advance
  • adam_d_t
    28 posts
    edited September 2014
    Yea makes sense only ea would know that's expected how bout past sales anyone notice any patterns of when they come or how far apart they usually put them
  • barryriddl474
    4855 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Regarding patterns, you could more easily pinpoint and predict Armageddon before you could predict a Gil sale. Same as a watched pot never something something makes Homer crazy....
  • amcevil
    350 posts
    edited September 2014
    adam_d_t wrote:
    Yea makes sense only ea would know that's expected how bout past sales anyone notice any patterns of when they come or how far apart they usually put them

The wiki has a list of Gil's offers, I believe it's accurate. Just look up Gil on the wiki.
  • suetopia
    4232 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Regarding patterns, you could more easily pinpoint and predict Armageddon before you could predict a Gil sale. Same as a watched pot never something something makes Homer crazy....

I think it goes "a watched pot, no TV and no beer make Homer something something..."
  • woodysimpson
    56 posts
    edited September 2014
    I'm afraid I am in control of the donut discount. It will happen the day after I buy a shipload of donuts at full price.
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited September 2014
    I don't think we'll see a donut sale until around Christmas.
  • Jetsonsclo700
    62 posts
    edited September 2014
    Im still waiting for ea to square up my last purchase. Spent $50 and havent seen donut 1.
    Have contacted ea with purchase reciept twice last week and have not heard word one.
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited September 2014
    Im still waiting for ea to square up my last purchase. Spent $50 and havent seen donut 1.
    Have contacted ea with purchase reciept twice last week and have not heard word one.

The first time I ever tried to buy donuts I didn't receive them either. Instead of messing with EA, I contacted Amazon (play on a Kindle Fire) and was quickly refunded my money. Since then, I buy Amazon coins and then use those to buy the donuts. No issues at all. If I were you, I'd contact the App store you used. You'll get a faster response and receive your money back faster too.
  • Jetsonsclo700
    62 posts
    edited September 2014
    That sounds like a good idea,thanks
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    It would be nice to have some advance notice from EA on when sales are coming, but honestly, you'd probably have a better chance of getting the recipe for Coca Cola. If EA released that info, people would hold off for the sale, thus costing EA sales dollars at retail prices.

Haha! :mrgreen:
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I heard on another TSTO website that there may be a donut sale after today's episode! STOCK UP!!!!!
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:
    I heard on another TSTO website that there may be a donut sale after today's episode! STOCK UP!!!!!
    we 've no idea what the "Matt Groening Tie In Release Date" means yet. we'll see. exciting stuff tomorrow probably.
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • barryriddl474
    4855 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm afraid I am in control of the donut discount. It will happen the day after I buy a shipload of donuts at full price.

:lol:
  • tralfabits
    345 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    When you least expect it, expect it!
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    T minus 12 hrs
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited September 2014
    That sounds like a good idea,thanks

You're very welcome. Good luck.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    It would be nice to have some advance notice from EA on when sales are coming, but honestly, you'd probably have a better chance of getting the recipe for Coca Cola.
    I actually have the recipe for Coca Cola. Seriously. :)
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    They've been pretty regular about doing 2 donut sales per year. One during the summer and one after Christmas.

This year's summer sale was at the beginning of August. It was a decent deal for people who are new to buying donuts:

screenshot_2014-08-11-18-35-22-e1407778950142.png

2014-08-04-13-38-54.png
    Sources: TSTO Topix, TSTO Addicts

Because we just had one, I think it is unlikely that we will have another donut sale until around Christmas/New Years.

• kimphuc
    54 posts
    edited September 2014
    I hope they haveone soon , I have 500 donuts saved up
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.