EA Forums - Banner

So, I am super awake..

Your title could not help but catch my eye, as this is my 52nd hour straight without sleep. As a bad insomniac, I skipped the first nights sleep hoping to somewhat regulate my sleep, and then skipped night 2 because I wasn't tired. No caffeine except for a 20 oz Mt. Dew yesterday. High energy levels combined with extreme insomnia makes Barry something something....

Replies

• shafanator108
    359 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Your title could not help but catch my eye, as this is my 52nd hour straight without sleep. As a bad insomniac, I skipped the first nights sleep hoping to somewhat regulate my sleep, and then skipped night 2 because I wasn't tired. No caffeine except for a 20 oz Mt. Dew yesterday. High energy levels combined with extreme insomnia makes Barry something something....

Go crazy?
  • Pickwick_Next33
    51 posts
    edited September 2014

Yikes! I hope you're doing OK there Barry! Now I feel somewhat bad about my use of sarcasm... :oops:
  • barryriddl474
    4831 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    No worries. Thanks for the concern. It's all good. I used to work a job for years where I had to sleep first shift 2 days, sleep 2nd shift 2 days, sleep 3rd shift 2 days and 1 day of no sleep each week. Every week, I would be up 24 hrs in a row 4 times a week to sleep this way every week. Again, thanks, but the title of your thread had me pegged.
    Don't mind me. Just passin' through... :D
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    skipped night 2 because I wasn't tired.
    Oof! I think that tends to make it worse. Skipping nights just accustoms the body to skipping nights.
    I have mild insomnia, my significant other has terrible insomnia, we've both had luck with this stuff:

hero-image1.png

It has melatonin and GABA, both strong calming agents the body makes itself, so they're effective and I haven't found it to be habit-forming, just use it when I really can't sleep. (Also recommended it to my aunt, who has struggled with sleep for sixty years, and she was thrilled with the results.) Good luck, man.
  • barryriddl474
    4831 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Oof! I think that tends to make it worse. Skipping nights just accustoms the body to skipping nights.
    I have mild insomnia, my significant other has terrible insomnia, we've both had luck with this stuff:

hero-image1.png

It has melatonin and GABA, both strong calming agents the body makes itself, so they're effective and I haven't found it to be habit-forming, just use it when I really can't sleep. (Also recommended it to my aunt, who has struggled with sleep for sixty years, and she was thrilled with the results.) Good luck, man.

Thank you for sharing this, neuroheart. I'll have to give it a try. Normally, I can take 4 sleeping pills around 8pm, and will end up staying up all night, or lay in bed all night wide awake. My mind has extreme difficulty shutting down. It's if I have 30 windows open in my head.

Thanks again!
  • ZennGlenn
    1765 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    RRuMT_zps3e74b77d.jpg
    :shock: Well fellow manic tappers, I can only recommend what usually works for me, which is solid fitness regimen, decent nutrition, and for lack of any Simpsons character reference, a bit of solid Quagmire throw downs from time to time... giggity :twisted:
    10150813_10202129917943567_2037470842_n_zps05e8ad39.jpeg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

hero-image1.png

Thank you for sharing this, neuroheart. I'll have to give it a try. Normally, I can take 4 sleeping pills around 8pm, and will end up staying up all night, or lay in bed all night wide awake. My mind has extreme difficulty shutting down. It's if I have 30 windows open in my head.

Thanks again!
    Next time instead of sleeping pills try a couple of Benadryl! That does it for me!

And Neuroheart I could not resist GABA!

GABA GABA hey!!

Just so you know too many sleeping pills will always have the opposite effect! If you read the bottle it warns of sleeplessness!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.