EA Forums - Banner

One more update to spend our elixir on?

I see many people hoarding elixir just in case something comes out at the last moment. Hopefully, for them, it does. However, I don't remember an event where at the last moment EA put out content for any remaining in game event currency.

Replies

• Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Just this morning I was wondering what I was going to do with 300K elixir if another update did not come. So I bought a few walls, and that is when I found out that you have to keep going back to the menu to buy the next one because it is not automatic like purchasing some other things. :)
  • sandwedgeking
    2630 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Just this morning I was wondering what I was going to do with 300K elixir if another update did not come. So I bought a few walls, and that is when I found out that you have to keep going back to the menu to buy the next one because it is not automatic like purchasing some other things. :)
    This is going to make hoarding these limited time items quite annoying. I don't know if it's been brought up (haven't been looking too closely at the forums lately), but people better check... For example, if I buy 10 walls with elixir, then place them in inventory, I'm only credited with one wall and lose the elixr for buying those items. It is happening to me with all the C.o.C. items - windmills, guillotines, towers, etc. I have to buy items one at a time and store right away to actually be added to the inventory.

Is this happening to anyone else and has already been discussed?
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    This is going to make hoarding these limited time items quite annoying. I don't know if it's been brought up (haven't been looking too closely at the forums lately), but people better check... For example, if I buy 10 walls with elixir, then place them in inventory, I'm only credited with one wall and lose the elixr for buying those items. It is happening to me with all the C.o.C. items - windmills, guillotines, towers, etc. I have to buy items one at a time and store right away to actually be added to the inventory.

It was mentioned before, but doesn't hurt to get reminded again. Thanks.

I think I'll line mine up in the town somewhere and hope for a fix to the inventory bug.
  • Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited September 2014

A number of people have mentioned problems, and it seems there are variations. For most people, it appears that you can buy only one item at a time, and if you try to purchase more than one, the game will take items out of storage and place them in your town. In this case, you'd be charged only for the one purchase, but interestingly enough, you get experience points for taking those items out of storage.

However, there have been horror stories and at least one person contacted EA and got the missing items and some donuts. If you've been badly burned, you might want to contact EA. I almost wish I was so I could get some free donuts!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm putting a bunch of walls in a corner because I know there's something weird with inventory. I do have my extra banners in storage, and those seem fine, but I'm trying to keep most stuff out.
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited September 2014

One thing about event decorations is, you never know if they will come back. I still regret not buying more Whacking Day Tents and Wind Socks. So now I buy multiple items of each. I had 200K elixir and bought 100 stone walls, 50 stone towers, and 100 banners. After that I had used up all of my elixir. Will I use all of those, probably not. But, if they allow us to use the ****'s decorations in Krusty Land, then I fear that won't be enough. So I started raiding towns again, just to be on the safe side :)
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited September 2014
    Hopefully they'll release something tomorrow, it'd be a shame if Princess Cashmir lingered in the files.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Hopefully they'll release something tomorrow, it'd be a shame if Princess Cashmir lingered in the files.
    Yeah. Hasn't Jacqueline Bouvier been stuck in limbo for ages? I swear I heard she was in the files, but we haven't got her yet.
  • adam_d_t
    28 posts
    edited September 2014
    Hmm haven't noticed the inventory issue yet but then I haven't tried to buy a ton of one item yet lol. I'm gonna wait till the end before I spend it all just in case something comes up.

But you would think to avoid player outrage of releasing something last second that if there's gonna be anything released its gonna be soon.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited October 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Yeah. Hasn't Jacqueline Bouvier been stuck in limbo for ages? I swear I heard she was in the files, but we haven't got her yet.

Yea her and Hal roach apartments

Edit: wanted to add that I think there will be one that lets us buy gold
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.