EA Forums - Banner

Know when to hold em. Know when to fold em.

2Next

Replies

• drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited October 2014
    Mine is different for each group

Rl friends never get deleted
    Forum Regulars I don't delete unless they've been inactive for a few months and haven't been on the forums
    For non forum members

I look at Levels first and then the activity

Level 44/45 I give a month ub
    Between Level 40-44 2 or 3w
    Under 40 I rarely have those but I usually give them a week to 2 weeks
    If they are usually active I give them a month to see if their level changes
    Otherwise they only get a week
  • axehack69
    19 posts
    edited October 2014
    2 weeks for me. If your addiction isn't strong enough to force you to find a way to log in by then, well, you're just not my neighbor material.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Frankly I don't notice how long someone is gone so long as they have stuff to tap, I've had neighbors gone for three weeks and I only noticed they weren't playing when there was nothing left to tap. Time wise I would give them two days, then replace them with someone who was playing and needed help. I changed that to a week but have been giving more time when there is nothing going on...

Frankly it's up to you- if you are still in need of money and XP then I'd get rid of people who don't play after three or more days but if you are at a level where you are just accumulating money give them more time.
  • johncolombo
    11634 posts Senior Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Just two days ago I was looking through all my friends towns to see how much gold they had accumulated. 2 people were extremely low
    Like 200 and 300. I checked the one friend and she's apparently playing as there's always something to tap and she's logging in. The other friend
    Had run out of things to tap. I checked his last log in and it was 4 weeks ago so I cut him and added my newest nieghbor suetopia. The one I cut wasnt a forum regular. I even kept Ricky devil around for a couple of months but it was obvious he wasn't coming back so he had to go. Have you ever wondered if maybe someone died rather than quit the game? How would we ever know? During my time on the forum I couldn't be happier with the friends I made in game but I do have a few people I'm ready to cut for various reasons. I will always make room for a forum regular until all I have are forum regular and or real life nieghbors. But I don't have a lot of rules about cutting people. Halloween and xmas may make me rethink that.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    fuffazzoni wrote:
    As soon as halloween starts there will be a big search&destroy in my neighbors list.
    +1 :thumbup:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • theslayer369
    2002 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    fuffazzoni wrote:
    As soon as halloween starts there will be a big search&destroy in my neighbors list.
    +1 :thumbup:

:thumbup:
  • Dashel3737
    33 posts
    edited October 2014
    After reading this I have gone through my list and deleted anyone who hasn't played in 12 weeks or more. I totally get that some people aren't playing this update but I think 12 weeks is long enough but I do feel bad!
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited October 2014
    I used to feel bad but not anymore. Neighbors can be easily replaced. I give at most a week before I remove someone. I'm a daily player and would like neighbors that are too. I like having something to always tap on because I need the money and I like the chance of free donuts.
  • 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    There are a few that haven't played since before the stonecutters update, but I'll probably hold on to them. Maybe they will come back after a few weeks.
    Call me a bad neighbor, but I really have lost the will to go through each and every neighbor and tap on their stuff. It takes an incredible amount of time if you add it up. Although it is said that this "helps" your neighbors, it really "helps" the one tapping, and not so much for our neighbors. It seems like it is more important to log in and give a person something to tap instead of focusing on tapping in their town.

On an unrelated topic, I'm craving nachos.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited October 2014
    I almost forgot this thread title reminded me of this commercial
  • ZennGlenn
    1789 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Varies for me a bit too w/ the silly name & avatar faves ( by the way Moxxee's crazy Kirk made my day) :lol:
    ...My freemium town Zxtrm1, functions smoothest w/ no trouble visiting everyone there, while my darn Premium w/name here is a constant game freeze/quit battle visiting friends, so usually can't visit everyone or add/delete since beginning of the year (w/no EA solutions), but am about to finally try an ipad and see if it changes, so aside from death or loss of fingers, the tech issue is another aspect some folks may have :roll:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.