EA Forums - Banner

Halloween incoming!

Prev1345678
My first as well, I'm looking forward to it.

Replies

• larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    My first as well.
    I do know we need to have some clean land.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11660 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    yeah you'll probably see another 1 strip added if they solve the lags, if
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • krysface
    147 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    This will be my second Halloween. One thing to keep in mind is things will start slow but if you play frequently you will earn the event currency/friend stuff quickly. The night before don't put any of your characters on long tasks so that you can start the event as soon as the downloads complete with all your characters free. Halloween is my favorite holiday, I cant wait for the update!
  • wsjm1984
    200 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    So Halloween has been confirmed for the 7th, and being someone who started last Christmas, I thought id start a thread for those of us who haven't been around for a Halloween event.

Is there anything we should know? Things we can do to prepare our springfields? Are there things you wished someone had told you before your first Halloween?

This is the post for all things Halloween: questions, advice, helpful hints and whatnot. At least until someone else has the same idea and doesnt bother to check whether a Halloween thread already exists...

Where was this confirmed?!
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Brevis45 wrote:
    I am looking forward to Halloween update.

It will be my first also. But having seen some of my friends stuff I have had to make a list and fingers crossed they will be up for grabs. I have been reading some of the threads posted last year. Anything has got to be better than **** so this will make up for it at least a little. :D
    You'll definitely get some of the older stuff. I don't see them not taking this chance on adding more premiums. :lol:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • XsizterX
    232 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    3rd Halloween for me.

:cry: "sniff" i feel so old
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I've been playing since the very beginning and i'm still excited about what Halloween update may bring, generally speaking the Halloween updates have always been the better updates :) Normally have great prizes to work towards! Just hope hugo is added this year :D One thing is for certain.....we all going to need to buy donuts again if we want all the cool stuff :lol:
    yeah you'll probably see another 1 strip added if they solve the lags, if

Dont toy with my emotions :P I could really do with another bit of land added, after these castles :roll: Havent even used a great deal of land designing them either ;)

Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • oikledavid783
    76 posts
    edited October 2014
    It's pretty much the same as other events, just more awesome. The one thing you have to do is not put any of your Springfielders on long tasks the night before, especially Homer and Lisa. They most likely start it. The event won't start right away. You most likely will have to build something first and then you'll be able to collect what ever the event currency is. Last year I believe we had to build the Gypsy Fortune Teller shop which gave us Maude and then we could start popping ghosts to collect goo. And also there will be lots of cool premium stuff so if you are a premium player you might need a lot of donuts.

I'm excited for Boobarella to return. I was a Freemium player back then and only spent donuts on the Ray Gun to get Kodos. I regret passing on her. And also Witch Marge and Devil Flanders.
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited October 2014
    wsjm1984 wrote:
    So Halloween has been confirmed for the 7th, and being someone who started last Christmas, I thought id start a thread for those of us who haven't been around for a Halloween event.

Is there anything we should know? Things we can do to prepare our springfields? Are there things you wished someone had told you before your first Halloween?

This is the post for all things Halloween: questions, advice, helpful hints and whatnot. At least until someone else has the same idea and doesnt bother to check whether a Halloween thread already exists...

Where was this confirmed?!

A vulture interview with the game's writers said so.
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Here's my tip: Like with every other event, don't waste donuts speeding up the initial task or on currency or currency-producing items. If you've played any event in this game, you'll know that we have more than enough time (to the point of "ugh" ) to complete everything.

As for the event itself, it will most likely be different than the past two Halloweens, so can't really tell you what to expect.
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited October 2014
    Did past Halloweens have a "plant such and such" tasks? Wondering if it's worth planting corn.
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    3652929-ybm1zko.gif
  • Annathewicked
    4722 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Did past Halloweens have a "plant such and such" tasks? Wondering if it's worth planting corn.

All events so far where they have forced us to grow something they have made whatever your growing ready to harvest now so you can participate...... grow corn - it may be done next week, lol.

3rd for me - and Halloween is my favorite so I can't wait!
    take your time - you have plenty, don't waste donuts on speed and special currency, enjoy the game!

spelling edit
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Jedihntr wrote:
    Here's my tip: Like with every other event, don't waste donuts speeding up the initial task or on currency or currency-producing items. If you've played any event in this game, you'll know that we have more than enough time (to the point of "ugh" ) to complete everything.

BX9IVcR.gif

Although i have to speed up the buildings build cant wait 24hrs for buildings, well unless it like 3days or something then i will wait aint wasting that many donuts
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    1st ween for me.

I'm excited to have an opportunity to get whatever new items are offered but would like to see a re-release of witch Marge and the super collider.

Also it would be nice to have a day lag between the two events so I can clean up my SF and make room for the many (hopefully) cool new buildings and deco items.
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited October 2014
    1st ween for me.

I'm excited to have an opportunity to get whatever new items are offered but would like to see a re-release of witch Marge and the super collider.

Also it would be nice to have a day lag between the two events so I can clean up my SF and make room for the many (hopefully) cool new buildings and deco items.

The vulture article makes it sound like the **** take down and Halloween launch will happen at the same time.
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm both excited and curious about this event. I really hope they bring back the community prizes. Last Halloween was an excellent mix of past and new items, and also they improved on the event from the year before. Will there be some new terrible version of the wheel, I can't wait to see what they have in store for us. I wonder what will be for premium, I remember I passed on kang the first time around and regretted it. Hopefully there won't be too many premiums. Will this year be better than lasts, the sound effects, the atmosphere, the prizes, etc..., although it was a little dark, I still enjoyed it.
  • Gr8121
    15 posts
    edited October 2014
    6 days and counting........

MAKE SURE ALL CHARACTERS ARE READY TO GO. DIFFERENT CHARACTERS TRIGGERED FROM FIRST TO THE SECOND...

I personally didn't care for skins of the characters from the past year. I hope they create skins for other characters not just the main ones..

COME ON EA SPORTS HOW MANY SKINS CAN I GET FOR HOMER.... :(
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Only V-day and that other event this year have required the farm.
  • checkeredman
    79 posts
    edited October 2014
    I started playing TO mid-way through the Treehouse of Horror XXIV Event last year. I was lucky to get all of the community prizes but only earned enough goo to earn the Pumpkin House, Ancient Burial Ground, Vacuum Tool, and the Shuffling Zombie. I was soooooo close to getting the Victorian UFO but came up short. NBD though, I didn't have Kang or Kodos to interact with it. I was bummed to miss out on the Burns Coffin and the witch's gingerbread house.

I'm excited for the Halloween event!

capture.jpg
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.