EA Forums - Banner

Wrong tasks in friends towns

I've noticed this, but to me it doesn't seem like an issue at all. Not sure EA will be bothered to sort it out.

Replies

• 4kidsandacatdog
    3065 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I think it's sort of hilarious!

My guess is that a lot of your friends have most of their characters on inside tasks at the time. The game puts them on random outdoor tasks when you visit (what you see anyway, they aren't actually on those tasks) so that the SF doesn't seem like a ghost town, and maybe so that you can see all of their characters. It does become odd when it's a task normally paired with another character like the one you mentioned.
  • abc1177947165
    601 posts
    edited October 2014
    the game goes real time not your friends time. so if the indoor task has finished before you visit then you will see all the characters that were on that task finish it and exit the building, but yet your friend has not finished the task so when they log the characters for them will still be on the task till they clear the thumb for it.

outdoor task run the same you will see the end of the task, ie Homer running but nobody chasing him, if you would keep watching you would eventually see him stop running away
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited October 2014
    It was added with valentines day they would be on a random task outdoors if they were set indoors it's not a glitch
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited October 2014
    So if you put them on outside tasks or you leave them taskless they won't do random things? I actually prefer indoors to stay indoor, I don't like this whole "feature".
  • nacnudw622
    36 posts
    edited October 2014
    I'm not sure what the problem is. Surely it makes your neighbour's towns more interesting if you can see the Springfielders?
  • fuzznugget77
    1010 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    nacnudw622 wrote:
    I'm not sure what the problem is. Surely it makes your neighbour's towns more interesting if you can see the Springfielders?

I guess it is but it would also be nice to see them doing the tasks they were supposed to be doing. I used to set my characters to do tasks in certain ways and places to entertain my neighbours when they visited. Now 9 out of 10 times you get dual tasks being done on their own which just looks silly or 20-30odd characters stood on top of each other
  • fuzznugget77
    1010 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    fuffazzoni wrote:
    So if you put them on outside tasks or you leave them taskless they won't do random things? I actually prefer indoors to stay indoor, I don't like this whole "feature".

Yeah I'm with you, I think friends should see your town the way you intend them to see it, and would be nice to see the building animated when it's in use rather than every character doing a random task on top of each other just out the front of it.

the whole fun for me is seeing the town the way it is intended
  • keithzilla208
    287 posts
    edited October 2014
    There's this I came across earlier today. Really wanting Whacking Day next year now...

10456799_10204691786995215_7962857300669106771_n.jpg?oh=a73d0cbe5b2e5e1313287948890371ba&oe=54CEB339&__gda__=1422550086_0219b40b2fe3469dad95e816518ae04c
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    would be nice to see the building animated when it's in use rather than every character doing a random task on top of each other just out the front of it.
    I think the buildings still animate.

Some of my outdoor tasks are placed or chosen very carefully. I don't care much if my neighbors see a few other outdoor tasks. I think most of the characters I put indoors have wandering around tasks, anyway, probably don't interfere much. I guess I should look at my town from someone else's town.
  • ZennGlenn
    1713 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    fuffazzoni wrote:

Yeah I'm with you, I think friends should see your town the way you intend them to see it, and would be nice to see the building animated when it's in use rather than every character doing a random task on top of each other just out the front of it.

the whole fun for me is seeing the town the way it is intended

Agreed; would be wanting my 'setup' as I prefer it displayed 8)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Well, I went and checked out my town from Significant Other's device, and it looks just fine. All the buildings with people in them are animated, and none of the random outdoor tasks seem to be interfering too much with how I want my town to look. (The one exception might be Maude haunting Springfield, but the only way to prevent that would be to keep her off task, which I hate to do.)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!