EA Forums - Banner

Santa Coins - Will you make it?

Prev1
SLH is 3250? What in the.

I just now got Bowl-O-Rama. I guess I'd better be saving up Santa Coins for the house decorations and get the Santa premium item. I heard donuts will be on sale soon, I hope that's true.

Replies

• spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Three bits of good news for those who are worried about collecting enough coins:

1) The Christmas event lasts through January 3rd (I believe) and does not end on Christmas in 8 days.

2) You do not have to decorate every type of house if you are low on coins. You only have to decorate the Simpsons and Flanders. The option keeps increasing in your task book, but you can continue on with your quests without decorating every available house. However, more types of houses decorated will earn you more coins in the long run.

3) If your big concern is getting Santa's Little Helper, you can purchase just the first Funzo (750 coins) and then get SLH (1500 coins) without bothering with the second Funzo. That will save you 1,000 coins.
  • OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited December 2012
    I've played this game daily for the past several months.

How do you have so many coins already?
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I heard donuts will be on sale soon, I hope that's true.

If you are referring to the Gil Gunderson deal, it has been removed from the game. :(
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9167508.page
  • marlenet88
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    SLH is 3250? What in the.

I just now got Bowl-O-Rama. I guess I'd better be saving up Santa Coins for the house decorations and get the Santa premium item. I heard donuts will be on sale soon, I hope that's true.

I was meaning that to get SLH you'd need to also buy the Funzos. But I have been corrected by spiffshine (thanks!). Only need 2250 coins from my progression to buy SLH! :)
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    spiffshine wrote:
    Three bits of good news for those who are worried about collecting enough coins:

1) The Christmas event lasts through January 3rd (I believe) and does not end on Christmas in 8 days.

2) You do not have to decorate every type of house if you are low on coins. You only have to decorate the Simpsons and Flanders. The option keeps increasing in your task book, but you can continue on with your quests without decorating every available house. However, more decorations will earn you more coins in the long run.

3) If your big concern is getting Santa's Little Helper, you can purchase just the first Funzo (750 coins) and then get SLH (1500 coins) without bothering with the second Funzo. That will save you 1,000 coins.

All of the above plus if you took advantage of the sale on iTunes gift cards Best Buy ran on Black Friday and are now flush with doughnuts, you can purchase the one Funzo for donuts. The Mystery Holiday bag reward at the end of each week's play also dispenses 10--20 coins.
  • Mr_Blakery
    48 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'll make it provided there aren't any system/server issues from now until Jan 03 when the update is over (this is when it's over right?). Basically, I have 500 Santa coins and am about to build the Try n Save. I started in November and missed out on the Halloween event completely. I also just built Moe's. I only want to get one Funzo because you only need the one for Lisa to prompt SLH so collecting a total of 160 coins a day (I could get more but this is what I am collecting between friend-city-visits and deco'd houses/tree/etc as of writing this) I need to collect for 16.25 days (just shy of the 18 left until the event is over on Jan 03) in order to get the 2600 coins that I need to get to SLH (1500(SLH)+700(Funzo)+450(TNS)=2650 (but I have 500 so buying the TNS leaves me at 50 so I really need 2600 more) ...

.. lol confusing? I tried to make it so ....

either way I JUST MIGHT MAKE IT!! .... again provided there are no system/server issues! 8) 8)
  • OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited December 2012
    I figure if I start going to all 100 of my friend's towns every day (so time consuming) and get 3 coins, that's 300 a day. 18 days until the update goes bye-bye (and really the update may get extended a couple days because of server issues).

18x300 = 5400

More than enough. That doesn't include any coins from houses or the Santa's Land or whatever it's called if I decide to get it. I'm worrying about nothing.
  • marlenet88
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    The reason I started this topic was to give a deadline of when x needed to be complete. But after doing the math I realised I'm probably worrying too much for my play style. But there definitely will be people out there struggling.

Another trick is to save up friend requests. 20-30 or so. Then, on the last day, delete 20-30 friends and accept those 20-30. That will earn you up to 100 extra coins when you visit them after adding them.

Sometimes I do that just to get some rotation in my friend's list. My town is not pretty :P
  • OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited December 2012
    In true EA fashion, about 30-40 friends in of getting my 3 daily coins, and now I can't get on the server.

Piece of * game.
  • shelldude402
    108 posts
    edited December 2012
    I only got til Dec 22nd and then I'll lose internet connection til Jan 4th :<
    Currently got 487 coins, all houses decorated, one Funzo purchased.
    I should be able to get SLH in enough time :3
    And possibly the other Funzo.
    You see, unlike most players, I don't mind having chars that do nothing run around :P
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm at 355 and I have my first funzo. I'm always on and visiting friends assigning Christmas tasks etc. I'm not worried
  • landyacht67
    14 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm waiting to see if I get screwed on the try n save as I don't have moes and it looks like you have to send Barney there as part of the tns story. That would in turn mess up the funzos and slh. I guess I'll find out when Barney climbs out of the gutter and sobers up
  • OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm not worried either anymore.

This game stresses me out in the sense that ... for the love of God, I hope Donuts go on sale! I wanna cave and get a $50 iTunes card just for Donuts, but they're overpriced... even a 25% discount would be nice.
  • kymie1988
    253 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm 35 coins away from getting SLH. I'm fairly sure ill make it :lol:
  • feelin_irie_685
    151 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm stacked on coins but can't seem to get to the try n save I think I'm close but really who knows my town seems to operate slower than most, I'm still happy it even operates
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    Anyone who's playing now or even who starts playing now will have plenty of time to get everything in the Christmas update.

What's interesting is whether all the people who get their new devices on Christmas day and install the app in the following days will have enough time (along with just getting the game going) to do anything meaningful with it.
  • ScrappySeconds
    183 posts
    edited December 2012
    I currently have 1227 coins and I only need Santa's Little Helper and the Pink Funzo so I'll be fine :)
  • teamzap17
    303 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I don't bother going to my friends lists for coins everyday because I only need the Pink Funzo and SLH. I have got about 800 coins so yeah....

....Unless EA decides to throw something in at the last second :shock:
  • Marcovarius
    558 posts
    edited December 2012
    dont think it will happen. most people thought so last update (halloween) and stocked up on candy and Homer ate all of em on nov 8th :evil:
  • caprici424
    300 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm waiting to see if I get screwed on the try n save as I don't have moes and it looks like you have to send Barney there as part of the tns story. That would in turn mess up the funzos and slh. I guess I'll find out when Barney climbs out of the gutter and sobers up

I'm curious about this as well, since my bf doesn't have Moe's yet. But on my game (I already have SLh), it seemed like the Try-n-Save task and Drink at Moe's task were simultaneous, not consecutive. Barney definitely doesn't need to finish drinking there before the TnS is built.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.