EA Forums - Banner

Tip for getting more coins?

For me it work best to send 1 nerd per building. I was getting a better value than now that I send 12+ aiming to win in 4 hours. Of course everyone have there own techniques.

Replies

• johncolombo
    11583 posts Senior Moderator
    edited October 2014
    might be a tad too late for this but......
    send a round or two of nerds to your friends that aren't defending.

Collect another round of nerds. save them. Wait two hours click on random invaders and place nerds until all gone. Look for castles.
    go back into your town, collect all nerds again. random towns again, place all nerds till gone, again look for castles.
    do not go back to your town, log out from random invader screen. Wait 24 hours as a lot of towns are at about 24 hours for a win. Log back in 24 hours and I'm guessing that will net you about 6000 gold. The event is almost over. How much gold do you need? Good luck to you.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • PChmura15
    8 posts
    edited October 2014
    Thank you for the advice. Looks like I'll have to go with donuts (are the last 2 prizes worth it?). Does the contest end on the 7th or goes thru the 7th and ends at midnight?

Also, probably a dumb question but whats the difference between protecting your building bt tapping the shield and rebuilding your house? You get coins for both
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    PChmura15 wrote:
    Thank you for the advice. Looks like I'll have to go with donuts (are the last 2 prizes worth it?). Does the contest end on the 7th or goes thru the 7th and ends at midnight?

Also, probably a dumb question but whats the difference between protecting your building bt tapping the shield and rebuilding your house? You get coins for both

You get more for defending than for rebuilding (I think you get twice as many).
  • johncolombo
    11583 posts Senior Moderator
    edited October 2014
    You get even more if you find people that don't defend. If not one person had defended we could have all finished this event in about 2 days.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    PChmura15 wrote:

Isn't it a lot of donuts to get a prize that way?

The second-to-last award is the catapult ... I think we can just outright buy the catapult in the store for donuts, can't we? If so, I'd look at how many donuts it costs to get it, and compare the two methods.

The final prize set (the Homer statue and the banners) was a serious let-down for me. Definitely not worth stressing over earning thousands of gold coins

Those banners can be purchased with donuts from the store, I think, for a lot less than I think you'd need to spend to race to the finish the gold-coin way. The Homer statue is, for me, very small and non-distinctive. If it were a bit more imposing, I'd have been a lot more impressed with it. Definitely not worth panicking over (But that's ME.) Heck, the Marge volleyball statue is larger than the Homer one.

ALL of that is my opinion! :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited October 2014
    PChmura15 wrote:
    are the last 2 prizes worth it?

I thought the statue and the banners were lame, but that's me. I know some people are compulsive about having everything, so it's a matter of preference.
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited October 2014
    PChmura15 wrote:
    Does the contest end on the 7th or goes thru the 7th and ends at midnight?

If it's like other events, it'll end 9 am GMT. But the store updates arent compulsory, so you might be able to get a few more hours out of it
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I kinda liked the banners and statue. Not enough to spend donuts to get them, though.

Still, like the catapult and balloon, the statue and at least one of the banners does give a bonus % too. I like being able to get bonus % without donuts.
  • PChmura15
    8 posts
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the advice, I don't think I'm going waste donuts/money on the last two prizes. PS I don't see the catapult to be bought with donuts.
  • jakeatothek
    69 posts
    edited October 2014
    PChmura15 wrote:
    Thanks for the advice, I don't think I'm going waste donuts/money on the last two prizes. PS I don't see the catapult to be bought with donuts.
    You have to get the prize to be able to buy more.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.