EA Forums - Banner

To keep or not to keep, that is the question???

I was originally planning too, but now that they've changed how much you earn when visiting friends I don't think I will. I usually earn around 15k visiting friends and I'm not even maxed out, so I might wait until I buy the hospital and some more land before I start to trim.

Replies

• melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited December 2012
    Yeah the money factor is a definite bonus! The amount of land I've acquired through neighbourly visits is great. I think I'll keep too, plus many of them may still need me for coins.
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I'll keep them.
    The bonus is Nice.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I like setting aside a little time and doing the rounds. It's nice to see the creative way people make their towns, it's nice to help them out by vandalising their buildings, it's nice to collect obscene amounts of cash for doing it all in one run, it's nice to listen to a good book or talk or podcast while perusing the neighbourhood.

I've been pruning and honing my list for a while and it's increasingly difficult to add people now. Each new neighbour means I have to boot someone else off the list and at this point pretty much every one of my 100 friends have got great, well-cared-for Springfields.
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    I like setting aside a little time and doing the rounds. It's nice to see the creative way people make their towns, it's nice to help them out by vandalising their buildings, it's nice to collect obscene amounts of cash for doing it all in one run, it's nice to listen to a good book or talk or podcast while perusing the neighbourhood.

I've been pruning and honing my list for a while and it's increasingly difficult to add people now. Each new neighbour means I have to boot someone else off the list and at this point pretty much every one of my 100 friends have got great, well-cared-for Springfields.

Why didn't I think of this! It must be much more enjoyable whilst actually doing something, problem is I get bored after the initial 40 mins but your right perhaps it won't be so tedious if I shake things up a bit instead of waiting for that bloody Simpson house to regenerate lol
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:

Why didn't I think of this! It must be much more enjoyable whilst actually doing something, problem is I get bored after the initial 40 mins but your right perhaps it won't be so tedious if I shake things up a bit instead of waiting for that bloody Simpson house to regenerate lol

Since doing this daily routine (aside from earning tonnes of cash and XP in the game), I've listened to The Lord Of The Rings, The Hobbit, every book in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series, Thinking, Fast & Slow by Daniel Kahneman and many YouTube talks and lectures and podcasts. Like I say, it's actually relaxing. I even take the time to wander around and appreciate my friend's towns, even though I'm doing the trick of visiting each town separately three times to maximise the income.
  • KieranAPB
    101 posts
    edited December 2012
    I had no plans to visit my neighbours after Christmas, but now that I believe I have been able to raise 20000 dollars in a single visit I will continue to do so. Furthermore I have been able to reduce the time it takes to collect from 100 Springfields to 45 minuites. When you consider that 45 minuites of tapping will earn more than the combined Simpsons characters (for me at leased) in a day, suddenly it becomes less of a hardship.
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited December 2012
    Ok thanks for your comments everyone! New plan, listen to books whilst visiting :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.