EA Forums - Banner

Will Halloween really come tomorrow

Prev13
There's usually a bit of downtime after a big event before new content is released. Odds are Halloween won't hit until Thursday. Perhaps on Wednesday if we are really lucky.

Replies

• brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    The countdown and date say tomorrow for the end of the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ event. EA would need to release an App Store update to change the Splash Screen. The question is whether they immediately implement Halloween or they make us wait another week. I am hoping for tomorrow, that's for sure
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    There's usually a bit of downtime after a big event before new content is released. Odds are Halloween won't hit until Thursday. Perhaps on Wednesday if we are really lucky.

but why release two App Store updates in the same week?
  • barryriddl474
    4816 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Quote from the Simpsons wiki page:

"The Simpsons: Tapped Out Halloween 2014 content update is an upcoming content update/event which will be released on October 7, 2014,[1] immediately after the ending of the Clash of Clones event. It will be the game's third Halloween event, after Halloween 2012 and Halloween 2013."
  • MelodiousGiant
    56 posts
    edited October 2014

"The Simpsons: Tapped Out Halloween 2014 content update is an upcoming content update/event which will be released on October 7, 2014,[1] immediately after the ending of the Clash of Clones event. It will be the game's third Halloween event, after Halloween 2012 and Halloween 2013."

That is user submitted and pretty obviously based entirely on the Vulture article, which while encouraging may be a whole lot more vague than people are giving credit.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    KillaSqirl wrote:

but why release two App Store updates in the same week?

You make a good point Brett. I'm just kind of using history as a guide for my speculation, which doesn't always pan out. If the takedown update doesn't bring Halloween they could wait until next week to add Halloween. I read a thread a while back that said Halloween was always released the week before the episode. This years THOH is not airing until the 19th unfortunately, so if that pattern held true we won't be seeing the new update at all this week.
  • doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    It's bound to hit in the next few days. I'm sceptical it will hit back to back but I'm positive it will hit in the next couple of days.
  • Skyrim-mrp
    2457 posts
    edited October 2014
    I hope so :mrgreen:

Good to see you back Fuzz :D
  • 4junk3000
    5270 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    What. Difference. Does. It. Make.

When it hits it hits. And we'll play it.

Don't be a victim of over analysis. Just go with the flow man.
    Where's my buddy sandwedgeking with some thoughtful DUDE wisdom via gif?
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    They can release an appstore update that removes ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and introduces halloween
  • LPNintendoITA
    11435 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    also if they dont release it tomorrow, it'll be way shorter with christmas coming too at the end of november
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Historically, the first Halloween update was on Wednseday and the second Halloween update was on a Tuesday. So there is that.

Also, per title of this thread: Halloween is always on October 31st :mrgreen:
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited October 2014

That is user submitted and pretty obviously based entirely on the Vulture article, which while encouraging may be a whole lot more vague than people are giving credit.

It's from the Vulture interview with the writers of the game. If it wasnt true, SOMEONE would have corrected it by now.

Bear in mind ❤️❤️❤️❤️ was a week late, which would explain why they're not giving any downtime. The THOH ep airs in a couple weeks, they dont have much time. If they leave it a while, halloween wont end until mid november, crashing into Thanksgiving.
  • MelodiousGiant
    56 posts
    edited October 2014

It's from the Vulture interview with the writers of the game. If it wasnt true, SOMEONE would have corrected it by now.

Bear in mind ❤️❤️❤️❤️ was a week late, which would explain why they're not giving any downtime. The THOH ep airs in a couple weeks, they dont have much time. If they leave it a while, halloween wont end until mid november, crashing into Thanksgiving.

Sure, but the quote itself may not be as specific as people are thinking. As was pointed out earlier, the update has always come the week before the Halloween episode airs, which would place it at least another 2 weeks away. Now, that's probably not likely as the episode is airing later than it has for the past couple years. For another fun fact, before the past couple years the Halloween episode usually aired in November.
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited October 2014

I expect it to hit tomorrow just as you do. But the statement itself was not a statement quoted by the article writer from the body of the interview questions and answers. It was said in the prologue to the interview, by the article writer himself, with no indication as to where he got that information from. Like you, I ASSUME he got the start-date info from the Simpsons person being interviewed. But ...
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • dougiezero1982
    25 posts
    edited October 2014
    Oh, goodness....

Yes, I fully expect the Halloween event to start tomorrow. There should be an app-store update that removes and replaces.

EA wants to make money, this is a very specific seasonal update... they WANT this update on your device ASAP... $$$$$$

There used to be massive spoilers, but EA has kind of figured out not to release the game files so early.

• fuzznugget77
    1010 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    I hope so :mrgreen:

Good to see you back Fuzz :D

Hey man 8) I'm still hanging around :wink:

Cheers for you input guys, mostly seems based on this article, I have no idea what vulture even is?
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited October 2014
    It will come after ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ends. The real question is when is it ending? Will tomorrow really be the end of the event? Or will tomorrow be the last day of the event meaning Halloween will come on Wednesday.
  • dougiezero1982
    25 posts
    edited October 2014
    It will come after ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ends. The real question is when is it ending? Will tomorrow really be the end of the event? Or will tomorrow be the last day of the event meaning Halloween will come on Wednesday.

Valid question, but I doubt you'll see a hotfix patch ending the event, only for a massive app-store update to show up a few days later.

They are more than capable of doing this all at once... We have seen this before, you'll get a hotfix in the morning, app-store shorty afterwards.

The content is ready to go.

People will complain in the morning that they saw an in-game update, but nothing changed...

EDIT: Surprised there hasn't been a FB teaser posted, but I remember Christmas landing without much pre-fanfare.
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Posted this in the other thread about the upcoming Halloween Event.

qU4vpHX.png?1

Anyone know what the entire message says?
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I would imagine they will post a teaser on FaceBook in the next few hours.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!