EA Forums - Banner

Next Neighbor feature

schliematt wrote:
[...] I barely make it past the **** or Cs in my friends list cause it drives me crazy loading over and over to visit the rest of my list. [...]

That sucks for those of us that have an X or Z to start our username :(

Replies

• Retcon93
    227 posts
    edited December 2012
    xDaft_Punk wrote:
    schliematt wrote:
    [...] I barely make it past the **** or Cs in my friends list cause it drives me crazy loading over and over to visit the rest of my list. [...]

Most people do their friends towns alphabetically anyway. I can't imagine someone would just go in a random order, like from x to b to m etc.

All he's talking about is that when on a friends town, there should be a 'next town' option so we don't have to exit out, wait on the slow load time, then tap on the next friend in the list anyway, and wait yet again to get into the town.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    That's a pretty cool idea. I'm still hankering for some kind of messaging system so I can leave notes of props to my friends.
  • talk375
    124 posts
    edited December 2012
    schliematt wrote:
    If anyone has played Zombie Farm 2 they may have noticed a feature (when visiting your friends farms) that lets you go directly to the next friend in the list from their farm. I wish The tapped out gang could add a feature like this it would cut down loading time to exit back to the neighborhood screen and back into a city. So youd have button for my city, neighbor list, and next neighbor.

I don't like this feature only because I purposely skip over people that crash my game(sometimes I can visit without crash so I don't delete). But as long as I had the option to do it the regular way then I'm fine
    xDaft_Punk wrote:
    schliematt wrote:

For this reason I start off with the Z's I have less friends who's names start with letters at the end of the alphabet than the beginning.
  • xDaft_Punk
    152 posts
    edited December 2012
    Retcon93 wrote:
    xDaft_Punk wrote:
    schliematt wrote:

Most people do their friends towns alphabetically anyway. I can't imagine someone would just go in a random order, like from x to b to m etc.

All he's talking about is that when on a friends town, there should be a 'next town' option so we don't have to exit out, wait on the slow load time, then tap on the next friend in the list anyway, and wait yet again to get into the town.

From that line I quoted I interpreted it that he starts visiting friends from the 'Other Springfield' and move in order. By the time he is at the usernames that start with B or C, he is driven crazy by the loading screens and gives up visiting the rest of his friends. If there are other people that act in a similar fashion, people with usernames that start with letters at the end of the alphabet wouldn't be visited as much as people with usernames starting with letters from the start of the alphabet.
  • schliematt
    76 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    i do occasionally start at the end tho but yes i start at other springfeild and move on down.

Tho one time during halloween i tried setting up where i would do the top left of each group of 4 towns and then 6 hours later do the top right of each and 6 hours later the bottom left of each and then 6 hours later the bottom right. This way i only do 25 a session and everyone gets hit up once a day. but with actual employment getting in my way sometimes the sessions would get close together and such. The reason i would do it this way and not the first 25 towns one sessiona nd the next 25 the next session and so on is if i do one of the four towns i can always see the time remaining if i check it on the first set of 4.

Quoted:
    I don't like this feature only because I purposely skip over people that crash my game(sometimes I can visit without crash so I don't delete). But as long as I had the option to do it the regular way then I'm fine

Ive had people like this too i dont get why it happens. but i will usually delete them after a bit cause i grow tired of crashing. UNLESS they are someone you know personally, I would jsut delete them. i dont know if you noticed the 10000 add me threads here at the forums i bet you can find someone who doesnt crash you.

Also what i am talking about is a button that you dont have to hit. you can do the normal back to neighboring town screen technique or if you know the person who crashes you is named Bob_Gunderson36 when you get close to bobs name you can do the normal method.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.