EA Forums - Banner

Different content for different ages?

I had to do the same, i have no idea what its for though...

Replies

• LostCauze-NL
    315 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    So did you, or did you not see the decapitation at the start?

Jk i do think it has to do with blood or something though.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    So did you, or did you not see the decapitation at the start?

Jk i do think it has to do with blood or something though.

Haha! :lol: Yeah, probably! Hopefully someone finds out soon!
  • fluffling
    516 posts
    edited October 2014
    I'm also wondering this, I'm 14 and thinking of entering a slightly edited age, I don't want to miss out on any content and I don't want it not to let me do stuff if it limits that.
    I want to know what they want our age for, because it might be a simple survey thing
    I haven't gotten the update yet though
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited October 2014
    I lied about my age and I can say with all certainty no content has been different so far. I think they did that it get to know what age demographic plays there game
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3082 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Don't think there's a difference...all my kids play this game and their content isn't different from what I get.
  • cpodraza
    114 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Everytime I delete the game and re-download it I get that age confirmation thing.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Don't think there's a difference...all my kids play this game and their content isn't different from what I get.

Oh, ok! Cool! Probably a survey then like Nova and Fluffling said. Cpodraza's post backs this up. Good to hear! :mrgreen:
  • 4junk3000
    5330 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    There was a reason it was added, i remember reading why but it was trivial so i forgot, but it's not due to game content. No worries, we all get the same Simpson humor we love so much!
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • SUM1HATED
    242 posts
    edited October 2014
    I'd like to know the results of this, I'd like to know what age most people who play this are, and who EA are aiming the game at because I presume that EA are aiming it at adults as how would kids be able to afford boat loads of donuts.

I can't see many parents spending all that money for their kids unless they are extremly rich.
  • CPTSean541
    118 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Lesson learned for you guys then. When anything asks your age - lie. You never know when someone is going to mail you beer.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    SUM1HATED wrote:
    I'd like to know the results of this, I'd like to know what age most people who play this are, and who EA are aiming the game at because I presume that EA are aiming it at adults as how would kids be able to afford boat loads of donuts.

I can't see many parents spending all that money for their kids unless they are extremly rich.

There's actually a thread about people's ages :-)

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10092247.page#32795209
  • SUM1HATED
    242 posts
    edited October 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    SUM1HATED wrote:

There's actually a thread about people's ages :-)

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10092247.page#32795209

Oh right seems to be in my age range, lol all the 16-21 year olds are out dating getting drunk whatever, too busy to pay tapped out.
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited October 2014
    I had to enter my age when I entered the game and because I'm 13, I'm worried I may not get some of the "funny" jokes in my game and they may have cut that out for people who pick a young age... What do you think?

Different jokes or text for different ages? I'm worried... :shock:

The game automatically switch itself off and send you to bed at 8pm :lol::lol::lol:
  • JillianHK
    8 posts
    edited October 2014
    It's because of COPPA that they ask the age.
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I hope there is no difference as I accidentally put 13 instead of 14, won't make much difference by 1 year.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    4junk3000 wrote:
    There was a reason it was added, i remember reading why but it was trivial so i forgot, but it's not due to game content. No worries, we all get the same Simpson humor we love so much!

Thank goodness! :P
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I hope there is no difference as I accidentally put 13 instead of 14, won't make much difference by 1 year.

There probably isn't :-)
  • krysface
    147 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    The age request is because of the in app purchases on the game. I set up a game for my daughter and put in an she that was too young and it explained it then.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!