EA Forums - Banner

Re-Design questions

Using your inventory I think is the best way to do it. It will save a lot of picking & scrolling, and will give you wide open spaces to work with.

For an extra bit of fun, try stitching together a before & after panorama of your Springfield!

Replies

• sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    Wasn't there some glitch at some point with scrolling in the inventory when it was full of stuff? I think some people who did big redesigns had that problem at some point, don't know if it was fixed though.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Hmmm, not sure! I guess that would be a question for MoopsDude.

Moops?
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited December 2012
    Personally, I am leery of storing "important" buildings or items. I usually store all my smaller items when I redesign, but the bigger items or buildings I move. I don't know if my paranoia is justified or not, but in my eyes it is better to be safe than sorry.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I remember reading about the glitch back when I was a lurker. Also there seemed to be problems with items vanishing from the inventory. I don't store my buildings, I cram them all into a corner as I move things around. Plus, I laugh at the confused looks on the characters faces because they don't know what to do when I delete all roads.

I actually don't store anything. I built a concrete, fenced in storage yard and placed it next to the tire fire. It's my own personal junkyard! It's where i shoved the Halloween items and where the Christmas tree will go.
  • Marcovarius
    558 posts
    edited December 2012
    I would do the same! someone claimed to have sold his Jebediah statue by mistake by doing so. dont wont that to happen!!
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited December 2012
    I just recently had everything I owned in my inventory except for Homer's house for about 12 hours and everything was still there. In fact, I've had everything in inventory many times as I used to redesign my town twice a week it seemed like. I've never lost anything. I have accidentally sold the Java Server once. I'm pretty sure that's the only way anyone has "lost" something. It's not hard to accidentally tap the $ instead of store button.
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited December 2012
    I would do the same! someone claimed to have sold his Jebediah statue by mistake by doing so. dont wont that to happen!!

This is **** as it won't let you sell that. You get the "sorry no deal" when you try to sell it. Along with a few other things like the Duff Race Car, all the Halloween stuff, the Krusty doll, those sort of things.
  • Aarann
    12 posts
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the input people, I think I'll store all the decorations and normal houses and just shift the important features!

@Spiff: I think I will stitch a before and after shot that's a good call! Watch this space :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.