EA Forums - Banner

Grem alien loot

Prev1
If they work just like the gremlins last year, you will get four probes if they go several hours without being caught. If they are caught, you and your neighbor each get two.
(As they seem to be the main way we can help our neighbors this year, I hope everyone is squishing them!)

Replies

• suemoorhead
    117 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for that! My first Halloween so it's all new to me! Enjoying it so far though!
  • 0sghead0
    12 posts
    edited October 2014
    Here's a better question:

Do you still get rewards for the grem-aliens if you release them in “Other Springfield”? If so, just dump all of them into there. Because you know you'll get the 4 probes every time, right? Or am I missing something?
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4694 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    0sghead0 wrote:

Do you still get rewards for the grem-aliens if you release them in “Other Springfield”? If so, just dump all of them into there. Because you know you'll get the 4 probes every time, right? Or am I missing something?

I wondered the same. Though it doesnt help your neighbors. However, we could all just dump them there and profit.
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Has anyone been getting probes back from the grem-aliens you been dropping in neighbors' towns?

If so what does the notification look like? I read a few posts saying people aren't getting benefit when they drop the eggs.
  • Sleeping_Sun05
    118 posts
    edited October 2014
    I think neuroheart touched on this but can I just clarify - is the most helpful thing for us to do isquish our neighbours gremlins or leave them?
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    0sghead0 wrote:

Good question, would love to know the answer?
    But no neighbor profit like that so not gonna do that, otherwise your neighbors skip you to.
  • tshef07
    61 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    There really isn't any way to see who is visiting your town in this event unless they leave grem-aliens. I monitor who visits me so I can drop them for non-reciprocating.
  • cjryder625
    1413 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I've had gremlins that I just can't tap on. No matter how much I tap them they keep running around and then hiding. Probably a bug.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Each galien is worth 4 probes that either get split 0-4 or 2-2. So it seems easiest to me to squish them thereby having a reciprocal approach without the need to keep track of who dropped the egg. As for whom to drop eggs on, I get so few eggs playing freemium that it really cannot help anyone much. Maybe that will change? For now I'm dropping eggs on people who have fewer probes, which is not the same thing as who is low on the leaderboard.
  • Annathewicked
    4712 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    tshef07 wrote:
    There really isn't any way to see who is visiting your town in this event unless they leave grem-aliens. I monitor who visits me so I can drop them for non-reciprocating.

definitely not dropping people just cuz i don't see grems from them - we don't get enough eggs to drop some in all towns, it would be unfair to assume they aren't helping because I didn't see the drop.......
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    cjryder625 wrote:
    I've had gremlins that I just can't tap on. No matter how much I tap them they keep running around and then hiding. Probably a bug.

Are you talking about in your neighbors' town? I don't think you can tap on the big galiens there; those are the ones that spawned from some egg drop.

• canadianspring
    410 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    definitely not dropping people just cuz i don't see grems from them - we don't get enough eggs to drop some in all towns, it would be unfair to assume they aren't helping because I didn't see the drop.......

It seems like I'm hardly getting any eggs and keeping up with who has dropped them in my town is hard enough. I don't think anyone should expect grem aliens from every single friend at this point.

I've also had one I couldn't kill left in my town. I did a couple of friend visits and killed him when I got back, at least I think it was him. :wink:
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    0sghead0 wrote:

Good question, would love to know the answer?
    But no neighbor profit like that so not gonna do that, otherwise your neighbors skip you to.

I sent my first one there by accident and got the reward. 8)
  • 88KEYS62
    200 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    The problem is, as has been mentioned elsewhere, the points you're getting are NOT adding to your total. I left my game and my probe count was at 1512. Came back two hours later and got a popup that 4 of my grems had been hit. After hitting OK the count did not increase. Still want to help my neighbors but must admit I'm being reserved dropping them until this has been fixed.
  • hokieborn
    171 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    88KEYS62 wrote:
    The problem is, as has been mentioned elsewhere, the points you're getting are NOT adding to your total. I left my game and my probe count was at 1512. Came back two hours later and got a popup that 4 of my grems had been hit. After hitting OK the count did not increase. Still want to help my neighbors but must admit I'm being reserved dropping them until this has been fixed.
    This ^

I just tested again with dropping in my feeder town.

I won't be dropping eggs until this is resolved.
  • cbratushesky
    144 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Has anyone else noticed that their egg total switches as you switch neighbours? My total was two, then I went to the next neighbour and it was zero. Then I went back and it I had two eggs again. I think there is a glitch. I have also had grem aliens in my own town that I cannot catch as someone else mentioned.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Has anyone else noticed that their egg total switches as you switch neighbours? My total was two, then I went to the next neighbour and it was zero. Then I went back and it I had two eggs again. I think there is a glitch. I have also had grem aliens in my own town that I cannot catch as someone else mentioned.

Thats normal, its because there are allready enough grmlins in that town and there is only room for 2,6 or more/less
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited October 2014
    88KEYS62 wrote:

Same here, and also the total of my "usable" eggs (in the upper right corner of the screen) doesn't match with the total I have in the lower-left counter. For example this evening I had 16 eggs, but only 10 usable.
  • SamNotSpam
    30 posts
    edited October 2014
    fuffazzoni wrote:
    Same here, and also the total of my "usable" eggs (in the upper right corner of the screen) doesn't match with the total I have in the lower-left counter. For example this evening I had 16 eggs, but only 10 usable.

Neighbour towns have a max capacity of 10 GremAliens.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    88KEYS62 wrote:

Does reinstall helps??
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!