EA Forums - Banner

Trick-or-treat quest glitch... Warning!

Prev13
Grrr I just noticed - same thing happened to me. Thanks for the heads-up.

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Oh dear :? Thanks for letting us know!
  • thatdonald845
    1592 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Me too. It was only after opening about 10 bags that I noticed none had registered. You have to click on the task and open them that way. Sigh.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Is this, perhaps, why the quest keeps repeating for many people?
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Is this, perhaps, why the quest keeps repeating for many people?
    I believe so, happened to me too, but I'm not really bothered as ill complete it soon
  • Donathor
    92 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the tip.
  • krysface
    147 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    The same thing happened to me and I'm finally almost done with round 2 of trick or treating, but on the bright side I have gotten a lot of treat bags :)
  • shafanator108
    359 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    When completing the "send 10 kids trick-or-treating" make sure you click on the task book icon to find your completed Trick-or-treaters. I clicked directly on the first 4 or 5 kids and didn't get any credit for completing the task. For the rest I clicked on the task book icon, which then auto-found the kids, and I got credit for the last 7 kids. Now I have to do the whole task again just to get those last 3 trick-or-treaters. Very annoying. At least I still got all the prize bags for all the kids.

You've been warned!

Lol I was just going to open a topic asking if the quest just stopped at the trick or treaters quest. Cool now I know. Thanks.
  • krysface
    147 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I take it back, I clicked on the task and after it marked as complete, the same task just started over again.
  • SamCarterX206
    898 posts
    edited October 2014
    krysface wrote:
    I take it back, I clicked on the task and after it marked as complete, the same task just started over again.

Me too.
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I think they keep the quest active so it's easier to select the trick or treating task for the kids. I like it.
  • krysface
    147 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    If its just to make it easy to trick or treat the kids what is the next part of the quest?
  • thatdonald845
    1592 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    The task is on a loop until October 20th. This means players with less than 10 kids will have to send some on the same task twice to complete the cycle. HOPEFULLY you only have to go through the task just the once to enable you to get the next task/quest.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I think this should stay near the top of the board for awhile. Bump.
  • BBMcB
    13 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Mopurglar wrote:
    I think they keep the quest active so it's easier to select the trick or treating task for the kids. I like it.

My thoughts exactly. I think this is an easy & efficient way to help you keep your kids trick or treating & earning bags... which is to your benefit.
  • thatdonald845
    1592 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    BBMcB wrote:
    Mopurglar wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I think this is an easy & efficient way to help you keep your kids trick or treating & earning bags... which is to your benefit.

Yes, this is true. It would be improved, though, if it registered that the kids had finished their tasks when they are clicked on in the normal way - instead of only recording completed tasks that were made by tapping on "go to" in the quest pop-up. Same for the bags.

It isn't such a big problem, but it might lead to people getting frustrated with it and spending donuts to rush tasks.
  • Sleeping_Sun05
    118 posts
    edited October 2014
    My quest keeps repeating. I've noticed as well that it is glitched in that when you click speed up for 6 donuts' sometimes it takes the 6 donuts, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it only takes 2 or 4. Very strange!
  • SerenityLove1983
    212 posts
    edited October 2014
    It happened to me as well, I was wondering what was up with that.
    Thanks for letting us know! :)
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the heads up everyone.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Bump
  • hipmama197190
    288 posts
    edited October 2014
    Wait! Can you still send the kids out to trick or treat once the task is over? It just won't be at the top any more?

Is there more to this questline?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!