EA Forums - Banner

My first complaint post

Prev1
Why in the world do the cars in the drive in face the opposite way? I've tried to expand the drive in with other cars, but no matter which way you turn them, the available cars do not all face the same way as the cars in the drive in. That's just lazy! And to keep it from getting too negative, anyone out there with brilliant plans for your drive in?

I didn't buy it yet but my brother did. He just placed the cars anyway, they don't look that bad, especially at a glance. he stuck some parking meters up next to the cars as speakers or intercoms or whatever. It looks pretty nice! :)

Replies

• roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Cars should be able to rotate in all 4 directions, like fences and walls. They should also be able to be placed on roads. Unfortunately, they can't.

Maybe EA will change things in the future. I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • barryriddl474
    4814 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Why in the world do the cars in the drive in face the opposite way? I've tried to expand the drive in with other cars, but no matter which way you turn them, the available cars do not all face the same way as the cars in the drive in. That's just lazy! And to keep it from getting too negative, anyone out there with brilliant plans for your drive in?

I agree. I just didn't put any cars at mine because it looks odd when vehicles are facing away from the screen.
  • jasonbd77
    238 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    If you are "going to the drive-in", it doesn't matter about watching the movie!
  • GeorgePatton5
    46 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    What are you talking about? Both cars face the right way.
  • missnewleaf
    210 posts
    edited October 2014
    Mine face the correct way too. I love the drive in. Such an unexpected item.
  • amcevil
    350 posts
    edited October 2014

OP is talking about other cars in Springfield, not the two that are part of the drive-in.
  • Annathewicked
    4702 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    People park backwards at our drive-in in real life..... So it doesn't bother me much- could look better, but it's not bad
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    amcevil wrote:

OP is talking about other cars in Springfield, not the two that are part of the drive-in.

Right. I'm talking about adding cars to a lot in order to make the drive in bigger. As part of a design. The added cars will not face the screen. It's a silly mistake on their part.
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I faced them sideways. I figured they could lay across the backseat and stare out that way :lol:
  • GeminiTina
    329 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    People park backwards at our drive-in in real life..... So it doesn't bother me much- could look better, but it's not bad

We do that, but it's because I have a truck, so I'm made to be in the front row. I throw an air mattress in the back, pillows, cooler, and a couple of blankets in case it gets chilly. Back in to the spot, open my roll top and lay down, looking straight at the screen. I also bring my old 80's boom box with detachable speakers and surround sound. Put the main in the center and a speaker at each back corner. Best movie experiences ever!
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited October 2014

They do? I never knew that! Been years since I was at a drive in. Problem solved!
  • barryriddl474
    4814 posts Member
    edited October 2014

They do? I never knew that! Been years since I was at a drive in. Problem solved!

Here's a pic of how that looks:
    screen-940x560.jpg
  • liam161958
    42 posts
    edited October 2014
    Love the pic, we don't have drive ins over here.
  • Annathewicked
    4702 posts Member
    edited October 2014

Oh yes, it quite fun to load the back with pillows and blankets and junk and lay down.....

And I feel very lucky to live within an hour drive of two drive-ins. They are spectacular and so much fun to go to, wish weather this time of year didnt close them down...... Their a dying breed which is sad- less than 300 left in United states I believe, so go support something awesome if you have one near you. It's a never forget experience
  • patzmcm
    703 posts Member
    edited October 2014

Oh yes, it quite fun to load the back with pillows and blankets and junk and lay down.....

And I feel very lucky to live within an hour drive of two drive-ins. They are spectacular and so much fun to go to, wish weather this time of year didnt close them down...... Their a dying breed which is sad- less than 300 left in United states I believe, so go support something awesome if you have one near you. It's a never forget experience

Did you get to wear pajamas at the drive in when you were little? Must have made it easier for my parents to plop us right into bed. But that was sooo fun.
  • Annathewicked
    4702 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    patzmcm wrote:

Did you get to wear pajamas at the drive in when you were little? Must have made it easier for my parents to plop us right into bed. But that was sooo fun.

Oh yes! And did the same thing with my daughter when she was younger a few years back..... Nice that mine plays double feature kids/adult movies usually..... Watch a kids movie, Kids falll asleep, adults watch a movie we want to..... All happy
  • leongeiser
    102 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Ours had a concession stand and a playground in the middle, long time ago, Reading, Pennsylvania.
    Thread officially hijacked.
    “Well, I’m so moved I renounce science"
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited October 2014
    I havent expanded the drive in, i've left it as it is :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • ZennGlenn
    1656 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    @ Annathewicked: cool they have them in '7th LayertofHell' :P

@ BarryR: groovy pic there 8)

I added a haycart which looks pretty good too :wink:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Bump to merge.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!