EA Forums - Banner
CLOSURE ANNOUNCEMENT: The TSTO forums will be closed on December 13th, 2023. Read more about the future of the forums here.

Not getting probes from neighbor visits

Perhaps you've used your 90 probe-generating actions for the day? Could try again in 24h.

Replies

• Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited October 2014
    That's crazy. I thought they were talking about maxing out when you reach the final prize. I didnt know there was a daily limit. How am I supposed to get enough if they limit per day?!
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    During events there is always a limit on the "currency" you can get from helping neighbours.

There are other ways to get probes, squishing aliens in your own town, sending kids trick or treating for treat bags, shooting down UFOs and premium donut items which will give extra.

You have to work hard at these events for sure but they are usually achievable for even freemium players.
  • Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited October 2014
    I got 100 from my town after writing this post, so hopefully it will work out.
  • 74hands
    464 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Er, as a L45 freemium player, I'm not entirely convinced myself that I can hit the top targets without spending. I've got 77 friends I visit every day, play my own SF twice a day to get the 2 x 8 hour treat collecting, release all the gremaliens as soon as I get them and tap the ones in my SF, and I've only just hit about 3,400 probes. The only ways I can see to get them any faster than I already can is to buy some premium kiddies to increase the treat collecting, or buy some probes (I assume you can buy them, I haven't looked, just kept my head down and tapped like mad).

It can be discouraging to say the least when I look at the leader board and see someone on 64,000 while I'm on 2,900ish. I can only imagine how discouraged relatively new players with limited kiddies and much reduced treat collecting capabilities must be.

Please note - the above is an observation only, not a complaint, not a moan. It's only a game! Life goes on and I'm enjoying the quest and everything in it, but I have a realistic view about my odds of completing it - that doesn't upset me at all. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    My choice for all my Tapped Out news and troll-free friendly chat is the EA officially approved Tapped Out UK :)
  • thatdonald845
    1617 posts Member
    edited October 2014
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    New players cannot expect to get everything instantly. I started playing Jan 3rd, had no game friends for ages, and got very few items from Christmas 2013. I didn't complain!

My update was delayed by 30 hours (thanks Amazon UK) so i started properly days later that everyone else but even I am at over 4000 probes, and over half way to Hugo, without spending any donuts, no premium kids either.

I think aliens in your SF reach max amount every 4 hours so if you're not currently visiting that frequently, try and see if you can increase it. Open treat bags as soon as you get them too (some players are hoarding I really don't know why) and use up your UFO ammo.

There is also a bug where the grem alien probes are not adding to the total. I'm holding off releasing eggs because of that and i'm saving them for stage 3 where you need lots of the currency to get UBO which is on my want list :) Even though I think you will get like 9 per tap you still need alot.
  • steve8684
    11 posts
    edited October 2014
    Open treat bags as soon as you get them too (some players are hoarding I really don't know why) and use up your UFO ammo.

I believe player hoard treat bags so they can open them when the currency switches. So it's like having a nice boost when the Ray guns start dropping.
  • phonedave
    47 posts
    edited October 2014
    74hands wrote:
    Er, as a L45 freemium player, I'm not entirely convinced myself that I can hit the top targets without spending. I've got 77 friends I visit every day, play my own SF twice a day to get the 2 x 8 hour treat collecting, release all the gremaliens as soon as I get them and tap the ones in my SF, and I've only just hit about 3,400 probes. The only ways I can see to get them any faster than I already can is to buy some premium kiddies to increase the treat collecting, or buy some probes (I assume you can buy them, I haven't looked, just kept my head down and tapped like mad).

It can be discouraging to say the least when I look at the leader board and see someone on 64,000 while I'm on 2,900ish. I can only imagine how discouraged relatively new players with limited kiddies and much reduced treat collecting capabilities must be.

Please note - the above is an observation only, not a complaint, not a moan. It's only a game! Life goes on and I'm enjoying the quest and everything in it, but I have a realistic view about my odds of completing it - that doesn't upset me at all. :)

I don't understand what you are doing. I am freemium for the most part as well. I have the same situation as you except I have SVT (won him) and the Ray gun (donuts). As of this moment I am about 300 probes away from the last probe prize, and I have not collected from friends yet today. I am also glitched and get no credit from grem-aliens. The prizes are easily obtainable. The Ray gun has added maybe 100 to 150 probes to my total. (It has added 100 pumpkins and 50 chocolate bars - which is a lot more important)

-Dave
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.