EA Forums - Banner

Simpsons down again

No trouble here...

Replies

• arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    The entire game is like very slow with me, i can connect But i have to stare at the pink donut for a time.

Hope you can reconnect
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm good...for now...
  • ItsTrash
    8 posts
    edited December 2012
    Lost my city
  • brob785
    19 posts
    edited December 2012
    Little slow right now, but still able to play.
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited December 2012
    Still good here in California
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    The lag is killing me!

I only have 50 friends (by choice so please don't add me) and yet it took me nearly an hour to go through them because the donut kept spinning and spinning. But it's only on my iPad! On the iPod Touch, I'm not having any lagging problems.

So annoying but I'm not complaining too much at least I can still access things unlike that horrible 4-days we all had to endure. Hoping this isn't a sign of things to come, Christmas break is starting and some have already started.
  • honest_abraham
    76 posts
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    The lag is killing me!

I only have 50 friends (by choice so please don't add me) and yet it took me nearly an hour to go through them because the donut kept spinning and spinning. But it's only on my iPad! On the iPod Touch, I'm not having any lagging problems.

So annoying but I'm not complaining too much at least I can still access things unlike that horrible 4-days we all had to endure. Hoping this isn't a sign of things to come, Christmas break is starting and some have already started.

You'd think ea would allocate more server space for Tapped Out prior to the christmas rush....one would hope at least
  • didemlale
    208 posts
    edited December 2012
    It is too slow now.
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    I rather a slow game then not being able to get on at all haha :lol:
  • didemlale
    208 posts
    edited December 2012
    You're right! And I do hope that EA will solve connection/server problems.
  • sorry89charlie
    147 posts
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the support guys but not only is it slow but I can't even get on right now so frustrating :evil:
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm not having any issues.
  • moulinette92
    10 posts
    edited December 2012
    I keep getting that warning message: 'Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please sign into that device before playing.' I haven't used another device in months and I don't want to click 'Play Now' in case it deletes my Springfield.

Should I just wait it out?
  • robbie_judd
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    Same here, now this time there must be some compensation. I have paid money into the game on 4 separate occasions and have been locked out for the second time. The dreaded thanks giving update locked me out for 9 days and now this for some reason seems to be happening again today???
    Please can someone look into this and get a fix in place ASAP?
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited December 2012
    I keep getting that warning message: 'Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please sign into that device before playing.' I haven't used another device in months and I don't want to click 'Play Now' in case it deletes my Springfield. Should I just wait it out?
    Play now. It shouldn't affect your game.
  • Bellfist
    12 posts
    edited December 2012
    I was logged out from my origin account, and now that I try to login again I just get error messages. I don't wanna lose my town, already invest 40 dollars on it, damn it.
  • keslover17
    60 posts
    edited December 2012
    That's just the EA servers doing their thing, it should come around soon
  • Ryansmach
    23 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm going to post this here in the hopes that the more contentious post will continue to slip down the front page. There seems to be a basic misunderstanding of the "Freemium" vs. "Subscription" model of gaming and I think that results in folks feeling they deserve compensation for temporary losses of game availability. In a freemium game, like TSTO, the real money a user spends (and I've spent plenty, gotta have all those characters!) is convertible into items or abilities (i.e. faster job times) that other users may not receive, it is not spent on access to the game.

Access to the game is free and the purchased premium content and currency are available when the game is available. There is no loss of actual value to the user if the game is not available. Loss of perceived value, certainly. But compensating an individual's loss of perceived value is not a business model any company follows. Essentially:

User 1: Has purchased no in game currency, server node down 12 hours, owed: nothing.

User 2: Has purchased $10,000 real dollars of in game currency, server node down 12 hours, owed: nothing.

Why? Because when the server node comes back up User 1 will have no in game currency and no premium content and User 2 will have $10,000 real dollars worth of in game currency or purchased premium content. Neither user lost anything other than access to a game they have paid no money to play.
  • annagia888
    5 posts
    edited December 2013
    I tried to log on from my iPad in the car and obviously there was no connection, i was just curious if you could do anything so i clicked it. But now since then I can't get a connection from anywhere. My iPads online. Just wont connect. I closed the app. Opened it. Same thing. I restarted the iPad. Same thing. Any tips?

It also had a crazy glitch earlier today where presents kept falling from the sky. It wouldn't stop. I collected thousands of gift cards in a few minutes, then it crashed and all the gift cards got reset to what it was pre-glitch. :) and worked normally after, until now with the connection issue.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.