EA Forums - Banner

Maybe finally getting through to them...?

I hope so! *fingers crossed*

Replies

• lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    No kidding, I told them it was 12 days since ive been able to play and thats when they asked for my case number... stupid ea hahaha
  • Tony68k
    279 posts
    edited December 2012
    Lauren, have you tried logging in on another device, like a friends iPhone? I've had different experiences with different devices, so if you've not tried it, it might be worth a shot. If it still fails to work you at least confirm it's server related and something, unfortunately, only EA can fix. Good luck.
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    Tony68k wrote:
    Lauren, have you tried logging in on another device, like a friends iPhone? I've had different experiences with different devices, so if you've not tried it, it might be worth a shot. If it still fails to work you at least confirm it's server related and something, unfortunately, only EA can fix. Good luck.

I am able to log into other peoples phones to play
  • Tony68k
    279 posts
    edited December 2012
    Tony68k wrote:

Okay, I'm guessing here, and tbh I've not taken much notice of threads regarding lock-out issues, so there'll be people more qualified to comment on this than me, but... if you can play on other devices, it's probably a local problem. If you've reinstalled the app, then I wonder if there's a local file that's corrupt and doesn't get reset on a re-install - perhaps it's locked so it doesn't get deleted/overwritten properly. I'm not sure how you'd clear this beyond a backup/wipe/restore. Like I say, I'm guessing, but after 12 days i think I'd be dismantling my iPad by now! (Probably by throwing it at a wall :)
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    Tony68k wrote:
    Tony68k wrote:

Okay, I'm guessing here, and tbh I've not taken much notice of threads regarding lock-out issues, so there'll be people more qualified to comment on this than me, but... if you can play on other devices, it's probably a local problem. If you've reinstalled the app, then I wonder if there's a local file that's corrupt and doesn't get reset on a re-install - perhaps it's locked so it doesn't get deleted/overwritten properly. I'm not sure how you'd clear this beyond a backup/wipe/restore. Like I say, I'm guessing, but after 12 days i think I'd be dismantling my iPad by now! (Probably by throwing it at a wall :)

I've restored my phone back to factory settings and nothing worked
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm restoring my phone again.. because I'm that bored. ugh.
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    No kidding, I told them it was 12 days since ive been able to play and thats when they asked for my case number... stupid ea hahaha
    Wow, that's a long time, hope you get it sorted out soon.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • Tony68k
    279 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm restoring my phone again.. because I'm that bored. ugh.

If it still doesn't work, and you're still bored, try restoring to NEW, and then after that restore your backup. You could actually try restoring to new, reinstalling the game and trying it, then restoring a backup.

Just been reading up on this, and a restore from backup doesn't always clear all the files from the device. Hope you get it working. Hope the don't mind me suggesting fixes, but speaking as someone's who's developed software for nearly 30 years, this is what I'd try :)
  • Gilby01
    69 posts
    edited December 2012
    Lauren,

Seeing you are trying different things maybe give this a go.

As Tony suggested maybe something is getting left behind when you uninstall. The reset should remove everything but who knows. You can download an application called iExplorer which lets you browser the content of your device.

When the app is installed there will be a folder something like Apps->com.ea.simpsonssocial.bv2

After you uninstall the app check with iExplorer that the folder and its content have been completely removed and if not remove it using iExplorer.

Not sure if this will help or not but worth a shot.
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    Gilby01 wrote:
    Lauren,

Seeing you are trying different things maybe give this a go.

As Tony suggested maybe something is getting left behind when you uninstall. The reset should remove everything but who knows. You can download an application called iExplorer which lets you browser the content of your device.

When the app is installed there will be a folder something like Apps->com.ea.simpsonssocial.bv2

After you uninstall the app check with iExplorer that the folder and its content have been completely removed and if not remove it using iExplorer.

Not sure if this will help or not but worth a shot.

I will download this and see what happens..

When I open the app it still asks for my apple id password... I will keep hitting cancel! so far so good
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.