EA Forums - Banner

Beginning to feel like Easter a bit yet??

Prev1
Let me just say this. No random prize wheel.

Replies

• richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited October 2014
    This is nothing like easter. There's no real element of chance to this event, and im close to getting everything by the end of the week. Stop making these pointless threads, the only thing worse than inane complaints are baseless ones.
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I just got Hugo and should get the donut machine in a couple of days. I'm fine with this event. No, it's NOTHING like Easter.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Does not feel like Easter to me.

The big difference is that if you really want to get something without the grind/luck then you can pay the donuts and get it.

• terend2013
    60 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    This is nothing like easter. There's no real element of chance to this event, and im close to getting everything by the end of the week. Stop making these pointless threads, the only thing worse than inane complaints are baseless ones.

So you mean to tell me that just because there is no "Wheel" per se in front of your face that there isn't a random "wheel" concept behind the scene????? Bronze bags "Spin" out a few prizes, Silver bags "Spin" out a few other prizes and you think UFO's dont have a "Wheel" spinning out things????

Why dont you think about it, eh? I am just setting off my own personal results with the fact that i am all friended up and not will to spend a billion donuts, which by the way, i think you will find if buy 100 ammo's for donuts you will be "spinning" the same results out of UFO's, random prizes that will repeat (and not the good ones)

Probes and gummies = Fences in my opinion

• keithzilla208
    287 posts
    edited October 2014
    1859458.png
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    For me it like felt more like alien Easter in the beginning with the prize bag wheels and the grem-eggs. Not so much now since I've found that the prizes are easily obtainable with play or outright for pay.
  • blackgryphon9999
    655 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    This doesn't feel at all like Easter. Every prize can be earned; there is no random prize wheel to steal my donuts. I like the pace. The event has been very good (although I liked the Stonecutters event the best of all in the three years I've been playing). No complaints, really; having fun with it.
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited October 2014
    1859458.png

Double thumbs up for this
  • ZennGlenn
    1721 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    :roll: ...I like they're poking fun w/broken Easter fences &eggs 8)
  • Khodro
    707 posts
    edited October 2014
    OP, why don't you tell us a good event-mechanism. I'm curious how you'd do this differently.
  • thatdonald845
    1588 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    giphy.gif

NOT like Easter, although now you mention it I might use some of my Egg Piles to decorate my alien area.
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited October 2014
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Feeling like Easter, well the weather is cool but the leaves are turning brown, red, and orange, not green. Oh, wait you mean event wise. No, it's nothing like Easter. There are only 20 complaint threads about this event as opposed to the 2000 for Easter.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Let me just say this. No random prize wheel.
    Mm-hm. Doesn't feel at all like a Macbeth event to me. My progress toward prizes is steady and completely satisfactory.
  • HappyGamer73
    2395 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Let's see...

Haven't had to use 5 silver bags to buy one gold bag only to open it and find it contained a bronze bag!

Nope, I'm good. :P
  • Samaranth01
    2182 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    1859458.png
    :lol: :thumbup:

I only have the doughnut device left to get, and I'm well on track for that. Seem to be having a problem getting chocolate bars for the Grand Pumpkin, but that's not really a high priority for me. I got Hugo and he was the one I really wanted. :D
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    No way this feels like Easter at all! Nothing requires a chance for a chance for a chance for a prize.
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 2014

I was really hesitant to chime in on this discussion as I try to stay out of complaint threads. However, here is my two-cents:

1) I can understand the OP in the sense that you are randomly getting a random assortment of treats from bags that sometimes get randomly (you get them guaranteed from tasks, but only randomly from squishing Rigellians and shooting down UFOs). Because you are only getting a random set of treats that you have to collect, it is theoretically possible you would not earn enough of a certain treat to craft all items. In this sense, there is a degree of randomality to it, like the random stakes of a wheel (or Easter box)

2) HOWEVER, (throwing aside the personal prizes as they are earned through collection) the probability of not collecting enough treats to craft at least 1 of each items displayed thus far is so small, a person who is freemium and grinds a bit (visits 30 friends a day and logs in at least 3-4 times a day) should have no issue. Moreover, many people are reporting receiving the Human Test Subject, the Rigellian bush, and Spooky Walls from tapping. Because you are able to earn all the prizes through grinding (like, dare I say, Whacking Day) this event is a happy medium between full randomness of wheels and the straight earn items to purchase what you want (that we had back in Christmas 2012 and Valentines 2013). While it may not be your preference, is it far from the atrocity that was Easter or Valentine's 2014
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    First, I don't think this feels like easter. I do agree there is a big chance element here, however, unlike easter, we are getting hundreds of 'spins' rather than dozens. Each item we get is most likely the result of a 'spin,' but we are getting hundreds of 'spins' this way.

I personally am behind the chart on the probe count, and have yet to get hugo (or the pumpkin, but I already have the pumpkin house, so not concerned there). So I am by no means guaranteed anything. Until a couple days ago I had not received anything other than event currency from the bags, but since then I have seen a couple donuts, a shrub, and a couple human test subjects, so they do show up eventually.
  • bosmanad
    45 posts
    edited October 2014
    These complaint threads are getting agonizing to read.

This game is free if you want limited content only. If you want to enjoy the full game, you need to buy donuts. This isn't rocket science.

This game requires the user to actually play it. If you want the Halloween content, you will need to check in on your town 2-3 times a day.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!