EA Forums - Banner

Beginning to feel like Easter a bit yet??

2Next

Replies

• annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Biggest difference BY FAR, in my opinion, is that what we do not win, we can purchase for donuts, and better still that the number of donuts decreases as we collect closer to obtaining the prize. Eg, Hugo was down to 11 donuts for me yesterday. A LOT better than at Easter when the premium items on the wheel would have remained at full price throughout.

Sucks to have to spend real money if that is the case for someone, but at LEAST we have an opportunity to be certain, from the start of the event, that there IS a way to get everything.

I see this as a series of three mini-events, which I think was brilliant planning.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    bosmanad wrote:
    These complaint threads are getting agonizing to read
    Then I suggest you don't read them.
    It's part of my job to read threads and make sure insults and screaming are kept to a minimum. You don't have to read them at all! Lucky you.
  • NickiElliott
    336 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Let me just say this. No random prize wheel.

This.

I get runs of no gold bags too, but tbh a lot of what I've needed has been from the bronze and silver bags. So far I've got a couple of Rigellian shrubs but no test subject etc. It doesn't sound like you're that far behind everyone else who hasn't used donuts tbh :)
  • checkeredman
    79 posts
    edited October 2014
    Let's see...

Haven't had to use 5 silver bags to buy one gold bag only to open it and find it contained a bronze bag!

Nope, I'm good. :P

EXACTLY!

• maryclaire1
    6024 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Let's see...

Haven't had to use 5 silver bags to buy one gold bag only to open it and find it contained a bronze bag!

:thumbup:
  • Khodro
    707 posts
    edited October 2014
    bosmanad wrote:
    These complaint threads are getting agonizing to read.

This game is free if you want limited content only. If you want to enjoy the full game, you need to buy donuts. This isn't rocket science.

This game requires the user to actually play it. If you want the Halloween content, you will need to check in on your town 2-3 times a day.

If you think this was bad, you should have seen during the easter.
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited October 2014

I was really hesitant to chime in on this discussion as I try to stay out of complaint threads. However, here is my two-cents:

1) I can understand the OP in the sense that you are randomly getting a random assortment of treats from bags that sometimes get randomly (you get them guaranteed from tasks, but only randomly from squishing Rigellians and shooting down UFOs). Because you are only getting a random set of treats that you have to collect, it is theoretically possible you would not earn enough of a certain treat to craft all items. In this sense, there is a degree of randomality to it, like the random stakes of a wheel (or Easter box)
    I disagree. The probability/chance aspect of Halloween 2014 is incredibly small if not negligible. Notice how everybody is getting Hugo around the same time? (And how few have got the Grand Pumpkin first/yet?) It's not by coincidence!

The reason for this is because one prize bag, in fact, contains like 7? 8? random events and we open a lot of prize bags (10+) a day. The result is that the craft item distribution we receive becomes highly normalized. This contrasts with Easter where many individuals had 1? or 2? random events a day and that was it. The randomness declines with larger sample size. Basic statistics as well as observation show Halloween is not comparable to Easter in terms of randomness.

So why the 3 bags and myriad of craft items if they do next to nothing? I guess the crafting adds to the flavor of a sci fi event of constructing something? Or again EA is bad with math, thought there would be a notable random aspect to the event, and made the event needlessly complicated.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited October 2014
    terend2013 wrote:
    So you mean to tell me that just because there is no "Wheel" per se in front of your face that there isn't a random "wheel" concept behind the scene?????

That's what we are telling you. One can be certain of a minimum number of fences/gummies/candy bars in their respective bags. You can buy the prizes with a knowable maximum number of treat bag purchases.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts."
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Let's see...

Hah! Well said :lol:
    terend2013 wrote:
    So you mean to tell me that just because there is no "Wheel" per se in front of your face that there isn't a random "wheel" concept behind the scene?????

That's what we are telling you. One can be certain of a minimum number of fences/gummies/candy bars in their respective bags. You can buy the prizes with a knowable maximum number of treat bag purchases.
    Or you can use donuts to complete your materials for crafting an item and skip purchasing treat bags entirely.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!