EA Forums - Banner

Hey EA!! Money making idea!!

110% couldn't agree more!!! I've only been playing since February so any old content I've bought w/o a second thought!

Replies

• roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    While I agree that it might be nice, I don't think EA would want to do it on a long-term basis - it would kind of eviscerate the "limited time" model that really motivates people to spend donuts at certain times.
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited October 2014
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    While I agree that it might be nice, I don't think EA would want to do it on a long-term basis - it would kind of eviscerate the "limited time" model that really motivates people to spend donuts at certain times.

Not really, the amount of free stuff they can and do turn around and sell for donuts is crazy.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I do agree it would be nice if they did a sale of old items more often, at this point in time i have everything released but there could always become a time when i miss out on something and would want it, so i do agree bring back old items

What an idea would be is a sale is done with any major update :) this way you know when a update lands that something from before would be on offer :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    When it comes to rereleasing old content, I think EA has to strike the right balance as to how often it happens and how much they release. If they were to release old items weekly for premium prices, demand would surely go down for those items since the items wouldn't be as rare as they are now with the old content released more sporadically. I am guessing they've got it figured out pretty well as to what will make them the most money over the long run.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • TzipiTzipora
    173 posts
    edited October 2014
    I'd like to see this too. Maybe not every weekend but more often. I only started playing sometime just after Easter (end of that event) and didnt start buying donuts until the last Gil sale so tons I missed out on. I by no means want everything (I'm honestly using money from a survey app on my iPad that earns iTunes gift cards otherwise I'm disabled so my income is too low and expenses too high to justify much game spending but I'm doing well with the app!) but there's a few things from the past I would just love to have. Especially characters.

Maybe even more garage sale type events? So more than one or two old items and maybe they stay for like a week? I agree that they will make money and I highly doubt they'll lose any because people will stop buying limited time items or something. Not at all, don't see that happening. Personally I buy what I like, whether its limited or not. If I don't like it, I don't buy it.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6357 posts Moderator
    edited October 2014
    It would be better if they also brought in a new exclusive item as well for all us veterans who just want more content.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited October 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I do agree it would be nice if they did a sale of old items more often, at this point in time i have everything released but there could always become a time when i miss out on something and would want it, so i do agree bring back old items

What an idea would be is a sale is done with any major update :) this way you know when a update lands that something from before would be on offer :)

yea especially if it's a returning event
  • Determined82
    97 posts
    edited October 2014
    Another idea for EA is skins for the houses for Halloween, not just Heck House. Maybe Flanders being covered in TP n skinners maybe egged etc
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    As long as it's not everything. Although there are things I'd like to have gotten, they have to leave some stuff special. Good idea, though. Maybe once a month or something, EA?
  • Determined82
    97 posts
    edited October 2014
    Any other ideas for updates etc?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.