EA Forums - Banner

Friend Leaderboard - get rid of it

Prev1
Obstacle? No way, I can go directly to whatever town I want to from the leaderboard. I adore it!

Replies

• bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I like the leaderboard, I don't see it as an obstacle at all either. You just click the back arrow and start visiting your friends as usual if you don't want to use it.
  • peppers2ndmo
    247 posts
    edited October 2014
    I like the board, since I can see which neighbors need some extra points to help them earn their prizes. It only takes a moment to click past, and we can go directly to a town from the board, which is an added benefit. I say, Keep It!
  • barryriddl474
    4814 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    As previously stated, board good.

EDIT: OP, you should add another option:
    No: I like the functionality of the board
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I only want it gone because I'm losing, badly (#15). :P The top person in my neighbor list has over 106k points while I'm dangling somewhere around 9k. It's not even a contest!
  • Crankerbell
    23 posts
    edited October 2014
    Although I don't care about the leaderboard at all, it doesn't bother me. It only takes one click to remove, so I don't see how that can be annoying.

• BrownMamba84
    40 posts
    edited October 2014
    I think it's pretty interesting. But I don't know the real incentive about being on top of the leaderboards, other than bragging rights.

At a certain point, after getting all the main prizes, people are just working towards getting more spooky walls, human test subjects, and multiple spooky houses and pumpkin houses.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    I only want it gone because I'm losing, badly (#15). :P
    I'm #30 on mine. I still love the board. I want a list that I can get to towns from all the time, wish the friends list worked like that.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Not the "king" but I love it! :mrgreen:
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    As previously stated, board good.

EDIT: OP, you should add another option:
    No: I like the functionality of the board

Functionality I like for going to towns quick. Wish I had contol over what stat controlled the ordering. Number of ray guns would be more useful right now.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    drumnman wrote:
    I'm #30 on mine. I still love the board. I want a list that I can get to towns from all the time, wish the friends list worked like that.

You're #8 on my list, Neuro! You must have some intense neighbors!
  • vic147
    615 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I think it's very usefull in terms browsing and entering towns.
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited October 2014
    OP, you are too extreme. There's no need to remove the board for that. Just ask EA not to have it open in the beginning. Literally <5 minute code change.

Personally, I like the board because it made it easy for me to find out which of my neighbors weren't active so I could delete them.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    drumnman wrote:

You're #8 on my list, Neuro! You must have some intense neighbors!
    sOmhvnt.gif
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Literally <5 minute code change.

I'm sure it's not that simple.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited October 2014
    I am no where near the top of my friends list, I'm running 17th at the moment, 1st place is never going to happen! Dont think i will even make 10th :lol:

I quite like the idea of the leaderboard as it lets you know who is active :) without having to keep checking their name
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • furrykiltman
    660 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I like it because when I send eggs out, I start at the top. They can afford to get them stolen. When I complete the prizes, I stop squishing Grem-aliens.
  • epolng
    298 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I have always disliked the whole notion of leader boards, especially in games like this where there is no winning or losing. While some of the functionality is nice (and I only just learned of it from this thread) I say get rid of it. Save the notion of a leader board for a game more geared for it. Just give the type of functionality for our regular friends visit / list.
  • TheThrashMan
    365 posts
    edited October 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Obstacle? No way, I can go directly to whatever town I want to from the leaderboard. I adore it!

I agree 100%!
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I am no where near the top of my friends list, I'm running 17th at the moment, 1st place is never going to happen! Dont think i will even make 10th :lol:

I quite like the idea of the leaderboard as it lets you know who is active :) without having to keep checking their name

You're right above me ATM :twisted: :lol:

My personal best is 16th. Top 10 are too far out of reach.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited October 2014
    bee88161 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

You're right above me ATM :twisted: :lol:

My personal best is 16th. Top 10 are too far out of reach.

Oh am i :D hehe Going to have to try and stay above you :P
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!