EA Forums - Banner

Enough with the notification (Stop doing things and come play with me).

Jesfer72 wrote:
I am getting sick and tired of the notification of Homers Stop doing things and come play with me. I get at least 20 of them a day some being only a minute apart. And all my notifications are turned off for the game. It's annoying and even wakes me up at night.

Go to settings and scroll down to Tapped Out, turn off local notifications.

Replies

• JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Oh boy, that made me laugh (sorry). Homer has woken me up a few times in the past. Worse though, is getting a loud one while having a serious conversation with someone. I messed my settings up somehow when I created multiple games. Now I no longer get the notifications I want, and do get the ones I don't. I'll get around to fixing it eventually... Try Tony's advice.
  • Roonil2
    215 posts
    edited December 2012
    I usually keep my device muted, but my son does not. So I've been awoken a few times by Homer yelling "Push No-ti-fi-ca-tion!"
  • childeharr
    235 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    But, doesn't this only happen if you have every character on a different timeline? I was under the impression (based on people's comments on the forum) that most people usually kept character timelines pretty consistent with one another. Granted, once or twice a day, you have to given in to character tasks that do not align themselves with the rest, but on average don't you just assign characters tasks that have the same timeframe so they all finish at the same time? Obviously, you have the right to do what you like with your own game. I just thought the prevailing idea was to keep character timelines consistent with one another.
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Roonil2 wrote:
    I usually keep my device muted, but my son does not. So I've been awoken a few times by Homer yelling "Push No-ti-fi-ca-tion!"

It makes a sound when you get a notification?!
  • Roonil2
    215 posts
    edited December 2012
    Roonil2 wrote:

It makes a sound when you get a notification?!

Yeah he says a couple of different things. Sometimes it's "better them than me". Or "mmmm crops". Or just "push notification" which usually makes me chuckle, it's so dumb. It's not as amusing at 2 in the morning.
    childeharr wrote:
    But, doesn't this only happen when you have every character on a different timeline?

That could very well be. My son is 10 and has a very haphazard approach to his task assignments. It makes me crazy.
  • Jesfer72
    90 posts
    edited December 2012
    All my notifications are off and I still get them. I can't mute mine I use my phone for an alarm.
  • vaicilajean
    102 posts
    edited December 2012
    Jesfer72 wrote:
    All my notifications are off and I still get them. I can't mute mine I use my phone for an alarm.

My alarms still make noise even when my phone is muted.

I've never had a noise push notification from Tapped Out, even when my phone isn't muted. Now I'm jealous (although not of the middle of the night wakings).
  • butterfly660
    229 posts
    edited December 2012
    Stop doing things and come play with me? Lol I dont think I've ever gotten that even once o_O

The only notifications I get are to say my tasks are done, and once in a blue moon the "you havent been to your springfield in a while blah blah"
  • butterfly660
    229 posts
    edited December 2012
    Jesfer72 wrote:

The alarm still goes off if your phone is muted :P
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!