EA Forums - Banner

What does the last update mean?

Very good observation.

This isn't a complaint: I've stopped buying the new level buildings in order to save my money. I only have 11 million. This halloween update is really getting my money to increase! Every 8 hours I put the kids on trick-or-treat, so may as well put the adults on 8 hour tasks too. It's getting me alot of money.

Replies

• lauriegator
    306 posts
    edited October 2014
    I am guessing that you are currently at Level 46 and likely leveled up in the last few days.

I have noticed that when you reach the current "top" level (which is Level 46 on 10/24/14) that the XP that you need increases also. If you are at Level 37, they do not increase the XP that you need to get to Level 38, it stays the same.

Back in the Olden Days, the highest level you could reach was Level 39. The XP number stayed the same for a long time. When they added level 40, they increased the XP.

Since you are now at the top of the food chain, it costs a lot more for buildings and you need more XP to level up. This is because of folks like me who are on our 3rd Halloween, have a ton of money, lots of buildings making money and lots of actions and buildings making more XP.

Welcome to the top! Enjoy the view, it is beautiful!
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Just makes it a bit rough for those of us who just recently hit the level cap and aren't sitting on mountains of money and several bonus levels...

Still, it's all good. I'm doing alright.
  • vic147
    615 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Lol, basically you jus answered your own question.
    Yes this move by EA is to forze people into buying donuts to increase
    our multipliers ( remember ****? They gave us I think it was 7% increase
    on the last 3 prizes.)
  • Samaranth01
    2182 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Adamcayce wrote:
    Very good observation.

This isn't a complaint: I've stopped buying the new level buildings in order to save my money. I only have 11 million. This halloween update is really getting my money to increase! Every 8 hours I put the kids on trick-or-treat, so may as well put the adults on 8 hour tasks too. It's getting me alot of money.

I've been doing the same thing since the event began. Just made sense to me having everyone on the same schedule in case I needed a character for something. When you you add in being able to tap my own buildings without having to worry about leaving my neighbors dry, I've been raking it in. :D
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    It's pretty much a standard thing in video games as a whole, that as you level up, it takes more experience to get to the next level. This isn't a cash grab by EA, they're doing it by the normal "rules".
  • LPNintendoITA
    11520 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    its ea answer to Donuts farming ;)
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • delegg629524
    337 posts
    edited October 2014
    its ea answer to Donuts farming ;)
    E-A-E-A-O
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    It's weird because before 46 came out, my next amount to level up was one million and something. After level 46 dropped it's 486,508 XP. Not really sure why some others are at 1.5 million...
  • furrykiltman
    661 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    Just makes it a bit rough for those of us who just recently hit the level cap and aren't sitting on mountains of money and several bonus levels...

Still, it's all good. I'm doing alright.

I started just before Easter, and felt the same way. Instead of ugly house farms, I built cul-de-sacs. Yeah not as much money produced, yet still have what I can call a town. You will eventually reach a point where you repeating levels multiple times. I think I did level 45 four or five times before the update.

Investing in multipliers is a good idea.
  • GrantDarov769
    51 posts
    edited October 2014
    for me it went from 486 000 to 1 500 000
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    jukan00 wrote:
    It's weird because before 46 came out, my next amount to level up was one million and something. After level 46 dropped it's 486,508 XP. Not really sure why some others are at 1.5 million...

(Quoting myself for context)
    All day I'm getting closer to leveling. I'm at 480,000 XP. Then when I log in one last time at night, it's changed to 1.5 million! Didn't even carry over the XP I had either.
    Wah wah. Oh EA.
    :)
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    jukan00 wrote:
    jukan00 wrote:

(Quoting myself for context)
    All day I'm getting closer to leveling. I'm at 480,000 XP. Then when I log in one last time at night, it's changed to 1.5 million! Didn't even carry over the XP I had either.
    Wah wah. Oh EA.
    :)
    That sucks. Knowing what we know now, it would've been a good idea to blow all your in game cash to quickly level up before the change..
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!