EA Forums - Banner

A year is long enough!

I've only been playing since April but i've not experienced anything like what you mentioned. You sure it's the game and not your device?

Replies

• NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited October 2014
    I've only been playing since April but i've not experienced anything like what you mentioned. You sure it's the game and not your device?

No its not I have also had this happen along with a lot of people on the forums. Homer each mentions it at the beginning of the Halloween questline so EA does know about it.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I've been playing since almost the beginning and I know what the OP is talking about too. I had this issue with my. iPad 2, and later with my iPad Air. It's most definitely not the device.

What I think it is, is that the game has a hard time loading all the textures at once when a town is too decorated. I could be wrong but it makes sense. When I did a redesign, there was a point when I didn't have that glitch, since my town was pretty empty. Once I started filling it in again the glitches started popping up.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    This is what I believe is likely to be happening:

They realized how big the game was getting, and to try to trim the amount of needed RAM, they implemented a streaming method where they stream in the part of your town that you're moving towards, which also may explain while we can't zoom out too far. It also may explain why it can take a second when you jump to another area, and the glitches like this. When you scroll into an area and your device can't feed the data fast enough, or more likely that the game can't deal with differences in speed of data transfer and it gets the wrong thing - or nothing at all - for a specific building/decoration.

Ok enough being geeky. I think I might be right, but I'm not sure. If I'm wrong, I'll buy you a donut. A real one, not in game. *

*Donut is non transferable, and must be picked up in person, or I will eat it myself. ;)
  • theslayer369
    2002 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    I've been playing since almost the beginning and I know what the OP is talking about too. I had this issue with my. iPad 2, and later with my iPad Air. It's most definitely not the device.

What I think it is, is that the game has a hard time loading all the textures at once when a town is too decorated. I could be wrong but it makes sense. When I did a redesign, there was a point when I didn't have that glitch, since my town was pretty empty. Once I started filling it in again the glitches started popping up.

I think this is right. I get this all the time and it has got worse since I've added more buildings.
  • 112789b
    158 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Before the blood on the logo update a few days ago scrolling was smooth, right after the update now its choppy, its definitely not peoples' devices.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.