EA Forums - Banner

Noooo! C'mon, not Booberella!

My guess is something to do with the clocks going back an hour maybe. Dunno why but i just think maybe something to do with that.However you on't have the donuts back that you spent buying Booberella which is not good.

Replies

  • pvrooden1024
    142 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I don't if this is related, but I found a bug that has to do with synchronising between devices, which started after the last android update.
    Essentially, if I play on my android phone, and then later switch to another device such as the ipad, the second devicenloads the curent sttaus, but can't save anything. It seems to aCt normally for a time, then gives the Bart scren, and when it reloads all action on the device are erased.
    I found that if I shutdown andd restart the ipad the problem is gone until the next time I switch devices, so it is some kind of memory problem, maybe with caches.
    Note that the android phone does not have this problem when I switch from ipad to phone.
    Bluestacks also seems to show this problem, but not consistently.
    So if you switched devices as above (switched from android to ipad, then bought Booberella and closed before the game could run into an error), that could be the problem.
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I bought the Heck House the other day, it downloaded Devil Flanders, then the Heck House, my iphone chose that moment to crash so I lost the house just as I was placing it.

    EA told me to contact Apple, Apple told me to contact EA......
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I bought the Heck House the other day, it downloaded Devil Flanders, then the Heck House, my iphone chose that moment to crash so I lost the house just as I was placing it.

    EA told me to contact Apple, Apple told me to contact EA......

    If you lost items, keep pestering EA. Keep contacting them till they ever reimburse you for the doughnuts or give you the item. If it fails to work, contact Apple, explain what happened and as for a refund on your balance. (Real money)
  • suetopia
    4225 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I bought the Heck House the other day, it downloaded Devil Flanders, then the Heck House, my iphone chose that moment to crash so I lost the house just as I was placing it.

    EA told me to contact Apple, Apple told me to contact EA......

    Because it is content related to TSTO, EA is the one who is technically responsible. The rep you got was likely either being lazy or doing a bad job. This is not the case with all EA Reps. Most that I have spoken with are quite helpful, and will gladly try to fix the problem. Try live chat or the call back option. Reference the first ticket you opened with this problem if it has been closed. Hopefully they will help you out this time. Apple is not likely to refund your money for in-app purchased content - but if all else fails it's worth a try.

    EDIT: Most importantly - be nice to the EA rep. If they say they are unable to help, ask nicely to speak with a supervisor, or someone who is able to. If you approach with an angry attitude they could possibly give you the run around again. They have to deal with a lot of angry people.

    OP- I hope this is helpful to you as well :D
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Thanks people for your help, I will get back to EA now. :D
  • suetopia
    4225 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Thanks people for your help, I will get back to EA now. :D

    Good luck! Let us know how it works out
    MonicaL9 wrote:
    Okay I'm extremely frustrated right now. About 2 hours ago I bought Booberella for my second town. Well her first task is milking a cow or what not and it was only 60 minutes long so I decided to put all open characters on 60 minute tasks as well in case her next task was conjoined with a fellow Speingfieldian. So I open my Springfield and the first thing I notice is everyone mindlessly walking around like they haven't been assigned a task yet. I start thinking to myself how weird that is so I start looking for Booberella to redo the 60 minute task and to my absolute horror, she's gone. I look at my donut stash and I am still missing 100 donuts so I figure she must be around here somewhere...cept she's not. WTH. I go to the build menu and sure as you know what I see her staring back at me. I'm so annoyed right now because I don't understand what exactly happened. I also remember a thread from the other day where someone said the same thing happened to them but instead of Booberella disappearing it was Witch Marge. Uuugghhh I really don't want to contact EA. Anyone else have this problem recently or does anyone have any cool tricks I might be able to try? It's just so weird that the last few hours got erased in my game. If you want to take Booberella away from me then fine, but at least give me my 100 donuts back. :evil:

    MonicaL9 - have you decided what you are going to do/any progress?
    I forgot to ask you if you had tried the common troubleshooting tricks (hard close game, log off then log back in, turn off device then turn back on, clear cache etc.). If you are out 100 donuts, you should definitely contact EA. It can be a pain in the you know what, but because it's actual money it really should be addressed. I hope all works out - keep us updated!
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited October 2014
    one other thing you could also try before contacting ea is nuking your town
    My guess is something to do with the clocks going back an hour maybe. Dunno why but i just think maybe something to do with that.However you on't have the donuts back that you spent buying Booberella which is not good.

    they don't get set back an hour until next sunday so it's not that
  • MonicaL9
    230 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Looks like I'll have to contact EA on this one. This morning I tried a hard game reset, logged out then in, and did a reset on my phone. Still no Booberella or 100 donuts. Going to try to contact them now and I'm assuming that it's to be a llooonnnggg wait. Last time I had to contact them it was on a Sunday as well and I waited 2 and a half hours for live chat. Here we go!

    Thank you for all your advice. I'll let you know how it goes, fingers crossed!
  • Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I take it that you checked the inventory and the town centre census.

    Last year, just after I bought her, she disappeared. After reading some posts about similar disappearances in other Springfield's, I followed their suggestions and found her:

    check all around your town in the "off limits" areas. I found mine floating on a cloud over the mountains on the left side of the town. Clicked on her and she was back. I will try to find a pic to show you. But in the meantime it might be worth a try.

    Good luck

    I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Zozobras wrote:
    fjDsQPSl.jpg

    Hope I did it right!
    I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • MonicaL9
    230 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    **UPDATE**

    Okay I just got finished with EAs Live Chat. I explained to them exactly what happened and they looked at my back up files or whatever they are called and could find Absolutely NO record of me having purchased Booberella. It's like she came to my town, took my donuts, and vanished into who knows where. Anyways, they ended up putting Booberella back in my town so in the end no harm done.

    But how weird is that?! I don't understand how that could have happened. It also makes me nervous to try to buy anything else because I don't want the same thing to happen. EA probably wouldn't believe me if I called back with the same problem.

    oh and I will say this, I did have an amazing customer support agent helping me. Last time I called Ea I had a lot of problems communicating with their agents but this time was really easy.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited October 2014
    Zozobras wrote:
    Zozobras wrote:
    fjDsQPSl.jpg

    Hope I did it right!

    That is an excellent pic!! It truly illustrates your point!!

    What a unique spot for her to be located in. And last year we did not have the census yet, so it would have been really difficult to find her then. That is pretty amazing!! I wonder if that has ever happened to you with any other characters?
  • MonicaL9
    230 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Zozobras wrote:
    I take it that you checked the inventory and the town centre census.

    Last year, just after I bought her, she disappeared. After reading some posts about similar disappearances in other Springfield's, I followed their suggestions and found her:

    check all around your town in the "off limits" areas. I found mine floating on a cloud over the mountains on the left side of the town. Clicked on her and she was back. I will try to find a pic to show you. But in the meantime it might be worth a try.

    Good luck

    That is so crazy! I thought I looked all over my town for her but I definitely didn't look to see if she was floating around. lol the picture is awesome
  • GamerPerfection
    208 posts
    edited October 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    one other thing you could also try before contacting ea is nuking your town
    My guess is something to do with the clocks going back an hour maybe. Dunno why but i just think maybe something to do with that.However you on't have the donuts back that you spent buying Booberella which is not good.

    they don't get set back an hour until next sunday so it's not that

    Depends where the servers are I guess because in the UK the clocks have gone back an hour this weekend.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited October 2014
    MonicaL9 wrote:
    Zozobras wrote:
    I take it that you checked the inventory and the town centre census.

    Last year, just after I bought her, she disappeared. After reading some posts about similar disappearances in other Springfield's, I followed their suggestions and found her:

    check all around your town in the "off limits" areas. I found mine floating on a cloud over the mountains on the left side of the town. Clicked on her and she was back. I will try to find a pic to show you. But in the meantime it might be worth a try.


    That is so crazy! I thought I looked all over my town for her but I definitely didn't look to see if she was floating around. lol the picture is awesome

    Yeah, that is exactly what I thought. If I had not seen the pic myself, I would never have imagined that is what "over the mountains floating in the clouds" meant, LOL.

    OP, congrats on a positive resolution to your problem!!

    From your sig, I see that you are a freemium player. So I wonder if EA credited you Boobarella with donuts you earned completely through game play? If so, that is awesome!! I did not call or follow up before when I had issues first starting out because I was afraid EA would not help me with donuts I did not purchase. I have also discouraged others from following up for that same reason. But in hindsight I regret not at least giving it a shot to see if they would do anything. Since then I have purchased donuts and only contacted them when I had issues with those actual purchases. So I am just trying to say I am only asking for the knowledge to have in the future, not because I am partial any way to freemium vs premium.
  • MonicaL9
    230 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    bradyc79 wrote:
    MonicaL9 wrote:
    Zozobras wrote:
    I take it that you checked the inventory and the town centre census.

    Last year, just after I bought her, she disappeared. After reading some posts about similar disappearances in other Springfield's, I followed their suggestions and found her:

    check all around your town in the "off limits" areas. I found mine floating on a cloud over the mountains on the left side of the town. Clicked on her and she was back. I will try to find a pic to show you. But in the meantime it might be worth a try.


    That is so crazy! I thought I looked all over my town for her but I definitely didn't look to see if she was floating around. lol the picture is awesome

    Yeah, that is exactly what I thought. If I had not seen the pic myself, I would never have imagined that is what "over the mountains floating in the clouds" meant, LOL.

    OP, congrats on a positive resolution to your problem!!

    From your sig, I see that you are a freemium player. So I wonder if EA credited you Boobarella with donuts you earned completely through game play? If so, that is awesome!! I did not call or follow up before when I had issues first starting out because I was afraid EA would not help me with donuts I did not purchase. I have also discouraged others from following up for that same reason. But in hindsight I regret not at least giving it a shot to see if they would do anything. Since then I have purchased donuts and only contacted them when I had issues with those actual purchases. So I am just trying to say I am only asking for the knowledge to have in the future, not because I am partial any way to freemium vs premium.

    Thank you!

    Yes, in that town (my second) I am 100% freemium (in my main town, which is the screen name I use for the forums and has the sig, I'm like 90% freemium. Maybe I should change my sig to reflect that lol) and they did credit me back Booberella which is amazing. Even if you are a freemium player I would definitely try contacting them no matter what. I had a similar problem with my main town and spoke with a number of customer service agents who wouldn't refund me, but I kept at it and finally was connected to someone who understood that what happened wasn't my fault and refunded me back my donuts. So i also think it makes a difference on which agent or advisor you get.

    Hope that helps for future reference :) doesn't hurt to at least try, worst thing they can say is no ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!