EA Forums - Banner

Sim City Build It: Discussion

Did not know this existed! Looks nice!

Gotta try it sometime.

Replies

• juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I didn't even know it had been made! Is it any good? and is it doable even if you're playing freemium?
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    After a week of playing so far, I have not felt the need to spend any money yet, and I am addicted. It seems not many people have heard of it yet. I'm curious about why it had such a soft launch.
  • brandonl1226
    5831 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I've noticed this app and I'll download it and play it when I have more time. Controlling one town is hard enough at the moment.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    This looks wicked, but ill have to wait for wifi to download it :(
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I might download this after my holiday, although I can't see myself playing it as much as TSTO because I kind of feel forced into playing that now lol!
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Honestly with TSTO, since family guy came out, I personally feel its lost its knack. Can you see how each have been slightly been copying each other in terms of how things are released and how game play has changed. There battling each other hard already.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    The freemium building genre is definitely expanding, and many of them are outright clones of TSTO. I wouldn't include this builder as one of them. For one thing, its 3D, and more graphically advanced. Looks like the Sim City game from last year, but it feels like a freemium builder. It doesn't rely on nostalgic cartoon licenses to compel you to get stuff you don't need. It only asks for your money if you would like to speed up processes.

There is no real reason to burn through it quickly, and yet, there are hardly any lulls in gameplay, as you can always be building materials to sell, and respond to sims' opinions in order to get expansions.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    The freemium building genre is definitely expanding, and many of them are outright clones of TSTO. I wouldn't include this builder as one of them. For one thing, its 3D, and more graphically advanced. Looks like the Sim City game from last year, but it feels like a freemium builder. It doesn't rely on nostalgic cartoon licenses to compel you to get stuff you don't need. It only asks for your money if you would like to speed up processes.

There is no real reason to burn through it quickly, and yet, there are hardly any lulls in gameplay, as you can always be building materials to sell, and respond to sims' opinions in order to get expansions.

It's not like megapolis is it?
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:

It's not like megapolis is it?
    I'm not sure... It might be... But way better. :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!