EA Forums - Banner

It took donuts straight away with no building preview EURGH!?

Hmmm.. I've not had an issue, and I do it all the time.

BTW, it's helpful to have the donut confirmation turned on to avoid inadvertently spending donuts.

Replies

• NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited November 2014
    You might have double tapped by accident. If I were you I would contact EA support maybe they can get you a refund.
  • vic147
    615 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    It happened to me as well, I really wanted the supercollider and black hole, after every update
    I always double check the donut spend confirmation. And when I did the preview it wen to my
    inventory the moment I toched the supercollider, and the donuts were deducted from my acount.
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited November 2014
    Looks to me like your donut spend confirmation is off. Can I ask why you wouldn't want the Supercollider? I think it looks great.
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I have heard of this happening before (even with the confirm donuts button on). I think it may be some sort of a weird glitch. I hope you get your donuts back - hopefully EA will correct this mistake. Good luck!
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Looks to me like your donut spend confirmation is off. Can I ask why you wouldn't want the Supercollider? I think it looks great.

While I agree that the Super Collider is awesome (I bought it instantly), your question really isn't relevant to the OP's issue. Whether he should want it or not is a whole other thread.
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited November 2014
    I flirted with it buying it and had no such trouble.
  • tyleerxo
    234 posts Member
    edited November 2014

My donut confirmation has always been off but it still allowed me to preview the buildings instead of going straight into my inventory.

It looks okay, there are just other things I think look better.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I've seen people do this before ("previewing" a building) and have never understood why.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited November 2014
    I have all premium items and I have never been able to preview the building. You click it and it says "are you sure you want to spend the donuts" and then you click yes and you have it. No preview of the building. That's why you'll find a lot of threads that ask about sizes of premium buildings and such because there isn't a preview.
  • Schooze
    5 posts
    edited November 2014
    It's because there are two items the Supercollider and the Black Hole. The same thing happened to me with the Teleports, Putting on the Donut Spend Conformation would have made it pop up asking if you really want to spend the donuts, but you never get the option to preview anything because there are two different items.
  • jankrohn
    197 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Next time this happens do the following:

Disconnect from Wifi immediately. Then reinstall the app.

That will undo the purchase.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    When I bought it, I didn't get to preview it, but it did ask me to confirm spending the donuts.

I think the lack of preview is just with the supercollider, presumably because it puts both a building and decoration into your inventory at once.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited November 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    When I bought it, I didn't get to preview it, but it did ask me to confirm spending the donuts.

I think the lack of preview is just with the supercollider, presumably because it puts both a building and decoration into your inventory at once.

How odd, I never get previews ever :( it always just asks the confirm.
  • cobrastang69
    168 posts
    edited November 2014
    tyleerxo wrote:
    Eurgh 🎃🎃🎃🎃 is going on. Normally every time you go to buy a premium building it shows you a preview of what it looks like, then you can click the tick or the cross. I always do this to see the size of the building, how it will look in my town etc etc i'm sure most of you do the same...

So i just tried doing this with the Supercollider and black hole and BAM they took the donuts straight away and it went right into my inventory.. I DON'T WANT THIS BUILDING :(

So i'm guessing we can't do the previews anymore? Which sucks massively. Guess this is a lesson to be learnt :(
    Same thing happened here :(
  • philiweiss
    378 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Might also have to do with it being a limited time item. Just like those Gill deals that don't ask if you are sure. I believe that happened with 🎃🎃🎃🎃 items too.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I have all premium items and I have never been able to preview the building. You click it and it says "are you sure you want to spend the donuts" and then you click yes and you have it. No preview of the building. That's why you'll find a lot of threads that ask about sizes of premium buildings and such because there isn't a preview.

My experience with premium items and buildings is: Tap on it in the store. The game enters placement mode. I see a ghost image of the building. This is the preview. I can move it around and see how it will fit in. If I don't want it, I tap x and no donuts are spent. If I do want it, I tap the check and it asks me to confirm.
  • Mirality
    251 posts
    edited November 2014
    maxeerg wrote:

My experience with premium items and buildings is: Tap on it in the store. The game enters placement mode. I see a ghost image of the building. This is the preview. I can move it around and see how it will fit in. If I don't want it, I tap x and no donuts are spent. If I do want it, I tap the check and it asks me to confirm.
    It only does that for single buildings. Not for bundles.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!