EA Forums - Banner

Simpsorama

Prev13
Someone influent said there were legal issues for futurama characters to appear in TSTO at the moment, but they may have resolved it, or maybe it was only a way to deceive us and drop the big surprise. Anyway I'd buy everything from a futurama tie-in.

Replies

• rexbanner888
    102 posts
    edited November 2014
    maybe only bender and some bilboard, but i hope for moooooooore
  • roxypup
    313 posts
    edited November 2014
    640px-Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
  • rasmusreckew
    68 posts
    edited November 2014
    roxypup wrote:

+1
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I'd like fry for free

Suicide booth with bender - 250$
    Professor with planet express building - 2000$
    Leela with planet express ship for free

• Annathewicked
    4722 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Yep, said they could t do it for legal issues...... Kinda doubt it.... Not saying I wouldn't want it- but it seems doubtful
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • ZennGlenn
    1767 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Bring It On Baby!!! ...(Everything please :P )
    Ifonlythereweresuicidebooths_1983e55c35ec467ce3b46c5e74bce62c_zpswxotlv7a.gif
    ...Nibbler certainly would fit nicely w/Halloween SciFi Aliens :mrgreen:
    images-263_zpsc1e783a7.jpeg
    And would be glad to have Prof. Farnsworth to pal around
    funking things up w/ Frink 8)
    images-265_zpsa0902b88.jpeg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited November 2014
    I'm still hopeful, especially with the recent Bender cameo.

I'd love Zoidberg with his dumpster, Farnsworth with the Planet Express Building, Leela with the Planet Express ship, Bender with a suicide booth and Fry for free cos I can't think of what he'd go with, a Slurm vending machine maybe. And then a Calculon billboard, maybe Mom Co with Mom and her sons.

It'd be a huge waste if they didnt, some serious money to be lost. Fingers crossed they figure out whatever legal issues there were, cos I doubt we'd ever get a Futurama tapped out.
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited November 2014
    If Bender made that cameo already in the game, I would say the legal issues are no longer an obstacle.
  • checkeredman
    79 posts
    edited November 2014
    I've always said I think it'd be great if we could get a whole Futurama expansion to TSTO ala Krusyland. We get the cryogenics building for our SF and when tapped on can take us to New New York.

I'm not delusional to think that'll happen, I'd like to see us get a playable Bender character for the tie in. That'd be great.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited November 2014
    If they do a tie in we'd probably just get a building and decorations or just decorations but if we were to get characters we'd only get one and that'd be Bender since he's the only one(Besides Fry's couch gag cameo) who has appeared on the show before and probably would be premium
  • Jetsonsclo700
    62 posts
    edited November 2014
    I thought they were in the tubes.
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    If Family Guy can have an American Dad! event, why can't The Simpsons do a small Futurama tie-in? I understand TQFS is supposed to be more irrelevant so they're allowed to have more random characters, but Seth McFarlane also created both FG and AD. If they can't do a tie-in, why not give Futurama it's own tapped-out style game?
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited November 2014
    If Family Guy can have an American Dad! event, why can't The Simpsons do a small Futurama tie-in? I understand TQFS is supposed to be more irrelevant so they're allowed to have more random characters, but Seth McFarlane also created both FG and AD. If they can't do a tie-in, why not give Futurama it's own tapped-out style game?

I dont know how theyd do a Futurama game, most of the show takes place off world. It'd be tricky to build and expand.
  • ZennGlenn
    1767 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Well, I already chimed in but can't resist tossing my further 2cents on productive conversation....
    This is All Fox property & they have the rights to work out any & all legal humbug, as well as both these shows are Groening... It would be utterly foolish to not take advantage of what could be done here :shock:
    I would think any Fox /Groening execs along w/EA would be lathering at the mouth for financial gain on doing as much as can be created with any tie-in and possible additional tapped out portals or separate Futurama game...
    The Simpsorama universe is endless :!:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    ZennGlenn wrote:
    ...This is All Fox property
    Actually, Comedy Central/Viacom have had the rights to Futurama for the past several years. I'm sure this is where at least some of the problems lie.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    ZennGlenn wrote:
    Actually, Comedy Central/Viacom have had the rights to Futurama for the past several years. I'm sure this is where at least some of the problems lie.

If they held an actual ownership stake in the show that would make sense but they only hold only the syndication rights to the show. Everything else is still held by Fox and Goening, and Groening holds all of the creative rights making anything involving the show directly involve him.
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    roxypup wrote:

+1

+2

lol. i didn't even read the thread, but this is how i feel if Futurama is coming to TSTO.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited November 2014
    whatever they do I hope it isn't needed to move on or anything. I don't want Futurama Characters in my SF.
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    whatever they do I hope it isn't needed to move on or anything. I don't want Futurama Characters in my SF.

Agree. But I wouldn't be against them making it available for premium purchase - just don't require anyone to get it in order to progress through the levels if they'd rather only have Simpsons content.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    ZennGlenn wrote:
    ... they only hold only the syndication rights to the show.
    That's not true. The last three (or was it two?) seasons of the show were made by Comedy Central. (They also aired the movies before picking up the show for new episodes.) As far as I know, those episodes never aired on Fox.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.