EA Forums - Banner

Bernice argue glitch

I'm not that far along in the game, but I'm having similar issues. I've been noting down the time for tasks so I know when to come back and things will end earlier or later than they should have. My friend's towns reset 2 hours early 1 day.

Replies

• casbythoug530
    156 posts
    edited November 2014
    One thing I've noticed about joint tasks is that if the characters are on opposite sides of your town, the joint task won't start until they reach each other (similar to if you assign Homer or Lisa to the 6sec cleanup job, sometimes very remote debris make the characters get baffled) This also happens to the SmithersBurns bike riding...and perhaps a solo indoor task if building is super remote.

The hour difference might have been due to the clocks changing because of Daylight Savings time (if it happened on Sunday)
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I searched and couldn't find anywhere in this. I was wondering if other people have this problem or if it's my device. Every time I set Bernice and Dr. Hibbert on the 8 hr argue task they always start late. I'll check my town 8 hrs later and everyone else is done but they usually still have a couple hours to go. Anyone else?

Not me, I've run that task pretty much continually since ToH started. Haven't noticed any issues.
  • brittannie54
    175 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the responses. It must just be my device. I know it's not the time change because it's been going on for months and the time difference is several hours off.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    One thing I've noticed about joint tasks is that if the characters are on opposite sides of your town, the joint task won't start until they reach each other (similar to if you assign Homer or Lisa to the 6sec cleanup job, sometimes very remote debris make the characters get baffled) This also happens to the SmithersBurns bike riding...and perhaps a solo indoor task if building is super remote.

The hour difference might have been due to the clocks changing because of Daylight Savings time (if it happened on Sunday)

This is part of the problem. Sometimes on the joint outdoor tasks if you exit your device while the charecters are looking for each other they never meet up to start the task. I think if you resync before closing it avoids this issue.
  • Samaranth01
    2183 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I've them on that task continually with this event with no problems. There was a time or two in the past, however, when I had Smithers and Burns on their 1hour exercise task. When I went back to collect, everyone else was ready but their task still said 1 hour to go.
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    KillaSqirl wrote:

This is part of the problem. Sometimes on the joint outdoor tasks if you exit your device while the charecters are looking for each other they never meet up to start the task. I think if you resync before closing it avoids this issue.

yes, there's just this slight delay for the two characters to meet-up. other than that, i haven't had this problem with Bernice or any other joint-task characters.

to OP - is the payout still the same for Bernice and Dr. Hibbert if their joint-task lasts an extra few hours?
  • brittannie54
    175 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    The payout is still the regular for a dual 8 hr task. They usually aren't my last characters to set on tasks so I assume they've probably met up, but maybe that's the issue and I need to give it more time.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I have noticed that sometimes the pathfinding can get confused. I've seen characters wandering around in circles. Maybe Hibbert and Bernice are getting stuck. If you're on iPad, try pulling down the notifications from the top of the screen. When I do that, it causes the game to freeze. When I push the notifications back up, characters warp to their task sites. If on Android, try going to Krustyland and back. Find the couple and tap them to confirm that the task has started. If you still have the problem, then something else is likely the culprit.
  • brittannie54
    175 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the advice!
  • epolng
    298 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I was having that consistently with Flanders and Rex Banner on their 8 hour task. I would take everybody off task in the morning and they would be stuck at 7 hrs 59 min. When I put them on the task I started following them to make sure they met up and actually started the timer on it. Since this event has started I have not had this problem.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.