EA Forums - Banner

Mutant Rabbit

Replies

• panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited November 2014
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    If EA's smart, they'll send out free donuts to the people who bought the rabbit as an apology for the delay.

Gotta say I'm doubtful, though.

Some that contacted ea got 10 donuts.

Not worth waiting an hour or more for live chat for the possibility at 10 donuts. If it was a certainty, maybe...

YEAH, and it's not. I waited 80 + mins earlier today (I was working on my computer though anyway so no big deal) and got nothing.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    v8vTwpdl.png
    it clearly says: Don't feed after Midnight! it's not midnight yet.

If this is the case then I was right about them going by their usual midnight EA Server Time, or 9 AM GMT/4 AM EDT/1 AM PDT...most of the buyers won't get to utilize it until tomorrow morning at the earliest unless they are night owls :roll:

That makes no sense. It said it requires nov 10 to unlock. So it should have been unlocked today. If it is tomorrow they are causing confusion for no reason.

If it's 1 minute or 1 second before the stroke of midnight server time it's still "November 10th" to the server...even if it's "tomorrow" to you and almost every other player in the world it's still "November 10th" to the server.

And frankly, this might be the one time where it's been the other way around and things are set to start just after midnight not just before midnight.

We will find out in another seven hours and six minutes...

Or, it's exactly what EA support has told multiple players. That is has been delayed.

EA support has been noted as being ignorant of what is going on...but to be blunt I am not sure this is even the case. Sorry, but I don't believe this was meant to be set in motion until just before the stroke of midnight EA time...as much as people believe EA to be wrong, even if it starts 1 second before midnight server time it's still right. Sorry if server time and local time are not in synch but this has been noted time and again...

I also want to add that "delayed" might be mistranslated by the EA support person...it simply hasn't started yet, but it doesn't mean that it was supposed to start already. A "delayed" start might mean exactly what I was talking about before- it isn't supposed to start until the very end of the server's day, but it'll trigger at a given point.

And if I am wrong I'll personally apologize to you for doubting you and being capricious about it, you can quote this as well to ensure that I do. 8)
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited November 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    v8vTwpdl.png
    it clearly says: Don't feed after Midnight! it's not midnight yet.

If this is the case then I was right about them going by their usual midnight EA Server Time, or 9 AM GMT/4 AM EDT/1 AM PDT...most of the buyers won't get to utilize it until tomorrow morning at the earliest unless they are night owls :roll:

That makes no sense. It said it requires nov 10 to unlock. So it should have been unlocked today. If it is tomorrow they are causing confusion for no reason.

If it's 1 minute or 1 second before the stroke of midnight server time it's still "November 10th" to the server...even if it's "tomorrow" to you and almost every other player in the world it's still "November 10th" to the server.

And frankly, this might be the one time where it's been the other way around and things are set to start just after midnight not just before midnight.

We will find out in another seven hours and six minutes...

Or, it's exactly what EA support has told multiple players. That is has been delayed.

EA support has been noted as being ignorant of what is going on...but to be blunt I am not sure this is even the case. Sorry, but I don't believe this was meant to be set in motion until just before the stroke of midnight EA time...as much as people believe EA to be wrong, even if it starts 1 second before midnight server time it's still right. Sorry if server time and local time are not in synch but this has been noted time and again...

True, but I don't know why you would know any better then they do. That is my point. The point is that it says Nov 10, and it's not there so obviously it's just not released yet. Which has made it annoying, and unnecessarily confusing. As an added note, server time has never been an issue for me because I am in AB so server time isn't really a thing for me. I have never noticed it before. If this is a thing where it's supposed to be Nov 11 midnight then fine. I guess I'll just play at 1 am (not cuz I am crazy cuz I'll be up all night writing a paper). But then the requirement should be "Nov 11" I just don't see why they would say Nov 10 and then release it at 11:59pm, that's kinda dumb.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    True, but I don't know why you would know any better then they do. That is my point. The point is that it says Nov 10, and it's not there so obviously it's just not released yet. Which has made it annoying, and unnecessarily confusing. As an added note, server time has never been an issue for me because I am in AB so server time isn't really a thing for me. I have never noticed it before. If this is a thing where it's supposed to be Nov 11 midnight then fine. I guess I'll just play at 1 am (not cuz I am crazy cuz I'll be up all night writing a paper). But then the requirement should be "Nov 11" I just don't see why they would say Nov 10 and then release it at 11:59pm, that's kinda dumb.

See my edit...
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited November 2014
    efin98 wrote:

I also want to add that "delayed" might be mistranslated by the EA support person...it simply hasn't started yet, but it doesn't mean that it was supposed to start already. A "delayed" start might mean exactly what I was talking about before- it isn't supposed to start until the very end of the server's day, but it'll trigger at a given point.

And if I am wrong I'll personally apologize to you for doubting you and being capricious about it, you can quote this as well to ensure that I do. 8)

LOL, I don't want an apology from you. I am just saying it makes no sense whether you are right or wrong. It is also frustrating that EA SUPPORT HELP is F'ing useless. And they didn't say delayed they said

"Vaibhav
    Okay I would like to inform you that nov 10 requirement is a graphical error the requirement is not settled by the studios at the time.

you
    ugh. "

and that took forever cuz the person went away for like 10 mins in between then came back. No clue WTH he was doing.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11652 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Zomboy716 wrote:
    you: I dont know if you can anwser this but, do you know if there will be anymore Treehouse of Horror content possibly added before the event ends?

Satyam: I am really sorry but there is no possibility to add more "Treehouse of Horror content".

you: So all halloween items in the store as of now are the final ones of this event

Satyam: Yes, as per update now these are last but might be change in future.
    so no new content to be added to the THOH, but possibly other old items is possible (Raven for example). Good for anyone that missed those. so probably an extension of the event for a few days in that case?
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    ... Or he has the standard TSTO "store" mixed up with the Craft store, and meant there won't be any further craft items (eg, Diet Sign and UBO can't be "crafted" like the hovercopter was if we didn't earn it by the end of the stage.)

Probably not what he meant, but its possible. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that many of the customer service people don't play the game. At least SOME of them must be too busy in RL to play mobile games.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I'd like to address an issue that's being completely ignored here...

In the episode the rabbits mutated into Bart-gremlins...

Then they started evolving!

Perhaps ours will do the same over time? Maybe not right away, but say next October they become something else that's relevant to the Tree House of Horror update? And maybe we'll all be going "Oh, I'm so glad I bought the mutant rabbit last year for just 75 donuts, because now it's SO HELPFUL in doing the __________ task with ___________, and it would cost so much more this year..."

'Cause if I were the game runner that's exactly what I'd do... (But then I have an evil bent to my mind :twisted: )
  • pvrooden1024
    142 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I re-installed the game to try it out but the icon is still blank.
    So that advice from the chat was no use.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    So my rabbit finally finished the most recent Multiply task I had it on and I was able to look at its task list for myself...

It says:

Mutate
    Time: 8h
    Requires: Nov 10, 2014

Typically, when a task requires something like, oh, Barney's Bowlarama, that means it has to be finished. So if you were still building Barney's Bowlarama you wouldn't be able to start the task - until it finished building. If you look at it that way, then Nov 10th hasn't finished building yet.

We'll find out in a few minutes...
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Quest has unlocked!
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Quest has unlocked!
    Not for me it hasn't. 2:09 AM Central Time here and still has a lock sign on it.

Does it maybe require Matt Groening to be free as well? Or Bart?
  • ZennGlenn
    1766 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Stroke of midnight PST as I was opening treat bags,
    Bart notified 'time to mutate bunnies!' :mrgreen:
    ...(mine are busy for a couple more hrs though)
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Oh, and some more Rabbit icon weirdness...

For several minutes the icon wasn't just a random image - it kept changing, like it was copying whatever was near it. It's stopped now and is just a blank circle again.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Quest has unlocked!

Yep. It triggered at 12:02am here in California. Now I have green Bart-looking guy. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    wadebear wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Quest has unlocked!
    Not for me it hasn't. 2:09 AM Central Time here and still has a lock sign on it.

Does it maybe require Matt Groening to be free as well? Or Bart?
    Nope, it auto-triggered for me. Lisa said all the rabbits disappeared every twelve hours and Bart said the Spucklers seemed to be eating them, which was okay because the rabbits weren't him. Then I was able to mutate.

vUErW09.png?1
    ^Turns into this and wanders around.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    ZennGlenn wrote:
    Stroke of midnight PST as I was opening treat bags,
    Bart notified 'time to mutate bunnies!' :mrgreen:
    ...(mine are busy for a couple more hrs though)

Aha! Unfortunately all my characters are busy until 5:17 AM...

I don't want to bread anyone out of a task, so I'll just wait until then. I've got work to do anyway.

Edit...

Real Aha! I hit the freind button and popped over to my neighborhood, then came back...

Viola! My rabbit is now a little green alien.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Quest has unlocked!

Same! :mrgreen:
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Just after midnight Pacific time...guess the EA servers are on the same time year round and appear as Alaska time due to Daylight Savings Time.
  • thatdonald845
    1606 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I want to squish it.

200.gif
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.