EA Forums - Banner

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

My take is that it depends on who your talking to. If you know that that person celebrates Christmas, well then Merry Christmas away.

If not, Happy Holidays all the way.

I don't celebrate it myself, but I don't go all out of whack if someone wishes me a Merry Christmas.

Replies

• outerdragon
    36 posts
    edited December 2012
    Merry christmas all the way for me. Btw Merry christmas to all of you :)
  • roadrunner1132
    73 posts
    edited December 2012
    Merry christmas, accept no alternative
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    My take is that it depends on who your talking to. If you know that that person celebrates Christmas, well then Merry Christmas away.

If not, Happy Holidays all the way.
    This is how I feel.
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited December 2012
    I prefer happy holidays. I know so many people that don't celebrate Christmas, so its easier for me to just have "happy holidays" as my automatic December greeting rather than switch about and specify which holiday for which person. To my closest family I guess I usually say merry Christmas, the ones I actually celebrate Christmas with. And when I'm in jersey I sometimes say happy Hanukkah if its a close friend or an intimate conversation, but other than those specific times it's just easier to say happy holidays. In public settings with strangers, for instance the cashier at a toy store, I'll always say have a wonderful holiday.
    More often than not, I'll take the PC approach to something if its possible.

Edited to add: I was the one who made a thread on Krusty getting left out of the holiday fun and wondering if they'd let him have a little Hanukkah quest with his dad. I'm surprised they didn't give any kind of nod toward Hanukkah whatsoever... Well actually not surprised, but a little disappointed.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!