EA Forums - Banner

46MB Update for Google Play

jukan00
2308 posts Member
jukan00 wrote:
Just got a 46MB update for my game via Play store. I'm sure it's just bug fixes, etc. But geez. I'm literally going to have to buy a new phone soon if I want to continue to play this game.

thanks for the heads up hopefully it's the scrolling issue but google play never seems to mention what bugs are fixed. usualy alls i have to do is just clear the game data

Replies

• jukan00
    2308 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    jukan00 wrote:
    Just got a 46MB update for my game via Play store. I'm sure it's just bug fixes, etc. But geez. I'm literally going to have to buy a new phone soon if I want to continue to play this game.

thanks for the heads up hopefully it's the scrolling issue but google play never seems to mention what bugs are fixed. usualy alls i have to do is just clear the game data

Tried clearing data. Had to resort to an uninstall/reinstall. :lol:
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited November 2014
    jukan00 wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:
    jukan00 wrote:

Tried clearing data. Had to resort to an uninstall/reinstall. :lol:

that sucks
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3002 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    It told me I need to update but will not access the link. Tried to do through Play Store but it is not showing an update.
  • jukan00
    2308 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    It won't even let me install it now. Says cannot install to usb storage or sd card. Both have gigabytes of free room.
  • simplywand229
    46 posts
    edited November 2014
    Has anyone noticed every time they update you find yourself getting rid of stuff on your phone just to recieve a few changes to the game? Feel like a person trying to figure out what I can throw overboard to keep the boat afloat. Pictures of my cute nieces... download to computer and trashed on phone. Random game I sometimes played... uninstalled. All the crap that comes preinstalled but Samsung won't let me get rid of... still there... After all that, sometimes you still don't have enough space so you have to uninstall and reinstall... I both anticipate and dread events because of this =/
  • jukan00
    2308 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Has anyone noticed every time they update you find yourself getting rid of stuff on your phone just to recieve a few changes to the game? Feel like a person trying to figure out what I can throw overboard to keep the boat afloat. Pictures of my cute nieces... download to computer and trashed on phone. Random game I sometimes played... uninstalled. All the crap that comes preinstalled but Samsung won't let me get rid of... still there... After all that, sometimes you still don't have enough space so you have to uninstall and reinstall... I both anticipate and dread events because of this =/

Yes! Definitely. For Halloween I got rid of Skype, Google Earth, some other apps. Yet I can see I have plenty of room. It doesn't make any sense. My wife has an iphone and she has to do the same thing so I don't think it's a platform issue.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited November 2014

i haven't had to in awhile i don't mind having to clear my games data if it's for a content update but i think it wouldn't be right if i had to just for bug fixes
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3002 posts Member
    edited November 2014

DH and I decided the next time we upgrade we're buying our own phones. Love the Samsung...hate the AT&T preloads!

I too just had to download all pics of my kids onto the pc and dump them off my phone. Sucks cause I like using my phone as a portable photo album. Not that I'm a showoff but people I haven't seen in a while ask to see pictures and it's nice to have them right there.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11277 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    there's no update available :o
  • Smurfercom
    158 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Seems the i pad has all the glory glitches, updated through the i
    pad and never got prompted to force update through the Z1S android.
  • jukan00
    2308 posts Member
    edited November 2014

When I tried to open the app it took me to that annoying - "update availbabe want want want!" message. Had to go into google play. It was there. I always keep up on the updates so it wasn't like one from 10 days ago that we had (I already did that one).

Edit- While this has all been going on, I've backed up my usb storage and sd card to my pc, transferred copies of that to an external drive. Deleted everything I could. Pulled the battery, powercycled numerous times. Always got the can't install to usb storage/sd card. Even got the not enough storage error.
    Was JUST about to wipe my whole device, and suddenly it works now.
    I feel like I should get donuts for that. :D :D :D
  • LPNintendoITA
    11277 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    what version is it?
    if it's 4.11.2 it's old
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited November 2014
    jukan00 wrote:

When I tried to open the app it took me to that annoying - "update availbabe want want want!" message. Had to go into google play. It was there. I always keep up on the updates so it wasn't like one from 10 days ago that we had (I already did that one).

yea my playstore says that the last update was from the 30th thats weird though
  • eliansukke180
    18100 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    46MB? That's a lot! :shock:
  • Smurfercom
    158 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Even with a locked boot loader the z1s has been fantastic for gaming. I can go through 101 neighbor's and still have 80 some odd percent batt discharge. 32 internal storage helps a lot, the games are getting fatter and the storage is getting thinner. Off loading to SD is becoming the devil...
  • eliansukke180
    18100 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Smurfercom wrote:
    Even with a locked boot loader the z1s has been fantastic for gaming. I can go through 101 neighbor's and still have 80 some odd percent batt discharge. 32 internal storage helps a lot, the games are getting fatter and the storage is getting thinner. Off loading to SD is becoming the devil...

Agree with this. I have the Z1 and the battery life is fantastic. Never had a smartphone that does not need to be charged for 2 or 3 days.
  • laurapound81
    209 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I used to have a problem with my Sony smartphone, it's not a great one & about a year ago it wouldn't update saying not enough space on device. I put a post on here & someone came back saying even though the game is so many MBs the device actually has to have even more space free than that to install & update properly.

Got a tablet now so all good.
  • tralfabits
    345 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Forced update on my Android.

And the game crashed like mad a few times before settling down to pretty much what it was like before.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!