EA Forums - Banner

Twelve Tiny Tweaks

Prev1
In addition to new types of ground cover, I would really really appreciate the ability to place pavement in blocks of less than 4x4 (1x1 would be awesome, 2x2 would be just fine), or at least be able to start the 4x4 block of pavement on any square instead of only being able to start it every fourth square. This would make designing pathways or entrances to buildings much easier!

Replies

• vic147
    624 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Those are really great ideas, hope the get implemented, specially the town census.
  • TheThrashMan
    365 posts
    edited November 2014
    I'd be happy with any of these additions.
  • weagle1294705
    291 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Great post. I agree.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Agreed!

Now if only we could get EA staff to read this thread and implement those tweaks...
  • 1Mastiff
    184 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I will add my "yes" to all of the above
  • LPNintendoITA
    11660 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    1. yes
    2. all of them is impossible. triple the space and not recognisable from back. rest ok
    3. yes
    4. yes
    5. what?
    6. yes
    7. yes
    8. hell yes
    9. hell yes
    10. yep
    11. yes
    12. yeah
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Great list! I would love to be able to place cars on the road.
  • Annathewicked
    4722 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Yes please

And add moving river, street, and pavement one tile at a time instead of every 4 spaces or whatever the jump is......
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    5. what?

I believe the OP is talking about how if you can only go on the game once a day you must constantly move this visit 5 minutes later than the previous one.
    I.e. 3.00 I set 24 hour jobs, next day at 3 I collect these jobs and set them again at 3:05 meaning after one week I am visiting at at 3:35 instead of 3:00.
    The time has "drifted" from 3:00 to 3:25.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Agreed! I really want the rivers to meet the sea and more ground covers. :-)
  • amcevil
    350 posts
    edited November 2014
    aidx1054 wrote:
    5. what?

I believe the OP is talking about how if you can only go on the game once a day you must constantly move this visit 5 minutes later than the previous one.
    I.e. 3.00 I set 24 hour jobs, next day at 3 I collect these jobs and set them again at 3:05 meaning after one week I am visiting at at 3:35 instead of 3:00.

That isn't a problem that can be solved. No matter how long you make the job it will always take time to collect and set tasks.

Edit: btw, other ideas: top notch :thumbup:

2nd edit: It could be solved with a "collect all" and a "set all" button but not by changing the time the task takes.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    amcevil wrote:
    aidx1054 wrote:
    5. what?

That isn't a problem that can be solved. No matter how long you make the job it will always take time to collect and set tasks.

Edit: btw, other ideas: top notch :thumbup:

2nd edit: It could be solved with a "collect all" and a "set all" button but not by changing the time the task takes.

I think 23 and a half hour tasks would work but only for once a day players because if I sent them at 3 they are done at half 2 and waiting for me to collect at 3. Rinse and repeat
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Fantastic list! Small improvements can make a huge difference!

I'd like to see a night mode option added, with the ability the turn it off so those who prefer day mode all the time don't have to use it. It can be done - it has been in similar games :D
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I think everyone here has named just about every tweak I would like to see to the game.

I do especially like the suggestions regarding the pavement widths, the Town Hall, and the joint tasks.

One of the things that bothers me too: I don't mind characters having a joint task with another character, but there are a couple of characters that it seems have half their available tasks with another character (case in point: Bernice Hibbert). I don't understand why this is, particularly given the problem with not having the task listed on the other character's list. If it's a later character like Bernice, and I'm setting everyone up on , say, 4 or 8 hour tasks, by the time I get to assign her, half her tasks are unavailable because I've already assigned her task partners to do something else!

Why not make an option for a lone task for the same time limit? So for example, Bernice's task with Marge is 4 hours. She could have another four hour task alone so that you could pick either one. I believe there are already several characters who have more than one 2 or 4 hour task to choose from (Homer comes to mind).
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I think everyone here has named just about every tweak I would like to see to the game.

I do especially like the suggestions regarding the pavement widths, the Town Hall, and the joint tasks.

One of the things that bothers me too: I don't mind characters having a joint task with another character, but there are a couple of characters that it seems have half their available tasks with another character (case in point: Bernice Hibbert). I don't understand why this is, particularly given the problem with not having the task listed on the other character's list. If it's a later character like Bernice, and I'm setting everyone up on , say, 4 or 8 hour tasks, by the time I get to assign her, half her tasks are unavailable because I've already assigned her task partners to do something else!

Why not make an option for a lone task for the same time limit? So for example, Bernice's task with Marge is 4 hours. She could have another four hour task alone so that you could pick either one. I believe there are already several characters who have more than one 2 or 4 hour task to choose from (Homer comes to mind).

This annoys me too but there is a way around it. If you store characters you can rearrange the order they appear in the line up e.g to fix Bernice so she comes before Marge store Moe's tavern and place it again. This places Marge and moe at the end of the task list.
  • mattderes
    133 posts
    edited November 2014
    suetopia wrote:

I'd like to see a night mode option added, with the ability the turn it off so those who prefer day mode all the time don't have to use it. It can be done - it has been in similar games :D

I would love a night mode, but that's not a tiny tweak, that's a rather huge amount of graphical work to do, especially if you wants the lights to work properly.
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    mattderes wrote:
    suetopia wrote:

I would love a night mode, but that's not a tiny tweak, that's a rather huge amount of graphical work to do, especially if you wants the lights to work properly.

I didn't realize the coding would be so complex for that!
  • shannontj
    92 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Great list. I'd add parking spots to the list of 360 degree items too.
  • smohqy
    2111 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    This list is wonderful. Mods, please sticky this so EA will take notice (hah, yeah right*).

I was about to make a thread about the census myself. I was thinking it would be helpful (especially during events such as this THOH) if under the character and task, it could just show the time remaining on the task. 0:00 would mean complete.

I also agree wholeheartedly with the road/pavement size and positioning. And parking lots and benches should be 360. Although with the benches, they would need to create new animations for character's tasks, such as feed the birds. But I would still love it. Imagine four benches around a campfire or a fountain.

Ground cover! Dirt roads! The tiniest things would make us sooo happy!

Great list, OP!

*About EA, not the mods.
  • delegg629524
    337 posts
    edited November 2014
    I would add more than one character in the bounce at the same time.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.