EA Forums - Banner

Christmas event being extended

Prev1
Just like with the Halloween event. Longer than is needed.

Replies

• melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited December 2012
    Nooooooooooooooo. No more coins for mystery boxes please EA!!!!
  • BlueElwood
    148 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    & on the 3rd of January this forum will be full of "Why is Christmas still here?" etc etc etc. :?:
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited December 2012
    Definitely too long, but I can get over the coins being there extra. Those zombies were frustrating by the end haha.

I've been collecting money/buying plots of lands to overhaul my 2 towns (itsmedanshep, danshep233) but it's hard to do some of that with all the snow. Will just have to wait some extra time I guess.
  • FBMbmx12
    68 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Just like with the Halloween event. Longer than is needed.

well said
  • skylight16
    166 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Sounds good to me since I know I won't be able to get SLH on time.
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited December 2012
    skylight,

Just curious: How many friends do you have in the game? I have the 100 maximum (although it takes a ton of time to visit them all), which can lead to 300 coins a day, which would get SLH in 5 days. Not including the coins from the houses/trees/etc. Always just assumed the people who spent time to post here (other than the "my game doesn't work" and "add me" people were usually pretty dedicated to the game.)

I've skipped a couple days now and then visiting friends and have SLH and everything but one of the Funzos. Jan. 3 would seem like enough time for almost everyone, IMO.
  • roadrunner1132
    73 posts
    edited December 2012
    Yeah agreed way too long for it! I'm guessing the Gil events have been pushed back accordingly? I.E a donut sale on the 23rd or something
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited December 2012
    One day left for me to finish the Christmas update, and not a day too soon. Sorry friends, but visiting so many friends every day is tedious.

Don't get me wrong, I love the update, just can do without that 30 minute grind of visiting random friends Springfields. It's not like I'm even checking them out, just collect and go. Friends made more sense having a dozen and observing their towns development from day to day. Now it's just a chore.
  • Double_Density
    60 posts
    edited December 2012

That's really my only complaint...even a hedge is more useful than Christmas coins.
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    The difference will be from the halloween task is that you can switch back to normal houses and don't have to keep collecting coins, all you'll have is the new year winter theme.
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited December 2012
    This is so stupid.

1) I'm not even trying to collect coins and I have enough to buy the Funzo's and SLH. I graffiti when I visit neighbors and the ONLY reason I still have my lights up is so whiney people don't start another "Why aren't you participating" thread and pull the threaten to delete me card.

2) Probably the same people who 🎃🎃🎃🎃 about not enough time to collect all the treats during Halloween and then turned around and started the "I wonder what we are going to get for our extra treats" threads.

And it could be just a way to say the developers at EA are taking the holiday's off and won't have the next level update ready to be released until later in the month of January.

NOTE to my neighbors: December 26 I will have no more lights. No more Christmas tree. If you want to delete me, by all means, go for it. Thank you and have a great day. =)
  • MoopsDude
    328 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    say_it_ain't_so.jpg
    Yes, THAT MoopsDude

I GRIND, It’s what I do
  • skylight16
    166 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    skylight,

Just curious: How many friends do you have in the game? I have the 100 maximum (although it takes a ton of time to visit them all), which can lead to 300 coins a day, which would get SLH in 5 days. Not including the coins from the houses/trees/etc. Always just assumed the people who spent time to post here (other than the "my game doesn't work" and "add me" people were usually pretty dedicated to the game.)

I've skipped a couple days now and then visiting friends and have SLH and everything but one of the Funzos. Jan. 3 would seem like enough time for almost everyone, IMO.

I added 20 friends only since I started playing. Not really the player who's pretty dedicated to the game that I felt the need to have 100 friends. And wasting time to collect coins from 100 friends was not something I was willing to do. I just aimed to get the Mapple store, Barney and Try'n'Save. I was pretty much expecting I wouldn't have enough coins for SLH by the end of the event. Didn't bother me that much.
  • thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited December 2012

You miss getting wooden fences and parking spaces that much? :)
  • mitsuhoney
    261 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I dont know why they feel the need to extend it, I have not used any donuts to speed up the process nor add 100 neighbors just to get more Santa Coins and all I have left to buy is Santas Little Helper, and I am pretty sure I will more than likely get him in the next week or so. I mean, I would understand them extending it if they added more Christmas decor for us to purchase with Santa Coins but they wont so I really dont see the whole point in this, but I wont be annoyed because the moment I get SLH I will stop giving Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Ned Christmas jobs and give them regular jobs, and at least we dont have annoying zombies roaming around every few hours so I find this less annoying, but for me, once its December 26, I dont want to keep Christmas around anymore (but I will keep the decor up until the end of the month for my neighbors who need help).
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited December 2012
    thejudd67 wrote:

You miss getting wooden fences and parking spaces that much? :)

Lol, anythings better than coins for me right now :(. I would even prefer a patch of grass.
  • linguo60
    271 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I don't need it expended past January, but I also don't have 100 friends. I got first funzo, and if all my neighbors keep their lights I should have SLH in about 9 days. So I do hope people will keep the lights up until end of month. I won't get second funzo but that's ok. Would be bummed about not getting SLH
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited December 2012
    linguo60 wrote:
    I don't need it expended past January, but I also don't have 100 friends. I got first funzo, and if all my neighbors keep their lights I should have SLH in about 9 days. So I do hope people will keep the lights up until end of month. I won't get second funzo but that's ok. Would be bummed about not getting SLH

Exactly. I can get 2nd funzo now but I want to be sure I get SLH. I'm sure ill get enough coins still to get 2nd funzo though
  • coffret_do
    144 posts
    edited December 2012
    Depending on how long they will extend it for. Personally, I don't mind the extension at all, since I was not able to log on a couple days and I don't have that many friends. Also, I think some people had problem with logging in. I am still in the process of getting the Fuzo and the SLH. Hope I can finish it all.
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited December 2012
    The thing is not all of us have one hundred friends or ten Chrisrmas trees or even the premium stuff and getting coins is tough for a lot of us. I don't know if I'll make it to SLH by the end of the event when they switch him over to massieve donuts, if even.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!