EA Forums - Banner

Didnt get a single last event item club.

Replies

  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited November 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    *In total this means over an hour a day needed to play this event...come on that's ridiculous!

    I don't get it. How much time would be appropriate then? As someone who doesn't play all day because of work and sometimes is busy in the weekends (you know that "having a life" thing) playing about an hour or so a day is quite doable and enough for a lot of people to complete the event. What do you consider appropriate?
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    7 hours per week is unacceptable for me, personally

    that's a LOT
  • purplebohemian
    65 posts
    edited November 2014
    I don't think it would be a fun game if the prizes were so easy to get, and prizes that everyone could get. I like the game being a challenge.
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited November 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    7 hours per week is unacceptable for me, personally

    that's a LOT

    Thats just during events. When nothing is going on in this game I probably play an hour a week. The whole purpose of the events is to get people playing more (and eventually spending more). Are you expecting a big event with a lot of prizes where you only play 5 minutes a day?
  • kingmob31838
    519 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    7 hours per week is unacceptable for me, personally

    that's a LOT

    :roll: :lol:

    It's an event. You either take part or you don't. What you're feeling right now is a sense of entitlement.
  • purplebohemian
    65 posts
    edited November 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    7 hours per week is unacceptable for me, personally

    that's a LOT

    :roll: :lol:

    It's an event. You either take part or you don't. What you're feeling right now is a sense of entitlement.


    :thumbup:

    Just because you participate in an event doesn't mean you should automatically get the prizes. It's a game. You have to play the game...
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    7 hours per week is unacceptable for me, personally

    that's a LOT

    :roll: :lol:

    It's an event. You either take part or you don't. What you're feeling right now is a sense of entitlement.


    once again, I repeat, I am speaking on behalf of everyone
    personally I don't care cos I got everything I wanted to
    but my neighbours keep dropping like flies and give up on events half way through...that is a problem

    I am standing up for the little people 8)
    I know that you guys are all about 'ME ME ME' but the world goes beyond your selfishness
  • HappyGamer73
    2406 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    chrisgyo wrote:
    7 hours per week is unacceptable for me, personally

    that's a LOT

    :roll: :lol:

    It's an event. You either take part or you don't. What you're feeling right now is a sense of entitlement.


    once again, I repeat, I am speaking on behalf of everyone
    personally I don't care cos I got everything I wanted to
    but my neighbours keep dropping like flies and give up on events half way through...that is a problem

    I am standing up for the little people 8)
    I know that you guys are all about 'ME ME ME' but the world goes beyond your selfishness

    OK, it's great that you're thinking of everyone, but isn't it a little selfish as well to think that everyone should be able to get prizes with no extra effort? It's not like I was a slave to the game to get everything, just played a little more than usual. It's hard to make the game appeal to everyone at the same time, and I think they did a fairly good job of hitting a middle ground with this one - not too hard to finish, but you actually had to put some effort into it.
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited November 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    chrisgyo wrote:
    7 hours per week is unacceptable for me, personally

    that's a LOT

    :roll: :lol:

    It's an event. You either take part or you don't. What you're feeling right now is a sense of entitlement.


    once again, I repeat, I am speaking on behalf of everyone
    personally I don't care cos I got everything I wanted to
    but my neighbours keep dropping like flies and give up on events half way through...that is a problem

    I am standing up for the little people 8)
    I know that you guys are all about 'ME ME ME' but the world goes beyond your selfishness


    You are not speaking for everyone because you are not speaking for those who actually want to play the game.
  • hrw8358
    16 posts
    edited November 2014
    I'm a few hundred short of UBO and its telling me I can still craft it. But when I tap to do that there is no UBO to be crafted. Anyone know why that might be please?
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited November 2014
    I have a busy life, there were many days I could only check in once, and I rarely visited all my neighbors due to lack of time, yet I still managed to get all the prizes without using donuts to do so. I didnt buy any portals or crafting items, but I did have all the kids to trick or treat with, perhaps that is what made the difference.

    Still, if you resent the idea of having to play the game often, dont want to spend on donuts, yet want these items so badly your willing to cry foul about it later, im thinking maybe this game isnt for you.

    Last Easter I played much more than I did this event, and I still missed out on Sherry Bobbins and the Egg Council Guy. Did I ever complain once about it? No. I don't need my town to have everything, especially characters as obscure as those.

    If I didnt manage to get UBO, I dont think it would have ruined my day. I think the only items from this event that I really liked were Hugo and The Grand Pumpkin.
  • unfeasible
    28 posts
    edited November 2014
    hrw8358 wrote:
    I'm a few hundred short of UBO and its telling me I can still craft it. But when I tap to do that there is no UBO to be crafted. Anyone know why that might be please?

    You probably won't be able to craft it, but keep tapping aliens and opening bags before the update goes out. Other people have been able to do it. You can, too!
  • hrw8358
    16 posts
    edited November 2014
    unfeasible wrote:
    hrw8358 wrote:
    I'm a few hundred short of UBO and its telling me I can still craft it. But when I tap to do that there is no UBO to be crafted. Anyone know why that might be please?

    You probably won't be able to craft it, but keep tapping aliens and opening bags before the update goes out. Other people have been able to do it. You can, too!

    Thanks! Do you think thatll work though, i no longer have the countdown chart so do you think if I hit 14900 it'll appear in my inventory lol I wouldn't be bothered as much if I wasnt sooo close lol
  • simpleidea42
    8 posts
    edited November 2014
    This thread is ridiculous. It went from:

    "it's impossible to get everything unless you spend money..."

    To

    "Well the amount of time it takes to get everything."

    So which is it? Mind you, if you truly enjoy this game. It stats affloat because of premium pLayers. Without them and their "unfair advantage." There would be no more tapped out. None of the main prizes where that cool anyway.
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited November 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    - visiting friends alone needs 30min per day
    - plus another 15min twice per day to sort out the trick or treaters

    Two things; you have too many friends, especially since any friends over 30 won't help you as far as this event goes. I get through 30-40 friends in 10-15 minutes, depending. (That said, I have definitely not visited every day, because sometimes things come up and I don't want to spend the time, so I can relate to that. But, honestly, the boost from visiting friends is pretty negligible, that's not where you're going to make it to the alien Burns.)
    And two, you're supposed to click on the gold bag in your task list to cycle through the trick or treaters, it should take you 2 or 3 minutes (if that), not 15.

  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited November 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    once again, I repeat, I am speaking on behalf of everyone
    personally I don't care cos I got everything I wanted to
    but my neighbours keep dropping like flies and give up on events half way through...that is a problem

    It isn't about the difficulty of the event, there will always be people who drop out for one reason or another. The biggest problem for the longevity of the game is not people who aren't paying money stopping playing, it is that they are basically out of characters that people are actually interested in paying money for. If the top prize in this event was as good as, say, Barney (back in the first Christmas update), people would play more to get him, but Alien Burns is a bit more fringe than that.
  • unfeasible
    28 posts
    edited November 2014
    hrw8358 wrote:
    unfeasible wrote:
    hrw8358 wrote:
    I'm a few hundred short of UBO and its telling me I can still craft it. But when I tap to do that there is no UBO to be crafted. Anyone know why that might be please?

    You probably won't be able to craft it, but keep tapping aliens and opening bags before the update goes out. Other people have been able to do it. You can, too!

    Thanks! Do you think thatll work though, i no longer have the countdown chart so do you think if I hit 14900 it'll appear in my inventory lol I wouldn't be bothered as much if I wasnt sooo close lol

    It can't hurt to try!
  • purplebohemian
    65 posts
    edited November 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:


    once again, I repeat, I am speaking on behalf of everyone
    personally I don't care cos I got everything I wanted to
    but my neighbours keep dropping like flies and give up on events half way through...that is a problem

    I am standing up for the little people 8)
    I know that you guys are all about 'ME ME ME' but the world goes beyond your selfishness

    I am confused as to why you are even complaining... I mean, you say you already have all the prizes you want, and are speaking on behalf of everyone? Because you are assuming that the people on your friend list quit because they give up due to the prize scale being set too high? Well, that is an assumption on your part. Who knows why they quit? Maybe they didn't like the prizes regardless of whether they would have been able to achieve them or not? Maybe they had other obligations in life and the game wasn't worth their time? Maybe they got bored with the game? It's wrong to assume that the reason they quit is because it was too hard. If you are so upset that your friends quit, then delete the inactive people and get more active friends. I see it every time when an event comes up, that people will start playing and then quit. But who knows why they quit? I didn't play the Clash of Clans update very much because 1) I didn't like the concept of it all 2) the prizes weren't that exciting enough to keep me playing. Maybe some of your friends didn't like the Halloween update?

    If you read through all the boards pertaining to people getting/not getting the prizes, there are a lot of people posting that they were able to get the prizes without paying and without sacrificing their social life. You seem to forget that this is a game! Not everyone wins. EA can see the stats--I am sure if very few people we getting any of the prizes, they might realize they set the bar too high. But that doesn't seem to be the case with the Halloween update.
  • hrw8358
    16 posts
    edited November 2014
    unfeasible wrote:
    hrw8358 wrote:
    unfeasible wrote:
    hrw8358 wrote:
    I'm a few hundred short of UBO and its telling me I can still craft it. But when I tap to do that there is no UBO to be crafted. Anyone know why that might be please?

    You probably won't be able to craft it, but keep tapping aliens and opening bags before the update goes out. Other people have been able to do it. You can, too!

    Thanks! Do you think thatll work though, i no longer have the countdown chart so do you think if I hit 14900 it'll appear in my inventory lol I wouldn't be bothered as much if I wasnt sooo close lol

    It can't hurt to try!

    I guess not! Thanks again :)
  • unfeasible
    28 posts
    edited November 2014
    hrw8358 wrote:
    unfeasible wrote:
    hrw8358 wrote:
    unfeasible wrote:
    hrw8358 wrote:
    I'm a few hundred short of UBO and its telling me I can still craft it. But when I tap to do that there is no UBO to be crafted. Anyone know why that might be please?

    You probably won't be able to craft it, but keep tapping aliens and opening bags before the update goes out. Other people have been able to do it. You can, too!

    Thanks! Do you think thatll work though, i no longer have the countdown chart so do you think if I hit 14900 it'll appear in my inventory lol I wouldn't be bothered as much if I wasnt sooo close lol

    It can't hurt to try!

    I guess not! Thanks again :)

    No problem. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.