EA Forums - Banner

Bands/artists you've never listened to

Prev13
Jblue8298
7993 posts New member
The Who

And I know a lot of people like this band but I've never even listened to their songs, maybe one or 2.. Stone Roses :shock:

Replies

• direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I've never heard of or listened to 99% of all popular hip-hop, pop, and country. I've also never heard about 85% of all popular rock music produced after 2000.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Jblue8298 wrote:
    My dirty secret: I've never listened to Tool

by choice or circumstance?!?!?

I always get mocked for this, but I have a Big 5 of bands that I've heard but simply don't understand why they are revered: Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, U2, REM, and Rush. They are instant station-changers for me.
  • Jblue8298
    7993 posts New member
    edited November 2014
    Jblue8298 wrote:

I always get mocked for this, but I have a Big 5 of bands that I've heard but simply don't understand why they are revered: Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, U2, REM, and Rush. They are instant station-changers for me.
    lol circumstance I guess, I should probably get around to it...

agree about U2, never really liked them too much

but Zeppelin?! that I do not get :P
  • RMVancleav710
    3533 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    mostly anything after mid to late 90's....except A Perfect Circle (cant stand Tool) Korn, then again they started in the 90's so I guess they don't count...and I like some of Five Finger Death Punch...other than that honestly not a fan of anything new, just irritates me....
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4694 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Only stuff I'm not interested in. All that is Country music. Pop. Miley, Beiber, etc....

So many bands influenced the music I love. Hard to ignore them.

I guess one that I can think of, probably not a great example, but I never tried Slayer. Weird to avoid them. But I never gave them a chance. :?
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Until very recently, i had never listened to Tool as well. Just by circumstance.

Listened to it a while ago because i wanted to for some time but kept forgetting. Someone here posted a song, i clicked and that was it. Awesome band. I think it was Stingray who posted. Thanks Sting.
  • Jblue8298
    7993 posts New member
    edited November 2014
    apparently the tool album aenima was dedicated to bill hicks, maybe I'll start with that one

unless someone has another suggestion

Edit: Error, Tool not on spotify... so, yeah
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4694 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Aenima and Undertow are my favorites personally. Cant go wrong with those.
  • johnny50373
    2767 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Jblue8298 wrote:

I'm on board with your Van Halen and U2 picks but like Jblue said, zeppelin?!

I'll add The Doors to my overrated list. People think I love The Doors because I carry the "hippie gene" but I can't stand them!
  • Jblue8298
    7993 posts New member
    edited November 2014
    I'll add The Doors to my overrated list. People think I love The Doors because I carry the "hippie gene" but I can't stand them!
    :| we're slowly making our way through my top five bands...

if someone says queen, I'm out :lol:
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4694 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Jblue8298 wrote:

I was just talking about Queen with my co-worker. Love em.
  • johnny50373
    2767 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Jblue8298 wrote:

I was just talking about Queen with my co-worker. Love em.

Yeah, Queen rocks.
  • steviebwell
    163 posts
    edited November 2014
    I was recently told that if you do not like Prince I have no taste in good music. With that being said I think Prince is very overrated, I always change the station when his music comes on and therefore have no taste in music. This may stem from when KISS FM here in Phoenix played "Kiss" for 2 weeks straight while the were setting up.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I personally enjoy Prince a lot! However if you do not like his music, i don't think you have a bad taste. To each his own.
  • johnny50373
    2767 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I was recently told that if you do not like Prince I have no taste in good music. With that being said I think Prince is very overrated, I always change the station when his music comes on and therefore have no taste in music. This may stem from when KISS FM here in Phoenix played "Kiss" for 2 weeks straight while the were setting up.

Hey, I'm in Mesa. :D

I've never understood the KISS thing. I'm not a fan.
  • empathy77
    4158 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I have never listened to a Bieber song, I have no idea what that tool actually sounds like......
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4694 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    empathy77 wrote:
    I have never listened to a Bieber song, I have no idea what that tool actually sounds like......

I imagine he sounds like poo hitting batman in the face.

tumblr_lxcuw1KlTJ1qg39ewo1_500.gif

:lol:
  • johnny50373
    2767 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    empathy77 wrote:

^this^
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    empathy77 wrote:

^this^

I think his music is basically the same as Tools lead singers side project. I've heard one song from each and they both were not very good. But seriously, I'm sure Bieber's music sounds good to people (usually teens) who haven't discovered what good music is yet, IMHO
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    mostly anything after mid to late 90's....except A Perfect Circle (cant stand Tool) Korn, then again they started in the 90's so I guess they don't count...and I like some of Five Finger Death Punch...other than that honestly not a fan of anything new, just irritates me....

OMG! A perfect circle! I love their Mer De Noms album

I have never listened to anything by The Who and I REFUSE to listen to anything by U2
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!