EA Forums - Banner

What's Your Secret?

Honestly, I didn't always have my children trick or treating. My schedule is all over the shop and if they were going to finish at 2am, i would do another task, so trick or treating would finish at 6am or after. I was logging on via free wifi, everywhere I went, to make sure I got a chance. Not everyone gets this option and unfortunately I ahve been broke so currently data is disconnected on my phone.
Oh and my boyfriend is complaining that I have neglected him for the last month and been playing this too much. Also he knows his band mate/brother has been neglecting his music for this.
One of my friends was setting her alarm. I had a slumber party for my 31st and heard her alarm and saw her get up and start tapping.
Everyone I know seriously drilled this event to get everything.

Replies

• PantherusNZ
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I joined pretty late in the piece as far as I know - I never saw any of phase 1 or 2 at least - but I managed to get the UBO about an hour or 2 before the listed deadline. I only have 2 kids (Milhouse & Lisa) but I had them Trick or Treating as often as possible, I also only had 2 friends for the first week before I found places like this to get some friends added.

No idea how I managed it then, looking at some other people's comments :S
  • iSkriLLz
    18 posts
    edited November 2014
    I joined pretty late in the piece as far as I know - I never saw any of phase 1 or 2 at least - but I managed to get the UBO about an hour or 2 before the listed deadline. I only have 2 kids (Milhouse & Lisa) but I had them Trick or Treating as often as possible, I also only had 2 friends for the first week before I found places like this to get some friends added.

That's what I mean ^. It seems so bizarre that someone could join in late and still manage to not struggle obtaining an item that seems quite difficult to obtain for someone else. Especially when that someone else has more children trick-or-treating and is using premium items in order to get ahead. Not complaining here, just really curious as to why this is.
  • PantherusNZ
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    iSkriLLz wrote:

That's what I mean ^. It seems so bizarre that someone could join in late and still manage to not struggle obtaining an item that seems quite difficult to obtain for someone else. Especially when that someone else has more children trick-or-treating and is using premium items in order to get ahead. Not complaining here, just really curious as to why this is.

Wish I had an answer - don't think I unlocked any special trick. One thing I wonder is whether there might be a maximum number of aliens you can have in your own town at any one time, and if you hit that limit then new ones don't show up? That would mean people not checking their towns consistently enough weren't getting all the possible +5 Strings they could have??
  • iSkriLLz
    18 posts
    edited November 2014
    iSkriLLz wrote:

Wish I had an answer - don't think I unlocked any special trick. One thing I wonder is whether there might be a maximum number of aliens you can have in your own town at any one time, and if you hit that limit then new ones don't show up? That would mean people not checking their towns consistently enough weren't getting all the possible +5 Strings they could have??

I believe that's a possibility. But that being said, I checked my town pretty regularly. Several times a day at least. But there seem to be people who didn't even have to go that far to get more. I wish there was a code or a pattern we could unlock here lol
  • McYahoo
    26 posts
    edited November 2014
    The OP appears to be high level player, someone that bought a few advantages and played well by dropping the grem-alien eggs into a feeder town to get the maximum benefit. This leaves the only weak part of their game, playing only 3 a day.

The aliens would fill up the town every 4 hours or 6 times a day and in the last round with the maximum of 50 aliens in the town you would get 250 LPSs each time you collected a full batch. If you were able to do this right on the dot every time your take per day would be 1,500, but then you wouldn't have much sleep. However, getting just one more collection in per day would have added 3,000 LPS to your total (250 LPS * 12 days) and that would have pushed you over the top.

12 days * 90 Friend actions with Hunting License = 2,160 LPS
    12 days * 3 Collections * 50 Aliens = 9,000 LPS
    Total = 11,160 LPS

This is pretty close to the 12,900 that you indicated that you had at the end, with the rest (1,740) coming from the treat bags and UFOs and an extra collection or two. You didn't need to live in the game, but you did need to visit 30 friends every day and collect at least 4 full batches of aliens to get over the top. This alone would have provided 14,160 LPS or just 740 shy of the goal.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited November 2014
    I have all the kids, and I play at least every 4 hours.

Edit to add: my B town is freemium. I only have 5 kids there, but played every 4 hours, kept them trick or treating, and did all friends visits. And did finish in the B town.
  • Wildjem
    37 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Had the same problem here. (License, almost all the children in my town, non stop trick or treating, tapping 2-3 times a day) Always got all the prizes in an event. Here is have played more then ever and didn't reach the goal. I'm very happy it has been extended, I'm almost there.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited November 2014
    I dont know why I can't edit my last post. But I also have a freemium town and only 5 kids there, but played every 4 hours and did all visits. Managed to finish in my free town.
  • iSkriLLz
    18 posts
    edited November 2014
    Wildjem wrote:
    Had the same problem here. (License, almost all the children in my town, non stop trick or treating, tapping 2-3 times a day) Always got all the prizes in an event. Here is have played more then ever and didn't reach the goal. I'm very happy it has been extended, I'm almost there.

I'm continuing to trick-or-treat and tap away at aliens while there is an "extension". I'm still only at 11,742 LPS's. I doubt I'll make it but I'm gonna try!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I wouldn't say I finished the event "without trying." I did try. Spare moments throughout the day were spent tapping on aliens. I reset trick-or-treat when I woke up, when classes finished, and before I went to sleep (if I could stay awake long enough, which I usually could.) It's not like it was a full-time job or anything, but I definitely did try.
    I don't know why some people tried as hard as I did and couldn't win all the prizes. Maybe they got fewer gremaliens from neighbors. Maybe they got worse stuff from UFOs (although I got a lot of gummy bears I couldn't use from those things, so maybe not.) Maybe something else. I can't account for it.
  • bertybandi481
    35 posts
    edited November 2014
    I'm with Neuro, I tried hard but was far from perfect.

A couple of thoughts...

3+ times a day may not have been enough. I likely was closer to 5 times a day (6, 10, 2, 6, 10) but not every day as life gets in the way.

I always struggle with comments saying 'you only need 30 friends'. You need 100 to maximise taps, or gremaliens in this case. You then need to tap on said gremaliens to release the opportunity for more friends to dump them in your town, so this comes back to the 3+ comment.

I comfortably got all prizes. I'm a freemium player, with no premium help except SVT (which I had to buy because I gave up on misery boxes).
  • patzmcm
    703 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    In phase 1 I posted wondering how the freemium players were doing - it seemed to be geared towards premium players. Many (not all) freemiums posted that they were doing fine, no donuts needed. I wondered because I bought everything to help and didn't seem to be ahead. I did end up finishing a few days ahead, but several of my neighbors who are freemium were ahead of me (both on the leaderboard and points for all three phases). Probably because I only sent my kids out twice a day (no alarm for me, did that with Stoncutters and that was enough of that). I checked in every few hours to squish aliens, and I loved dropping eggs so bought a bunch to deliver to neighbors. It is odd that some players were doing all the right things and couldn't manage to finish.
  • ccnqsj985
    195 posts
    edited November 2014
    I found in a few threads online, and tried it myself. For some reason the maximum amount of strings came on a 4 hour loop. That meaning shut the game off and walk away. But toward the end I also had to grind to get kang, Hugo and u.b.o.. accomplished all and started the game only 2 1/2 weeks ago. No it is not easy and I don't buy into this trickery that we speak of. Rubbish all rubbish. Lol

Only kidding but no it was not easy at all to accomplish yet getting almost 6-7,000 strings in 2 1/2 days was a task.
  • ColourfulxRain
    16 posts
    edited November 2014
    I was about 2-3 thousand behind UBO. I didn't make the hover copter either. Or the majority of the candy craft items. There was only 1 day in the last run where I played only once. The rest of the time I played about 4 times a day. I sent the kids trick or treating as much as possible. I think people forget there are variables in the game. Such as the type of candy you got, how often you got ammo, and what you won from the UFOs. ( I didn't win any donuts except the 20 from the questline, not even from treat bags). I'm not too bothered though, to be honest the prizes didn't feel that great. Hugo and the alien were the highlight for me. :)
  • MojoTheBard
    1 posts
    edited November 2014
    My big tip would have been to squish all the aliens right before bed and again first hing when you wake up, since sleep time is where you're losing the most time due to the 50 alien max in town.

Assuming you were able to check in every 4 hours over the course of 12 days (not realistic, but possible) you could squish 12 per hour, or 288 per day, or 3,456 over the 12 days of phase 3. That's up to 17,280 protein strands up for grabs even to level 1 freemium players, with no kids getting bags and no friends to visit.

Everyone needs sleep so squishing every possible alien is unrealistic, but other stuff that helped me over the course of 12 days...

-30 Friends earned 1080 extra stands.
    -Ray Gun earned up to 36 additional ammo.
    -Witch Marge earned up to 18 extra bags
    -"Hoarding" bags or eggs from previous phases gave a significant jump start.

I ended with 10,300 Probes, 8,100 Ray Guns, and 22,000 Protein Strands using the 10 non-preium kids, Squeeky Voice, Witch Marge and the Ray Gun, but never buying Hunting Licence, Extra Eggs, Extra Bags or Extra Ammo
  • PantherusNZ
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    The biggest thing for me was missing out on Hugo...well, all the crafting stuff really asides from HTS and a few walls - I was a good 50+ short on two of the ingredients needed for the "boy upstairs" and chose not to use donuts for it...of course I wasn't really aware (was obvious in hind-sight of course) that all the crafting would go bye-bye after the update.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.