EA Forums - Banner

Ongoing Android Problems: Thanksgiving 2014 Edition

SamNotSpam wrote:
Going to need a Level 47 version of this thread, getting frequent crashes on my Galaxy Tab 3 running Android 4.4.2 already after the latest Play Store update!

Replies

• WIbigdog
    2 posts
    edited November 2014
    Well, I guess they "fixed" my issue by completely removing my ability to even have the game on my nVidia Shield running 4.4.2 "KitKat" Android. I figured, you know, they would update the game to work on more devices, not just remove it entirely. I went to manually update it and it said it wasn't compatible with my device, so I uninstalled it and went to get it from the Play Store, and it doesn't even come up in there. Oh well, guess I won't bother checking back, not worth the hassle. Thanks for trying to get info from the users and help them play the game though Bravewall, a noble effort :)
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Since there were barely any reports for Level 47 (which is a good sign,) I changed this thread to be for the Thanksgiving 2014 edition instead.

WIbigdog wrote:
    Well, I guess they "fixed" my issue by completely removing my ability to even have the game on my nVidia Shield running 4.4.2 "KitKat" Android. I figured, you know, they would update the game to work on more devices, not just remove it entirely. I went to manually update it and it said it wasn't compatible with my device, so I uninstalled it and went to get it from the Play Store, and it doesn't even come up in there. Oh well, guess I won't bother checking back, not worth the hassle. Thanks for trying to get info from the users and help them play the game though Bravewall, a noble effort :)
    I'm sorry to hear you have given up. You shouldn't be punished just for getting such a sweet new tablet. Hopefully the developers will adapt towards the new android technology soon.
  • saipan_panda
    2 posts
    edited November 2014
    Can't download the update on a Nexus 7 (2012). It stalled at .4 or .5 mb for the Thanksgiving update. Tried clearing the cache, clearing the data, and then deleting the app. Now I can download about ~ 80mb of the ~450mb of updates.
  • edited November 2014
    Same here. My Galaxy s3 won't go past .4 on the update.and my tab 2 won't even update. My partners Ipad2 updated fine.

edit: Completely uninstalled, reinstalled and now won't update at all stuck at 0 and goes to retry screen. :evil:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • saipan_panda
    2 posts
    edited November 2014
    Keep trying to clear the data. Mine finally worked.
  • midnightdyer
    1 posts
    edited November 2014
    I'm unable to load the updates past 0.4MB on both my Nexus 7 (2012) and my Nexus 4. Both are running Android 4.3.
  • deomegus
    595 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Flanders Puritan skin disappeared and cannot start quest line. Samsung galaxy S4 kitkat.
  • jaxxinthebox
    9 posts
    edited November 2014
    I have the same issue I'm using a Samsung galaxy s5 (and have no idea what os it's running on) I got to 0.7 of 14mb of updates but then when to the retry screen so I removed and reinstalled and now it only goes to 0.1 of 14mb and goes to the retry screen!! This has been for days now! I have emailed EA but haven't received a reply so far wondered if anyone knew of any fixes before I go insane and give up for good! :D

I'm so fed up of all the issues as I had so many issues with the halloween update and ended up spending a ridiculous amount of donuts to try catch up and still didn't manage it and missed out on items I usually had no issue getting when I was using the iPhone!

Many thanks in advance :D
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    deomegus wrote:
    Flanders Puritan skin disappeared and cannot start quest line. Samsung galaxy S4 kitkat.
    This isn't specific to android devices.
  • robert_kis556
    2 posts
    edited November 2014
    My report - on a brand new Nexus 6, the game will patch and let you login. But when it comes time to display your Springfield, it just shows you a green screen. You can tap buildings and hear the sounds, but can't see anything. Someone else reported this on Google Play feedback for the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.game.simpsons4_na&reviewId=Z3A6QU9xcFRPSGZOYnVXTnRpcGpoNjVhbkdqRGtBTW1IMHBpdHlaQ3ZyXzhpX0tkNnhxcGN6QmExbGF0T2MxNmt2SGd6YlQ0eC1iWU9PeEZRaHZRU1hpT2xN

• Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    My report - on a brand new Nexus 6, the game will patch and let you login. But when it comes time to display your Springfield, it just shows you a green screen. You can tap buildings and hear the sounds, but can't see anything. Someone else reported this on Google Play feedback for the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.game.simpsons4_na&reviewId=Z3A6QU9xcFRPSGZOYnVXTnRpcGpoNjVhbkdqRGtBTW1IMHBpdHlaQ3ZyXzhpX0tkNnhxcGN6QmExbGF0T2MxNmt2SGd6YlQ0eC1iWU9PeEZRaHZRU1hpT2xN

Another new problem for the nexus. :?

Thanks for the report. Normally external links have to be deleted on this forum, but since your link is from the game's google play store page, I'm sure its fine.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I know it's a known issue, and it looks like any of the Samsung 10 inch tablets are impacted. I just find it hard to believe how long it's been an issue! I see posts in the history more than a year old with the same problem.

Gameplay on my brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab S is so very slow to move around Springfield. It appears to be resolution related. My old tablet was the same tablet dimensions, but the game didn't play in as fine a resolution.

All of my other games are running better on this tablet than my old Xperia Z, except this one. It is clearly an issue with the game itself. My suggestion is to make an option in the settings that lets you flip to a lesser resolution for smoother gameplay.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I tried posting in the main bug thread, didn't get an answer, so I thought I'd post here. I haven't been able to play for almost a week now. I'm playing on a Galaxy Tab 4 running Android version 4.4.2 (no updates available). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, with restarting between each step. I have cleared the cache multiple times on this game and all others. I have uninstalled other games I don't play to make sure there's room. Nothing seems to work. I don't want to delete the data as I didn't save my game to the cloud and I will loose all my progress (along with all the donuts I bought). If there is a way to save the game I am willing to delete the data. If not, I'll just get rid of it and not reinstall. I do have The Sims Free play, it's been working fine and updated recently with no issues.
  • Koalababygirl
    4 posts
    edited November 2014
    Finally gof mine to download. I was at my parents house and it downloaded without issues. So I suggest trying a different Internet if possible
  • ericclone796
    32 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    My town has spontaneously reset back to the fist day. Im still level 47 and I have donuts, but my inventory is empty, I did NOT get nuked.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Finally gof mine to download. I was at my parents house and it downloaded without issues. So I suggest trying a different Internet if possible
    Thanks. I will add that as a recommendation. :-)
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    jbomb175 wrote:
    This isn't new, actually there is a 9 page thread over at xda about this, but out of every app on Google play, tapped out performs the worst by far on this device.

It has 1.9ghz octa-core processor, and 3gb RAM, so there is no reason why it should perform worse than my 3 year old Razr HD Maxx, but it does. As in sub 1fps bad. Even zoomed all the way in, and not scrolling, its terrible. The characters in town are like a slide show.

Please look at it EA... I don't know if your application has problems with the multiple cores, or if its trying to push at the native high resolution of the screen, or a higher texture pack (download was 1.3gb so I'd take low def textures if it is actually playable) - but right now the game will not run while everything else runs great (from 3d games like gta:sa, to adv like wolf among us, to similar games like family guy)... they all can do it, why can't tapped out?
    Does anyone know when the game will work on the newest Kindle Fire HDX 8.9? I believe it's version 4, it was just released about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Tapped Out doesn't even appear in the store when I use the device to look for it. I am so bummed because my old Fire is about to die, I can hardly play the game on it any more without it doing all kinds of strange things.

I have called Amazon and EA, asked over at TSTO Addicts, to no avail. Hoping someone here knows something they don't.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!